Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Who likes eating eggs here? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by demx9)
    Are you saying there are no eggs in sale where the male chickens haven't been killed ?

Also, are you a vegan ?
    Well, perhaps the odd guy in a village who sells them from his house and breeds them himself and then keeps the males, and so forth.

aka about 0.0001% of eggs

I'm not a vegan, no. I'm just a vegetarian with vegan aspirations I don't buy eggs or eat eggs on their own, but I do occasionally eat things with eggs in, such as cake.

ReputationRep:
    I am not going to watch it because I already know it's immoral to cage and abuse animals in order to satisfy my palate. I already think there are v. strong arguments against using animal products (and chickens are probably the most abused animals)

Eggs taste amazing and they're used almost everywhere (cakes, pies, burgers, etc). So, yeah, no I will still eat it :shock:

It's probably greed and/or laziness on my part. I regularly find myself agreeing with moral arguments in favour of giving more to charity and giving up some other pleasurable activities in order to increase the welfare of other beings. And yet, I almost always do not do anything about it.

Definitely need to become a better person.

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely hate eggs with a passion. They're so squidgy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    Had 3 fried eggs on toast today. So yup, I do like eating eggs.
    I'd be interested in a response to the content found in the OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skyf4ll)
    That's very sad.

Eggs make me physically sick anyway. I used to have them most Saturdays, and then I'd wonder why I was fatigued and vomiting all day Sunday. I stopped eating them entirely and consequently I'm no longer ill on Sundays.

I also don't like milk or cheese, and I hate butter. I'd like to become a vegan if I could do some research into it. I'm really bad for eating as I don't eat much, and when I do there's so little I like. It doesn't seem like a clever idea to cut down my options even more, even though I don't like supporting these industries.
    Good man. Thanks for taking the time to watch the video. If you need any tips or advice or want to know anything about veganism give me a shout! Always happy to help someone go vegan if they would like

ReputationRep:
    I love eating Chicken being a vegetarian is boring humans were meant to live on meat
    I feel sorry for those chicks though

ReputationRep:
    I've seen the video. I still like eggs, wll never stop eating eggs if I'm being honest. They're good for cakes and I personally find them tasty blah blahblah. I know that there are alternatives but I think that a lot of my sister's vegan substitue dairy stuff is crap. Unless alcohol alternatives. They are acceptable because vegetarian too :daydreaming:

Feel bad for them but feel far worse about other beings :yep:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    I'd be interested in a response to the content found in the OP.
    It's a rather cruel process to get food onto our plates.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I just ate an egg mayo sandwich and now came across this thread...

ReputationRep:
    So why would you make a post encouraging others to do it?

ReputationRep:
    Yay vegan love
    Have you tried a chickpea flour omelette?

ReputationRep:
    Fried eggs > everything else.

But I rarely eat eggs that aren't local and free range.

ReputationRep:
    But so is killing animals to get them onto our plate. And are you vegetarian?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    So why would you make a post encouraging others to do it?
    Because personally it does not affect me in the slightest whatsoever.

(Original post by brycicle)
    But so is killing animals to get them onto our plate. And are you vegetarian?
    I agree, but as above, I don't care in the slightest. And nope. I don't personally think I could ever be vegetarian (Though of course, nothing is impossible).

ReputationRep:
    Because personally it does not affect me in the slightest whatsoever.

I agree, but as above, I don't care in the slightest. And nope. I don't personally think I could ever be vegetarian (Though of course, nothing is impossible).
    Out of interest would you apply the same apathy if we were talking about slavery?

ReputationRep:
    Humans are *******s

ReputationRep:
    Ive seen loads of videos like this, but the fact of the matter is this, we've been programmed to eat animals and unfortunately we're top predator

ReputationRep:
    I love both eggs and dairy, sorry.

And bacon:coma:
    Also, that's a video from America. I can assure you that in the UK things are different; you have better enforced animal rights laws in this country.

Moreover, my grandfather is a farmer, and whenever I'm back in Romania he gives me a basket of fresh eggs that come from happy free range hens (that love ruining his orchard whenever they fly out of their barn
    He only slaughters them once they're fairly old, and a great number of hens end up having their own chicks that live happily in the best corner of the garden with fertile soil where they can graze and eat worms.

We're omnivores, and whereas I don't have any problem with most vegans, I abhorred my flatmate last year: she abstained from eating meat/ eggs/dairy for the same reason as you are, but she didn't mind whenever her cat killed a sparrow and brought it to her. She told me "that's nature's way" (which made her sound like a massive hypocrite, given that cats are carnivores and we're omnivores)

I'll also have you know that according to my grandfather, chicks' favourite food is boiled egg with maize and herbs/salad.

ReputationRep:
    I love eggs there are so much you can do with them! I'm a vegetarian and it comes after cheese.

ReputationRep:
    ChickenMadness

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.