x Turn on thread page Beta

Do men ever get jealous that women can get laid so easily? watch

• Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    Lies xD.
    i am not lying

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm currently in a relationship but if I was single I know that I could have sex with different guys as often as I want to. I personally never wanted to and don't see much accomplishment in this as I find casual sex to be empty for me personally. But I see a lot of slut-shaming on here and I wondered if some of these guys are just sexually frustrated and taking it out on women that actually can get laid. The thing is if these guys got even a fraction of the opportunities man women get they would gulp it right up and be over the moon.

What do you think?
    Male here. On the one hand, yes, obviously. But the disadvantages far outweigh the pros. Such as the guy coming far sooner than you're done, him not giving a **** about you, you losing friends and social respect, std' / pregnancies risk etc.

As a guy, casual sex is far better, because you needn't bother make her come.

(Original post by richpanda)
    Yes it is very easy for women to get sex compared to men. A woman can literally go on her phone, and have a decent guy turn up on her doorstep in 5 minutes.

For a guy, you're doing well if you're having sex with a different woman once every fortnight. It's insanely different.
    Bingo. Just look at any dating site/app. Go to any bar or nightclub. There are many fold more guys wanting sex with a woman. For instance if your average plain jane was to go out and ask 10 men for sex at a night club her result would be very different to average joe asking 10 women for sex.

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently in a relationship but if I was single I know that I could have sex with different guys as often as I want to. I personally never wanted to and don't see much accomplishment in this as I find casual sex to be empty for me personally. But I see a lot of slut-shaming on here and I wondered if some of these guys are just sexually frustrated and taking it out on women that actually can get laid. The thing is if these guys got even a fraction of the opportunities man women get they would gulp it right up and be over the moon.

What do you think?
    Women find it harder and harder to get anyone but a sleazeball as they get older. You guys become invisible as the men (of all ages) go for the next generation of young hotties.

Whereas men become more attractive with age.

I am displeased by the rise of red pill idiots on TSR. This site has declined in quality in the past few years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cole-slaw)
    Oh for gods' sake, not this again.

Heterosexual men sleep with heterosexual women at the exact same rate and in exactly the same numbers as heterosexual women sleep with heterosexual men.

Its exactly "as easy" for either sex as it is for the other.
    Not really. One woman could be having sex with different men.

Say we have 100 people. 10 women and 90 men. 1 woman could be having sex with say 20 different men. That woman has sex more times than each of those individual 20 men.

(Original post by chocolate hottie)
    Women find it harder and harder to get anyone but a sleazeball as they get older. You guys become invisible as the men (of all ages) go for the next generation of young hotties.

Whereas men become more attractive with age.
    Men do not become more attractive with age. Women are not attracted to a balding head or a beer gut. Their assets become more attractive and is only for a minority who are actually successful.

I am displeased by the rise of red pill idiots on TSR. This site has declined in quality in the past few years.
    Yes the red pill rage has certainly arrived to TSR. They are only hurting themselves and will end up consumed by their own bitterness.

ReputationRep:
    Only if they don't understand dating principles.

Taking the passive role in dating like women will only let you choose those who approach you which might not be up to the best standard. As men we can choose to approach any of our liking.

ReputationRep:
    Men do not become more attractive with age. Women are not attracted to a balding head or a beer gut. Their assets become more attractive and is only for a minority who are actually successful.
    George Clooney?

Not all men get more attractive, but most become much more solvent which women DO find very sexy. As the saying goes, money may not buy love but it get you something so close you can't tell the difference...

Every woman becomes more and more unattractive as they get older. And it accelerates until one day you will find you are totally invisible to men.

I am not saying it is fair, but it is how it is.

ReputationRep:

What do you think?
    Supply and demand drives cost (not financial in this case but rather effort).

When it comes to sex then the average woman can buy sex (effort not financial) for a lot less than the average man because the average man is much more open to sleeping around.

When it comes to relationships the balance is much more equal.

Or in simpler terms, women their foot in the door more easily than men.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolate hottie)
    George Clooney?

Not all men get more attractive, but most become much more solvent which women DO find very sexy. As the saying goes, money may not buy love but it get you something so close you can't tell the difference...

Every woman becomes more and more unattractive as they get older. And it accelerates until one day you will find you are totally invisible to men.

I am not saying it is fair, but it is how it is.
    And how many men look like George Clooney? They are going to be severely disappointed when they are older if they think women will suddenly be throwing themselves at them.
    Some women age well, my mum looked better in her thirties than twenties, she's aged better than my dad. But keep telling yourself that rubbish if it makes you feel better

ReputationRep:
    A straight friend of mine said he was slightly jealous how easy it is for gay guys to find hook ups. But to be honest I do not think the old assumptions about men chasing and women accepting or not accepting the suit (for want of a better term) really holds these days.

There are plenty of straight manwhores, a mate of mine sleeps with a new woman a week through Tinder. Women are far more open to no-strings attached sex than they used to be

ReputationRep:
    The rate may be the same but what about the pool of selection?
    Population of young men and young women is basically identical...

ReputationRep:
    Comparing like for like, how about a reasonably popular girl? So the average male can get laid as much as the average female?
    yes, by definition. Perhaps your understanding of what is "average" is distorted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Not really. One woman could be having sex with different men.

Say we have 100 people. 10 women and 90 men. 1 woman could be having sex with say 20 different men. That woman has sex more times than each of those individual 20 men.
    Someone always say this, but its stupid.

If 1,000,000 people went out last Friday night, and a quarter of them got laid, that is 250,000 people. Roughly 125,000 men and 125,000 women. (We're only considering heterosexuals).

Do you really, honestly think that there is one person of either sex that is having so much sex that it is significantly distorting the equality? You really think one guy is nailing 200 different girls in one 12 hour period?

I don't think so. The basic fact remains, that it is exactly as difficult for either sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keturah)
    And how many men look like George Clooney? They are going to be severely disappointed when they are older if they think women will suddenly be throwing themselves at them.
    Some women age well, my mum looked better in her thirties than twenties, she's aged better than my dad. But keep telling yourself that rubbish if it makes you feel better
    Not many. However it is not about looks for older men, it is all, money, status and power. Don't blame me if some (not all) of your gender are shallow!

Your mum (bless her!) is not as remotely as attractive to men now as she was in her twenties. No woman is. Men are attracted to young women, it is biology.

More fertile and fecund, better for bearing babies.

ReputationRep:
    I think the problem people have is they think they're comparing an "average girl" with an "average guy", but they're actually thinking of an attractive girl and a very unattractive guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    mhm..
    yes, i even know (sort of) what an o***** is thanks to TSR...
    What is an o*****?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cole-slaw)
    Oh for gods' sake, not this again.

Heterosexual men sleep with heterosexual women at the exact same rate and in exactly the same numbers as heterosexual women sleep with heterosexual men.

Its exactly "as easy" for either sex as it is for the other.
    mind=blown

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 23, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.