Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

fuel poverty watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)
    I really don't believe that someone as highly qualified as you, a designer of the stock market algorithms you describe worth many millions, would then decide to get an education all over again at...
    the Open University. These kind of hot shots of they want a career change can go to better institutions or much more accurately go to any employer, plonk their ass on the table and get paid a huge salary and given free training in the process.

Sorry, I struggle to understand how somehow working towards (and having a good shot at getting, not like how I by going running once a week am looking to replace Mo Farah) the kind of stuff you describe would then go to the Open University. This you have stated on other threads. Doesn't add up one bit.
    The reason is time. There are a couple of issues I didn't want to deal with.

1. I didn't want to mess about doing a 1 year course.
    2. With the OU I had spent many months being a lazy slob. With other Uni's you have to travel.
    3. Why should I of spent £9000 for a year when I only had to pay £2700 at the Open University?
    4. I got to spend most of my time annoying you on TSR and that was priceless!

The benefit with the Open University was doing a few modules and then leap frogging. 60 Credits of OU study which is Equivalent to 6 months full time study is worth 300 UCAS points.

Can you just stop the vetting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illegaltobepoor)
    The reason is time. There are a couple of issues I didn't want to deal with.

1. I didn't want to mess about doing a 1 year course.
    Reason for what? What course? Someone as talented as you are doesn't need any courses. They can just plonk their arse on an interview chair and say "I am a computer genius. I make millions and earn other billions. Hire me". You don't need any further education or courses if you are doing what you say uou can.
    2. With the OU I had spent many months being a lazy slob. With other Uni's you have to travel.
    Being a lazy slob. In an industry where seconds is a large amount of time (especially with these algorithms that are becoming more and more clever) wasting time being a lazy slob is not a trait I expect one would have.
    3. Why should I of spent £9000 for a year when I only had to pay £2700 at the Open University?
    Because you get a higher quality education or at the very least a more reputable one. But my answer to point one still stands; someone who is highly educated, who can make even experienced Wall Street traders look like chumps with their algorithms, would never need more education let alone go to the Open University.

I don't mean that in a disrespectful way; no person like you would ever go to my uni or do my job. Like I said, these whizz kids are getting one over Wall Street-they will have the intelligence and money to get the very best education. To be honest, they have already received one hence why they are doing what they (claim) to be. They don't need any more education.
    4. I got to spend most of my time annoying you on TSR and that was priceless!
    Indeed priceless. You didn't get paid a penny. Makes it even more confusing why you would turn down millions only to spend your time on a forum being questioned by me. I'm not annoyed-I pity the depths you have fallen to; posting videos of politicians singing songs from a kids movie and lying about their career. Not just a white lie but big whoppers.

The benefit with the Open University was doing a few modules and then leap frogging. 60 Credits of OU study which is Equivalent to 6 months full time study is worth 300 UCAS points.

Can you just stop the vetting?
    You make a post on the forum. Other people respond to it. If said post is a lie then people may well see through it.

I am happy to stop the vetting, but something in this story blatantly doesn't add up. All I am doing is pointing out the flaws in the argument-if people didn't produce such blatant lies they wouldn't be vetted.

ReputationRep:
    You misunderstood me when I talked about a salary of £150,000+. At that time I was talking about Haskell Coding & Quant Trading. I said that I was working towards becoming a High Frequency Trader(Quant Trader) which is basically a programmer who can write instructions for a Artificial Intelligence to manipulate financial markets in nano-seconds.

Give you a good example. Lets say you go and buy a share on the stock market. In the time between your order being executed I can buy the share before you and charge you more for it. I can do that because I can write code that is executed faster than your broker talking to trading floor partner.

The catch is I need to be in area which has ultra fast broadband.

The reason why I abandoned this is due to the current economic & political climate of super power nations such as China & the USA. I am in the camp that sees the USA causing financial disasters all over the planet due to their reckless QE policy & diminishing Petro Dollar status. I also hold the belief that we are moving to a cashless society where a lot of Christian prophecy could come true in our life times.

So basically I am bugging out.

Computing is still my core discipline but I want to move into Mechanical/Electronic Engineering while learning about the needs of Microscopic Biological Organism's and Freshwater Fish.

In short I am looking to produce more food for our planet but do it in a way where I can experiment with my hobby at home or among my friends.

I'm looking into getting my own 3D Printer at the moment because I want to build my own prototypes while I am studying. 8 hour prints etc.

I am in the process of building a filter system at the moment for a Aquaponics system.

Look at the video:

I don't see how your name can be "illegaltobepoor" when you earned £150,000 a year! Get over it and stop trying to cause an argument when you can obviously support yourself. if you're that worried, donate some of your ridiculous salary to charity.

ReputationRep:
    How many people in the UK even could freeze, inside a house, under their bed sheets? Even not considering they could wear a jumper in bed, or whatever else, for practically zero money. The idea of people freezing to death in this country just doesn't seem all that sensible unless they already have terrible circulation problems.

Computing is still my core discipline but I want to move into Mechanical/Electronic Engineering while learning about the needs of Microscopic Biological Organism's and Freshwater Fish.
    Does your business card read Professional Dilettante? You remind me of Martyn, another poster who tells everyone that his problem is not having a job because of government/banksters/the Jews/whatever when clearly the real problem is a mild form of insanity.

ReputationRep:
    You make a post on the forum. Other people respond to it. If said post is a lie then people may well see through it.

I am happy to stop the vetting, but something in this story blatantly doesn't add up. All I am doing is pointing out the flaws in the argument-if people didn't produce such blatant lies they wouldn't be vetted.
    I just enjoy being anonymous to be honest. In today's age though people have got use to having access into peoples private lives though facebook and other means. I don't subscribe to this mode of view.

ReputationRep:
    I just enjoy being anonymous to be honest. In today's age though people have got use to having access into peoples private lives though facebook and other means. I don't subscribe to this mode of view.
    I'm not sure how what you have said above explains why you feel the need to blatantly lie, but each to their own.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure how what you have said above explains why you feel the need to blatantly lie, but each to their own.
    Milkshake I don't care about your and Maturestudents character kill attempts. This is one reason I won't tell you which Uni I'm at. I don't want this kind of vetting while studying too.

ReputationRep:
    Milkshake I don't care about your and Maturestudents character kill attempts. This is one reason I won't tell you which Uni I'm at. I don't want this kind of vetting while studying too.
    Illegaltobepoor, I don't care about your education. Me, Mature Student, Yourself, all know you are lying. I don't ask for your personal information. It is obvious that you are lying, providing more information to support that is not needed.

Honestly, you think I want your personal details? You spend the conventional working hours posting videos (not just this thread) of Tories singing kids songs. That really is not the behaviour of stock market legends. You can see it a million miles off.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not trying to kill you're character. You do enough of that yourself by telling lies and posting pish.

Neither do I want to now what university you're at. I merely questioned why a £140k a year forex trader goes back to university and constantly makes posts about a financial apocalypse that makes you sound like a retard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Observatory)

Does your business card read Professional Dilettante?
    Surely dilettantes should Gentlemen and not Players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    I'm not trying to kill you're character. You do enough of that yourself by telling lies and posting pish.

Neither do I want to now what university you're at. I merely questioned why a £140k a year forex trader goes back to university and constantly makes posts about a financial apocalypse that makes you sound like a retard.
    Do you find it acceptable to use the "retard" slur which is offensive to disabled people?

ReputationRep:
    Do you find it acceptable to use the "retard" slur which is offensive to disabled people?
    You're unhinged. So I will say that there's something retarded about you're character.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.