Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Questions on maintenance loan and grant watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If your household income is under 25,000 and your choosing to live away from home you should be getting the maximum loan which is 8,200 (10,702 if your in London) ☺

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George12X)
    If your household income is under 25,000 and your choosing to live away from home you should be getting the maximum loan which is 8,200 (10,702 if your in London) ☺
    hmm ok, for some reason I my letter from student finance has only my maintenance loan and my tuition, nothing else apart from that.

Also I need to cancel it because I applied too early, as im going Uni next year Sept, not sure if that makes a difference or not!

ReputationRep:
    This is the funding for next year you can't do it this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ferdaws)
    hmm ok, for some reason I my letter from student finance has only my maintenance loan and my tuition, nothing else apart from that.

Also I need to cancel it because I applied too early, as im going Uni next year Sept, not sure if that makes a difference or not!
    You will only get the minimum unless you go through the process to have your parents' income assessed. As you have accidentally applied too early, the figures SF have quoted you are for this academic year (Sep 2015 starters), without the additional sum which a low income household would give you.

The figures quoted by George12X are for students starting in the next academic year (Sep 2016) and will be what you get if you are from the lowest band of household income. When you apply next year, your parents will need to provide evidence of their income, in order to "top up" the minimum Maintenance Loan to the maximum sum quoted by George.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.