Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    YouTube and past papers

YouTube is probably the most underestimated educational website there is - the amount of stuff you can get from it is TRULY amazing. And it's all free - FREE TUTORING! I went from a 5A to 7A in one term in Y9 because of YouTube!

Past papers are the best way to get an A* after you know what to do - it will make you incredibly confident with the exam you've got ahead and you know pretty much what to expect!

I did so many past papers and used YouTube so much that I got 196/200 with NO REVISION DURING THE EXAM SEASON! That's what makes the two above methods so good as well, it means you can afford to take time out from revising maths and you can either rest more or allocate more time to other subjects!

I did OCR!

Thanks so much for your help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TyanaChu)
    I plan on doing history, english lit and french as I would like to go into law however in the future I want to apply to oxbridge so I want a good GCSE math result since I won't be doing it again.

I started this week doing 1 hour maths a day but I don't know how to structure my revision or what order to go in to work quickly. Most of these websites show so many topics and I just don't have the time to do them all what do you suggest I do??
    Okay i guessing your in Yr 11. You should try do 1 and a half to 2 hours of revision everyday after school or more if needed but dont overload yourself and on weekends aim for 4 hourrs per day. 1 hours a day is good but you shold start from the beginning easy topics that you may of learnt last year, this website http://www.longdendale.tameside.sch....listhigher.pdf - is useful and has all the topics you'll need , it looks daunting but many of these topics are easy and could possibly be done in one day. If you feel confident to bypass some of these topics you should start with the topics that are more challenging and you may not understand as there are often 3-6 marks per harder question at the end so work on these and do activities on them but try be efficient and work smart so dont waste time on topics you know 100% you understand however if yoi do try some past papers and find that you were struggling with questions on the topics you thought you understood, you should review it and revise it. The only reason i did well was because althought i was streesed and nervous in exams i had revised enough for my nervousness not to be able to cause me to blank out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrmahadsaid)
    Okay i guessing your in Yr 11. You should try do 1 and a half to 2 hours of revision everyday after school or more if needed but dont overload yourself and on weekends aim for 4 hourrs per day. 1 hours a day is good but you shold start from the beginning easy topics that you may of learnt last year, this website http://www.longdendale.tameside.sch....listhigher.pdf - is useful and has all the topics you'll need , it looks daunting but many of these topics are easy and could possibly be done in one day. If you feel confident to bypass some of these topics you should start with the topics that are more challenging and you may not understand as there are often 3-6 marks per harder question at the end so work on these and do activities on them but try be efficient and work smart so dont waste time on topics you know 100% you understand however if yoi do try some past papers and find that you were struggling with questions on the topics you thought you understood, you should review it and revise it. The only reason i did well was because althought i was streesed and nervous in exams i had revised enough for my nervousness not to be able to cause me to blank out.
    Thank you vety much. What did you get in your maths gcse?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TyanaChu)
    Thank you vety much. What did you get in your maths gcse?
    A*

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 23, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.