Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Does smoking always make you look worse? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SwedishRedhead)
    I would never smoke but I have friends who do in their mid 20s, 30s, even my friends' mothers in their 40 - 50s who smoke regularly and a lot of them don't look any older than they should.

Does it always make people look worse or is it dependent on other things?
    Not if you don't open them up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    Not if you don't open them up.
    If I see a guy with a pack even that is a turn off tbh :lol:

ReputationRep:
    W
    I have a friend who's 25 and smokes though. Maybe it is her diet (she's vegan) but she looks ok without makeup, maybe a few dark circles.
    It's not going to show at 25,, but by about 40 you look a lot more wrinkly and yellow, and your teeth will get very brown. I'm from a family of smokers and you can tell that they are smokers, my mum especially is very wrinkly for her age (59) and shes having to get her teeth whitened because they are so yellow.

It depends on the frequency and how long you smoke for though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
    Everyone I know who is a smoker got wrinkles earlier. Might have been a coincidence. It's not a great idea either way, even if you look fine your lungs are screwed.
    Yeah the stuff my mum coughs up is definitely the opposite of attractive..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    W

It's not going to show at 25,, but by about 40 you look a lot more wrinkly and yellow, and your teeth will get very brown. I'm from a family of smokers and you can tell that they are smokers, my mum especially is very wrinkly for her age (59) and shes having to get her teeth whitened because they are so yellow.

It depends on the frequency and how long you smoke for though.
    How often do your family smoke?

Sorry to hear your mum is having health problems btw

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think smoking affected my appearance but when I gave up my skin seemed a lot better. People told me my skin looked nicer and asked what I'd done. I'm 21.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenx301)
    I didn't think smoking affected my appearance but when I gave up my skin seemed a lot better. People told me my skin looked nicer and asked what I'd done. I'm 21.
    Glad to hear it improved how did it improve?

ReputationRep:
    The hottest guy from my school smokes now he spends like £100 (swedish equivalent) on lighters :eek: I don't find him hot any more :lol:

I think guys often like smoking because it looks like something else tho

What age? :eek:

You mean the action of doing it is a turnoff?
    name is swedish plotwist op is hot boy phantasy

aw fuk bye?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mihael_Keehl)
    name is swedish plotwist op is hot boy phantasy

aw fuk bye?

ReputationRep:
    Thank the Lord for penis-looking biceps!

ReputationRep:
    yes. smokers all get wrinkled like prunes and smell like Satan's Jockstrap. they pay £1000s for this...

ReputationRep:
    What is x? :teehee:
    I'd say 10+ years

ReputationRep:
    Good point! Lots of men seem to find it a turn on though, even non smokers
    It's a turn off for the majority of people.

ReputationRep:
    I smoke, my boyfriend doesn't.

I don't smoke inside, he appreciates that but hates smoking anyway. He doesn't like the smell, or the cost or the health risks. If I've had a cigarette he won't come near me until the smell has gone. I have cut down for him, from around twenty a day to about 5 (more on stressy days) but I have told him that I will quit completely when I am ready, not when he wants me to.

Also not many people can pull off the 'sexy smoker' look, in fact I've only seen one sexy smoker so far as I can remember. I personally find it a massive turn off (I know this is a massive contradiction). I've never dated a smoker.

ReputationRep:
    How often do your family smoke?

Sorry to hear your mum is having health problems btw
    Varied my mum used to smoke 40 a day but now she's down to 1. My dad used to smoke a lot but gave up when I was born, my greant ait just turned 90 and constantly has a cigarette in her hand. A lot of the others have died due to cancer now though.

Ah I wouldn't worry about it it's her choice to be ill at the end of the day. If she wants to cough her guts up constantly that's up to her!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    Varied my mum used to smoke 40 a day but now she's down to 1. My dad used to smoke a lot but gave up when I was born, my greant ait just turned 90 and constantly has a cigarette in her hand. A lot of the others have died due to cancer now though.

Ah I wouldn't worry about it it's her choice to be ill at the end of the day. If she wants to cough her guts up constantly that's up to her!
    Oh

fingers crossed she will quit for you x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    It's a turn off for the majority of people.
    sauce? (Maybe it's different in sweden)

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.