Turn on thread page Beta

Man commits suicide after finding out next Star Wars hero is black. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I laughed when I saw the title.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bealzibub)
    Why do black people insist on hijacking pre-existing characters and make them black for racial diversity bs. Go make your own original black character
    You're an idiot! black actors cant self appoint themselves to a role - theres no power in the land that can let them do that... he auditioned and got the part.

ReputationRep:
    Why do black people insist on hijacking pre-existing characters and make them black for racial diversity bs. Go make your own original black character
    The character wasn't pre existing though. Stop making excuses.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    African Government? Really?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rat poison)
    ???
    There isn't one singular African Government.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    FFS. Billy D Williams was black, Darth Vader was voiced by a black guy(James Earl Jones). The prequel trilogy had a few black actors. The cartoons had black voice actors. WTF is wrong with these people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    There isn't one singular African Government.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :rolleyes: You know exactly what I mean: politics in the African Union=Eritrea. Sit yourself down with the semantics.

He knows what he said was racist and I imagine he repped you because his foot is in his mouth. Politics is corrupt everywhere. So why did he single out Eritrea? And then in a thread about racism it's highly inappropriate/stupid.

ReputationRep:
    spice up your life with diversity just like their food white people are plain and boring GOD society lies these people arent even good looking

ReputationRep:
    How is it Black people? Black people are not directing the movies you don't know what you are talking about.

L O L

ReputationRep:
    If he was so passionate he would have killed himself already because of Jar Jar Binks.

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: You perverse whites know exactly what I mean: politics in the African Union=Eritrea. Sit yourself down with the semantics.

He knows what he said was racist and I imagine he repped you because his foot is in his mouth. Politics is corrupt everywhere. So why did he single out Eritrea? And then in a thread about racism it's highly inappropriate/stupid.
    It isn't semantics, it is basic grammar.

Also he hasn't repped me and I would guess he singled out Eritrea because it has been in the news recently.

Ironically what you have said is racist.

ReputationRep:
    Thought this thread was good and closed.

ReputationRep:
    I lol'd.

ReputationRep:
    I 'singled out' Eritrea as an archetypal example of a country where corruption prevails because it is one of the most corrupt countries on Earth (the 10th most corrupt, according to Transparency International).

I could easily have picked out Somalia or Sudan or North Korea instead, it just so happens that I went for Eritrea instead. Try not to let it get it to you too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themorninglight)
    I lol'd.
    At him dying? lol

ReputationRep:
    That seems like an awfully trivial thing to get worked up about.

I mean, it might be harder to relate to a Black man, but you can always just watch something else.

It honestly doesn't sound realistic. This kind of thing wouldn't get someone worked up enough to kill themselves or anyone else. It might get people complaining about political correctness, making fun of Star Wars becoming a show for Black people by writing a tasteless joke version of all the characters with rapper names, sagging pants, and gaudy jewellery. But killing? Not really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longshot700)
    1. So a guy in North Carolina found out this morning that the man playing the lead role in the next Star Wars film is Black.

His wife came home this morning and found him in his armchair, she was unable to resuscitate him, there was an empty Jar of pills next to him and a note saying

"Make America white again"

If he feels so strongly against people of different skin colours that he killed himself, then maybe it was a good idea.

Imagine the uproar if it was a middle eastern person. 0.0
    Edit: this has been reviewed for a day or 2 now and only been posted now -_- This happened yesterday morning.
    What a sad ****

John Boyega went to my college and thats how my college is now famous in the UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illiberal Liberal)
    FALSE

http://www.thatsfake.com/did-a-man-c...r-being-black/

OP you have the integrity of an Eritrean politician.
    I tried to post the link of the news report that claimed it but it didn't allow me. Thank you for this link, it will be helpful.

Turns out the link I was trying to post was not a valid website but then again how was I supposed to know?

But next time don't be a douchebag.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.