Turn on thread page Beta

Is Game of Thrones any good? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperion)
    U just h8ting on Stannis.
    Not in that post I wasn't but I hate Stannis so much lol
    Spoiler:
    Show
    He's a false king and will fall when Dany comes-oh wait I forgot he already did fall to Brienne

I hated season 5 mainly because most of the stuff in the books weren't included- like so many good characters! Gone, non-existence, shattered into a million shards :/. I just thought it wasn't that interesting really except like the last episode and Cersei scene walk was a disgrace. Although I did like the scene with her and Margaery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScienceFantatic)
    Not in that post I wasn't but I hate Stannis so much lol
    Spoiler:
    Show
    He's a false king and will fall when Dany comes-oh wait I forgot he already did fall to Brienne
    Dany sucks Stannis Baratheon is the true heir!

ReputationRep:
    It gets boring. Don't waste your time.

ReputationRep:
    It's amazing. I've watched all the seasons through probably 3-4 times now and it never gets old. I am now also reading the books and they are even more amazing. I resisted it for so long but I'm so glad I caved in and watched it. It's definitely not overrated.

There's just soo much to it. Every storyline is interesting and so clever. I really admire GRRM.

And contrary to what most people are saying on here, I really enjoyed season 5. It was a bit slow to begin with, sure, but towards the end of the season it was superb. 'Hardhome' was fantastic!

ReputationRep:
    It's one of the best TV shows.

ReputationRep:
    Season 1 is good, Seasons 2-4 are awesome, Season 5 is in parts good, awesome and bad. 2-4 beat Breaking Bad for me; better characters, more variation, better dialogue, more interesting world (though that endorsement only holds any weight if you are part of the majority who think that show is great). There is not much that can be criticised of its first four seasons imo. Its greatest strength is in characters (and of course the brilliant acting required to realise them well); in a top-notch show, characters should feel like real people, driving the plot by their own volition, rather than the plot dictating the characters' actions. Maybe the distinction is a little nebulous, but I think it's what makes the show feel so "alive" and engaging in contrast to so many others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowKiwi)
    I'm thinking of watching it too. Would I need to read some background wiki info on things like each House etc or is it easy to get into without prior knowledge?
    You can get into it easily without all the background stuff

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of watching it too. Would I need to read some background wiki info on things like each House etc or is it easy to get into without prior knowledge?
    M8 , you'll love it trust me. It's my best series ever and probably one of the best ever made. Ahhh i love it soo much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    You can get into it easily without all the background stuff
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    M8 , you'll love it trust me. It's my best series ever and probably one of the best ever made. Ahhh i love it soo much.
    Fanx, hope it lives up to the hype. 5 seasons is a lot to catch up on :/

ReputationRep:
    Fanx, hope it lives up to the hype. 5 seasons is a lot to catch up on :/
    You wont be saying that by tomorrow , prepare yourself for the binge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    You wont be saying that by tomorrow , prepare yourself for the binge.
    lmao I won't start it tomorrow but soon m8, sounds promising :lol:

ReputationRep:
    The performances in it by some of the leading cast of amazing. Charles Dance, our Sheffield's Sean Bean, and Peter Dinkage carry it for me.
    There are many other great relatively modern shows to watch though which can recommend: The Wire, The Shield, Breaking Bad, Black Mirror, House MD.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    yes, i was one of those who dont really like to get excited about things that's popular because it's way too hype for me to handle, but i gave it a chance in the summer and went through 5 seasons (50 hours altogether) in 1 week...though i did skip some part, some were political talk and quite uninteresting, other scenes were of characters i have no interest in. but overall it's good, i mainly watched it for daenerys and her dragons but theres not enough scenes of her :/

ReputationRep:
    Without a doubt one of the best TV series ever made. Surpassed only by Peep Show.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.