Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

East Asian music watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maggie_O)
    Eh not that good but I love the female band thing. It's a little too amateury pop punk for me.
    I just stick to Ling tosite sigure and girugamesh nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    You're so welcome, I've had it on repeat almost the whole time since I posted it Dancing in the rain vibes, it's just great. Soundtrack of my life kinda song.
    I love that kind of vibe. I usually go out for long walks and have instrumentals blaring thru my earphones. I'll be listening to this tomorrow fanx to u. Currently listening to Shinee - Replay instrumental, anotha chill instrumental :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    I just stick to Ling tosite sigure and girugamesh nowadays.
    I love Merging Moon:

Thanks for telling me some band names as well

ReputationRep:
    I probably know several of these guys by face, but I <3 Andy Lau! And Nicholas Tse :sexface:
    Omg Nicholas Tse is amazing (along with Donnie Yen)

ReputationRep:
    What is this thread

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowKiwi)
    I love that kind of vibe. I usually go out for long walks and have instrumentals blaring thru my earphones. I'll be listening to this tomorrow fanx to u. Currently listening to Shinee - Replay instrumental, anotha chill instrumental :-)

Those dudes are sexy :O Never heard the original though, gonna listen to that next.

ALL I do now is download Oriental language subtitled films and listen to their music xD Always like their stuff (food, culture, men, music, films, clothes) but I started this cultural binge like...last month so yea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proxenus)
    What is this thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're Asian post something!!! Come on, anything East Asian language. I am on a binge high for East Asian anything but stick to the thread please thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I probably know several of these guys by face, but I <3 Andy Lau! And Nicholas Tse :sexface:
    Haha, Nicholas Tse is quite a popular one. Do you watch many HK Films?

ReputationRep:
    Anita Mui, another legend who sadly passed away in 2003 due to cancer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcEmAn911)
    Haha, Nicholas Tse is quite a popular one. Do you watch many HK Films?
    Is HK a particular production company, or is it just Hong Kong films?
    But as I said to Rainbowkiwi just now, always loved East Asian culture! But recently have gone on a binge for particularly Korean and Chinese films/music/food..men etc, yes.

I like the older films though like Gong Li's films, such as Raise the Red Lantern, Concubine, Ju Dou...and Blinding Mountain; the quiet indie romance films like Driveless...stuff like that.

And Korean comedies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    Has this turned into the East Asian death thread?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you know any living Koreans, Chinese, etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    Omg Nicholas Tse is amazing (along with Donnie Yen)
    Donnie Yen is a legend! I remember when he beat up 10 black belts in Ip Man! Haha. Sap gor!!! Nor yil dah sap gor!!!

ReputationRep:
    You guys can recommend films too not just music then

And foods

And just various mannerisms like what's polite or common terms in East Asian languages you know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    *Points to family*

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :erm: you're Oriental?

ReputationRep:
    Is HK a particular production company, or is it just Hong Kong films?
    But as I said to Rainbowkiwi just now, always loved East Asian culture! But recently have gone on a binge for particularly Korean and Chinese films/music/food..men etc, yes.

I like the older films though like Gong Li's films, such as Raise the Red Lantern, Concubine, Ju Dou...and Blinding Mountain; the quiet indie romance films like Driveless...stuff like that.

And Korean comedies.
    Just Hong Kong films

If you like food you should have some dim sum Best food ever!!

Ah, thought you might be into action films like Storm Warriors with Nicholas Tse.

ReputationRep:
    Liu Ye is ****ing hot:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Just Hong Kong films

If you like food you should have some dim sum Best food ever!!

Ah, thought you might be into action films like Storm Warriors with Nicholas Tse.
    I said to donutaud15 that I love dim sum xD and want to try to Pinoy food!

And I love the Promise with Nicholas Tse!!

I'll look for Storm Warriors.
    I'm into historical epic dramas, modern action like cops or triad, and modern but good romance/dramas btw so if you know please do post. I just google and download but Google only provides the crappy popular ones. I kinda want something only Asians would know but subtitled! :O

ReputationRep:
    You guys can recommend films too not just music then

And foods

And just various mannerisms like what's polite or common terms in East Asian languages you know.
    My favourite films are definitely anything with Donnie Yen in - IP Man, IP Man 2 and the upcoming IP Man 3. Election (Hak Seh Wui) and Election 2 which involves the triad and the politics which surrounds it.

ReputationRep:
    Mkay :erm:

well whatever you know please post. Dead or alive. I'll consider it for my collection.

ReputationRep:
    My favourite films are definitely anything with Donnie Yen in - IP Man, IP Man 2 and the upcoming IP Man 3. Election (Hak Seh Wui) and Election 2 which involves the triad and the politics which surrounds it.
    Triad yes, I just said I'd be into action films like that, just now downloaded erm "Stool Pigeon."

Do you like The Raid series? It's Indonesian.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.