Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Someone told me I look "like a child" watch

ReputationRep:
    Take it as a blessing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynmous)
    Take it as a blessing.

Does anyone understand what the issue is here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maggie_O)

Does anyone understand what the issue is here?
    Why on earth you want to change your appearance based on the words of 2/3 people?

Honestly i'm sure you're as fine as you are rn.

ReputationRep:
    Why on earth you want to change your appearance based on the words of 2/3 people?

Honestly i'm sure you're as fine as you are rn.
    It's not their words. It's what I've been saying the whole thread seriously -.-
    People day to day I feel don't respect me. In a number of ways.
    So maybe it's because I look young and immature and therefore undeserving of respect to them. I always think this, and so this woman's comment was sort of...enigmatic

ReputationRep:
    So maybe it's because I look young and immature and therefore undeserving of respect to them. I always think this, and so this woman's comment was sort of...enigmatic
    Thats fair enough.

Yeah, you should experiment some more and see if anything changes.

That being said, your dress sense (on the first page) looks fine.

ReputationRep:
    Thats fair enough.

Yeah, you should experiment some more and see if anything changes.

That being said, your dress sense (on the first page) looks fine.
    Thank you for understanding, first for the day :adore: seriously.
    And thanks as well, yea I don't think it's my clothes.
    I found out it might be my naked face like no makeup
    and my hairstyle, which an updo and it makes people look younger. Never knew >.<

but I'm not good with hairstyles because I have so much of it that I just pull it up and roll it in a bun but anyway

ReputationRep:
    Examples of disrespect? You sure youre not over analysing or projecting? Maybe those people disrespect everyone. Need more info yo.

Also if u pm me a pic ill tell you why you look young. Im a game artist. Im good at this

ReputationRep:
    Thank youfor understanding, first for the day :adore: seriously.
    And thanks as well, yea I don't think it's my clothes.
    I found out it might be my naked face like no makeup
    and my hairstyle, which an updo and it makes people look younger. Never knew >.<

but I'm not good with hairstyles because I have so much of it that I just pull it up and roll it in a bun but anyway
    Ahaa good stuff Hope everything goes well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    Examples of disrespect? You sure youre not over analysing or projecting? Maybe those people disrespect everyone. Need more info yo.

Also if u pm me a pic ill tell you why you look young. Im a game artist. Im good at this
    Bro that was a 2/10 attempt to draw TSR chicks

im sorry :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    ^ :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bro that was a 2/10 attempt to draw TSR chicks

im sorry :rofl:
    Draw? What cus i said im an artist? Lol

ReputationRep:
    Draw? What cus i said im an artist? Lol
    I lol'd +1

ReputationRep:

Ok well my professors ignore me or talk over me, unless I dog them in person. So I have to be a **** to get respect? ****ing annoying fact

Sometimes people laugh when I get angry, or I startle them to silence . Idk wtf that's about but it makes me wanna flip a table over.

Erm not much disrespect from my peers but too much attention from teenage boys and too much sass from teenage girls, as if they think I'm their age and you know how kids/teens treat each other. My college shares campus with a secondary school so I pass by lots of teens everyday especially in the halls and outside when they're leaving. They don't get out of my way; I have to get aggressive or go :mad: but then they mouth off. I just feel certain people not even teens would **** with and I'm not one of them

Idk I just wanna be taken ****ing seriously without looking like a madman.

Not sure about the pics but ta for stoppin' on by!

ReputationRep:
    No thoughts?
    K. Thanks for the help *salutes*

ReputationRep:
    And now I just lost a follow from Anonynmous. Life is going well indeed lol

ReputationRep:
    Ok well my professors ignore me or talk over me, unless I dog them in person. So I have to be a **** to get respect? ****ing annoying fact

Sometimes people laugh when I get angry, or I startle them to silence . Idk wtf that's about but it makes me wanna flip a table over.

Erm not much disrespect from my peers but too much attention from teenage boys and too much sass from teenage girls, as if they think I'm their age and you know how kids/teens treat each other. My college shares campus with a secondary school so I pass by lots of teens everyday especially in the halls and outside when they're leaving. They don't get out of my way; I have to get aggressive or go :mad: but then they mouth off. I just feel certain people not even teens would **** with and I'm not one of them

Idk I just wanna be taken ****ing seriously without looking like a madman.

Not sure about the pics but ta for stoppin' on by!
    Tbh i think teenagers are just rude to everyone generally. The only ones theyre not gonna be rude to are big guys for obv reasons.

You sure your professors do that to you only? If youre doing a snobby subject like law or whatever then how you look and act is probably going to impact how youre treated tbf. Since snobs are judgy and theres higher concentrations of them in certain fields lol.

Lel np. Ive helped someone with this exact problem before tho ngl.

ReputationRep:
    No thoughts?
    K. Thanks for the help *salutes*
    I was going to write something, I promise. :puppyeyes: I wouldn't have posted on here otherwise. I'm not a v fast texter that's all and I wanted to say something which would be of benefit to you which means I have to think and I'm not v good at thinking at 4am so that's why you haven't got a response yet, sorry give me 10 minutes and I'll try to give you some advice on what I think you should do/my thoughts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lel.

ReputationRep:
    It's my tactic to lure in the girlies

Chicken Madness, take notes

ReputationRep:
    Tbh i think teenagers are just rude to everyone generally. The only ones theyre not gonna be rude to are big guys for obv reasons.

You sure your professors do that to you only? If youre doing a snobby subject like law or whatever then how you look and act is probably going to impact how youre treated tbf. Since snobs are judgy and theres higher concentrations of them in certain fields lol.

Lel np. Ive helped someone with this exact problem before tho ngl.
    Omg yes I am!! I am doing Criminal Law and Public Bureaucracy xD

The ******* really grating on me is my professor for both those courses, same guy. Hate him, he's so rude to me. He speaks to everyone in class and ignores me so I think he feels I'm out place but I wish he wouldn't be passive aggressive. I feel like just asking him "what's the issue?" He told me to meet him after class once and I hate him too much to.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.