The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GoBack2
Swedes where? looks like a another country

This is the problem

When are we going to realise that this is RACISM towards EUROPEAN PEOPLE?

Racism is used entirely against White people to stop them opposing genocide

Hang the traitor politicians who support the ethnically cleansing and racial cleansing of all European people

The greedy bankers and businessman also push immigration they shouldn't have any say in the matter

This is you never get any real change on immigration even under the Torys

Erm, racism against white people is still racism. Not another paranoid Nazi.
Reply 21
If this was america at least 20 would have been killed with a gun.
Original post by ChickenMadness
Islam, religion of peace

Actually, there's nothing that's said he was islamic. In fact, the news back home (I'm swedish) have just said that he's swedish. A little less ignorance before commenting nonsense.
Original post by JasmineIsaksson
Actually, there's nothing that's said he was islamic. In fact, the news back home (I'm swedish) have just said that he's swedish. A little less ignorance before commenting nonsense.

Sorry. Islam, not the religion of peace.

He may be Swedish, as you say. After all most people in Sweden are Swedish so it is odds on he was, statistically.

But be honest, would you have been SURPRISED if he had turned out to be a Muslim immigrant?
Original post by chocolate hottie
He may be Swedish, as you say. After all most people in Sweden are Swedish so it is odds on he was, statistically.

But be honest, would you have been SURPRISED if he had turned out to be a Muslim immigrant?

Have all the attacks in the US recently been by muslim people? No theyve been domestic terrorist attacks by americans.

In the case of Sweden most attacks are usually by Swedes. It's highly unlikely they'd have been muslims.

Yeah I would be, I could never think an immigrant could do that.
Hope that answers your question :smile:

[Why do you have the urge to mention Muslim?]

Posted from TSR Mobile
The race and religion of the person who committed this horrific crime is irrelevant. Two people have lost their lives in an upsetting and sickening way, and people are using this spread hateful ideas and thoughts about certain races and religions.

In the case of Sweden most attacks are usually by Swedes. It's highly unlikely they'd have been muslims.

You would expect most attacks in an absolute sense, to be by Swedes since they form the vast majority of the population.

The issue is the relative proportion. I found this study after a five second search on the web...

"Immigrants in Sweden are four times more likely to be investigated for lethal violence and robbery than persons born in Sweden to Swedish parents, the National Council for Crime Prevention said on Wednesday.In a report studying 4.4 million Swedes between the ages of 15 and 51 during the period 1997-2001, the council found that immigrants were overrepresented in Sweden's crime statistics.Immigrants were also three times more likely to be investigated for assault and five times more likely to be investigated for sex crimes.
The report is based on statistics for those "suspected" of offences for reasons of comparison, but Stina Holmberg of the Council for Crime Prevention said that there was "little difference" in the statistics for those suspected of crimes and those actually convicted. "

Your thoughts?
Probably an angry er...samurai
Original post by Greenlaner
An irate samurai?

Oh ffs really?

My joke :/

Sad but true
Original post by AnonymousForLife
Yeah I would be, I could never think an immigrant could do that.
Hope that answers your question :smile:

[Why do you have the urge to mention Muslim?]

Posted from TSR Mobile

Racism, Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Fascism? Take your pick or all of them?

:smile:

Or could it be, maybe, because Islamic State have ordered all Muslims to attack the infidels in their native lands and some nutters are doing it??
You would expect most attacks in an absolute sense, to be by Swedes since they form the vast majority of the population.

The issue is the relative proportion. I found this study after a five second search on the web...

"Immigrants in Sweden are four times more likely to be investigated for lethal violence and robbery than persons born in Sweden to Swedish parents, the National Council for Crime Prevention said on Wednesday.In a report studying 4.4 million Swedes between the ages of 15 and 51 during the period 1997-2001, the council found that immigrants were overrepresented in Sweden's crime statistics.Immigrants were also three times more likely to be investigated for assault and five times more likely to be investigated for sex crimes.
The report is based on statistics for those "suspected" of offences for reasons of comparison, but Stina Holmberg of the Council for Crime Prevention said that there was "little difference" in the statistics for those suspected of crimes and those actually convicted. "

Your thoughts?

I think that's absolute bull****. Race and religion is irrelevant and I worry about ANYONE who think it matters. Horrible and unstable people of ALL ethnicities and religions commit crimes.

Human beings remain human beings regardless of where they're from.
I think that's absolute bull****. Race and religion is irrelevant and I worry about ANYONE who think it matters. Horrible and unstable people of ALL ethnicities and religions commit crimes.

Human beings remain human beings regardless of where they're from.

Hmm. When I see that naivety, and compare this state of denial to what I read about crime in places like Gothenburg and Malmo I am filled with pessimism for your country, I am afraid.
Hmm. When I see that naivety, and compare this state of denial to what I read about crime in places like Gothenburg and Malmo I am filled with pessimism for your country, I am afraid.

You don't know jack about me or my experience. Besides did you grow up in Sweden or live there? If no and if you're only believing what you read then I've gotta say you're the one who's naive.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 36
Original post by Skip_Snip
What else is he gonna be?

Scandinavia has it's fair share of white-Nationalist extremists (i.e Brevik)

Who knows, the school might have had a "Liberal Youth" club that needed destroying.

Most likely the attack is the work of something who isn't well mentally.
crazy
Reply 38
Original post by the bear
According to the Guardian:

The attack took place in Kronogården, a disadvantaged area where more than half the population were born abroad. Trolhättan has been named by researchers the most highly segregated city in Sweden, with immigrants concentrated in Kronogården.

Kronogården was among 38 neighbourhoods named as Sweden’s most vulnerable in a report on “forgotten suburbs” this month.

“These suburbs are big trouble and you cannot say that Sweden is an integrated country. We have used these suburbs as a repository for those that do not fit into normal society,” said the report’s author, Jan Edling.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/22/pupils-wounded-in-sword-attack-at-swedish-school

So in all probability, at this stage it's more like the work of a white-nationalist extremist.
Horrible incident.

Picture of the attacker has been released:

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/657173969833992192

Latest

Trending

Trending