x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back yet?!

ReputationRep:
    Not me and I had my interview 13th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KristieNCarr)
    Not me and I had my interview 13th
    Me too, the wait is agonising isn't it! She said up to two weeks didn't she so we should know by Friday!

ReputationRep:
    I've just received an offer for Leeds Beckett! My interview was on the 13th. I didn't get an email though so worth checking ucas!

ReputationRep:
    I've just received an offer for Leeds Beckett! My interview was on the 13th. I didn't get an email though so worth checking ucas!
    Congratulations!!! My offer has just come through from them too. I'm absolutley over the moon!! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EPrice95)
    Congratulations!!! My offer has just come through from them too. I'm absolutley over the moon!! xx

Are you firming??

ReputationRep:
    Are you firming??
    No, I had an interview at Sheffield Hallam on Saturday so I'm waiting to hear back from there. If Hallam offer me a place I will be firming Hallam and using Beckett as my insurance.

What about you? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EPrice95)
    No, I had an interview at Sheffield Hallam on Saturday so I'm waiting to hear back from there. If Hallam offer me a place I will be firming Hallam and using Beckett as my insurance.

What about you? x
    Hey how was Sheffield Hallam interview? I have one in January x

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else thinking of firming?

I really want to!

ReputationRep:
    Only just sent my application to UCAS. How long did you have to wait before you had invites for interviews?

ReputationRep:
    I've just created a group for all applicants and offer holders for nursing at Leeds Beckett (all branches). It would be nice to get to know some of you!

https://m.facebook.com/groups/733926...?ref=bookmarks

ReputationRep:
    Just a reminder of the group we have started for next years students! The link is in the above post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TardigradeFan)
    Hello all. I myself am not applying for nursing (I'm actually hoping to do Geology), but my sister, currently in Year 11, is interested in mental health nursing. Has anyone got any advice on volunteering/work experience? Things you wish someone had told you when you were at that stage? Thank you so much for your time.
    I know this is an old post so don't know if it's still relevant but I'm nearing the end of my first year as a student mental health nurse after having no healthcare experience prior to this. I wish I had done some voluntary work in a hospice beforehand (I aimed to do this but my paid work commitments didn't leave me with any time to do so) or had a job in an older adults' nursing home or similar. Perhaps your sister could get a weekend job doing something like that?
    Happy to answer any questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cdawg5)
    I know this is an old post so don't know if it's still relevant but I'm nearing the end of my first year as a student mental health nurse after having no healthcare experience prior to this. I wish I had done some voluntary work in a hospice beforehand (I aimed to do this but my paid work commitments didn't leave me with any time to do so) or had a job in an older adults' nursing home or similar. Perhaps your sister could get a weekend job doing something like that?
    Happy to answer any questions.
    Thank you for replying, that's very kind of you. She is looking to start doing as much volunteering as possible this summer, though she isn't yet sure what she wants to do.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Adult Nursing around 10 days ago, and today I was offered an interview for 1st Feb! I am so pleased considering I was just under the level 3 entry requirements. Has anyone else also been offered an interview/place for Sept 17? Also what can I expect from the interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loischappell95)
    Only just sent my application to UCAS. How long did you have to wait before you had invites for interviews?
    I waited (very impatiently) 10 days until I was offered an interview

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.