Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harrand)
    Just got a conditional from them (ABB). Applying for Comp Sci.
    I've applied for Comp Sci at Reading too. Sent my application off yesterday

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sent off my UCAS on the 14th October and got an offer on the 21st for Psychology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cinderellaa)
    AAA to include maths or AAB if firm choice
    Did you apply for the MMath? I'm hoping to not get any offer for A*AB for any of my choices

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cinderellaa)
    I didn't, no but I did email them as the course was AAA/AAB asking if they would accept A*AB prediction instead and they said they would as there was a range and they don't give out an offer for A* or something like that
    So is Reading your firm? I like all the univerisities I'm applying, so its really hard to decide :cry2 :

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm thinking of applying for Classical Studies and English Literature at Reading, and they're asking for ABB/BBB. Do you guys know if they take predicted grades into account, as I'm applying with BCD, but I'm going to be predicted either ABB or ABC (I'm retaking modules etc as I basically lost motivation last year and should have achieved much higher grades).

ReputationRep:
    Applied for nutrition and food science 5 days ago and offered an interview already

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Applied for English language and lit on the 20th got my offer on the 22nd

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I applied for MSci Psychology for undergraduates, they made me an unconditional offer for Bsc. I suppose they were right to do so as I might change my mind after the three years and want to do something else, somewhere else.

I also applied to Southampton, Exeter, York and Nottingham. Reading is in such a good location... I never really thought it was a good university though, so I'm still a bit 'iffy.'

So far I've had unconditional offers from Southampton and York, hopefully the other too will follow shortly. But it just makes me feel like I should go to a better one since I have the chance. It's ridiculously difficult so I'll probably take as much time as I can before making a decision.

Good luck to y'all, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adriannannna)
    I applied for MSci Psychology for undergraduates, they made me an unconditional offer for Bsc. I suppose they were right to do so as I might change my mind after the three years and want to do something else, somewhere else.

I also applied to Southampton, Exeter, York and Nottingham. Reading is in such a good location... I never really thought it was a good university though, so I'm still a bit 'iffy.'

So far I've had unconditional offers from Southampton and York, hopefully the other too will follow shortly. But it just makes me feel like I should go to a better one since I have the chance. It's ridiculously difficult so I'll probably take as much time as I can before making a decision.

Good luck to y'all, lol.
    Congrats on your offers so far have you/are you able to visit some (if not all) of your choices?

ReputationRep:
    I am applying for Italian and Spanish, they ask for BBB and I got AAB last year so feeling hopeful.
    Sending my UCAS off next week and also applying for Exeter, Southampton, Bristol and Manchester.
    Was thinking about having Reading as my insurance, does anyone know how strict they are with entry requirements or if people get with a D/C?

Good luck to all!

ReputationRep:
    I was given my conditional offer from Reading for history with requirements of ABB, I think it's my top choice

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer of ABB/AAC to do International Relations and Politics, bit higher than I was expecting because I applied with ABC. Oh well... Does anyone know how flexible they are when it comes to results on results day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by radiohead97)
    Congrats on your offers so far have you/are you able to visit some (if not all) of your choices?
    Thanks

No, I signed up for all open days and didn't attend any... I have friends who are currently studying in Exeter and Nottingham, they told me a lot about the unis but it isn't the same as seeing it for yourself.

I'll probably visit Reading soon, since it's only a train away lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adriannannna)
    Thanks

No, I signed up for all open days and didn't attend any... I have friends who are currently studying in Exeter and Nottingham, they told me a lot about the unis but it isn't the same as seeing it for yourself.

I'll probably visit Reading soon, since it's only a train away lol.
    Yeah, hopefully you can get a feel for Reading at least Since I'm an EU applicant (and with what's not in my bank account) I cant exactly just fly over anytime lol, but definitely try if you can since it could be your deciding factor! If I can't make a post-applicant day or even an individual visit early next year, I'll just have to sit and compare course modules and student life for each uni, and go by my impression + what people I know who study in the UK think/have heard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from Reading for Computer Science.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an offer for law with AAB?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by hazeydaisy)
    Got an offer of ABB/AAC to do International Relations and Politics, bit higher than I was expecting because I applied with ABC. Oh well... Does anyone know how flexible they are when it comes to results on results day?
    When I applied to Reading I was offered ABB, and in my Alevels I got ABC, so I dropped a grade. So if you have a good personal statement, but drop a grade, admissions normally will review your application because they understand the pressures of Alevels.

But I MUST stress each department is different in how they go about admissions, so obviously I can only talk from a geography perspective.

Also I would advise if you have the chance and the department run a offer holders day, to attend. As it is a really good opportunity to meet the staff and get to talk to them face to face. It gives you a chance to make sure you really like the feel of the university as well as the department putting a name to your face and your application. Its a bit like a open day but more personalised to the department and course. Its not an interview in any shape or form as they have already given you an offer, its just a great day to visit the university again!

Hopefully this has helped, and if you have any other questions about Reading and what its like to live and study here, feel free to ask.

Emma
    2nd Year Human and Physical Geographer

ReputationRep:
    Haven't seen a thread for the 2016 round. What's everyone applying for?

I'm going in for English Lit and Film, hoping to send my application off by the end of the month!
    Economics, fingers crossed!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK1998)
    Economics, fingers crossed!!
    Good luck! Is Reading your top choice?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! Is Reading your top choice?
    Thank you!! Actually my second but yeah I'm looking forward to it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 28, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.