Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomC_97)
    Yeah, I was impressed by the open day there too. But my first choice is Leeds, the modules there really appeal to me more, evolution and whole organism zoology instead of a lot of genetics. Good luck with your application!
    If I didn't get accepted by Manchester, Leeds would be my next choice. Thank you! Good luck to you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know if universities order applications alphabetically by course?

This would mean it would take a little while longer to get offers for zoology because obviously it would be at the end.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlypi)

This would mean it would take a little while longer to get offers for zoology because obviously it would be at the end.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As far as I'm aware they go through them as they come through the system, so I don't think so. I've never thought about it like that. I know Manchester are normally quick to make a decision and Exeter takes a bit longer, not sure why though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igrant98)
    Yeah I know what you mean! I loved it there when I visited and it's such a good course but the only thing putting me off is the distance!
    Yeah exactly, where abouts in the country are you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah exactly, where abouts in the country are you?
    Near London! So Cornwall is like 5 or 6 hours away!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igrant98)
    Near London! So Cornwall is like 5 or 6 hours away!
    Ahh ok, I know a few people doing Zoology at Penryn from Kent and around London. I'm in Cardiff so it still takes a while to get there. Leeds is far too, but I have family in Sheffield.

ReputationRep:
    As far as I'm aware they go through them as they come through the system, so I don't think so. I've never thought about it like that. I know Manchester are normally quick to make a decision and Exeter takes a bit longer, not sure why though.
    Ah I see. It's just that I sent my application on the same day as a friend applying for Biochemistry and she has offers from Leeds and Nottingham Trent but I've heard nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see. It's just that I sent my application on the same day as a friend applying for Biochemistry and she has offers from Leeds and Nottingham Trent but I've heard nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh, that's weird :/ Does Leeds ask for an interview for biosciences, do you know? Or do they go straight for the offer?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, that's weird :/ Does Leeds ask for an interview for biosciences, do you know? Or do they go straight for the offer?
    My friend doing biochemistry got an offer straight away but I know somebody else doing biology who has to go for an interview so it just depends I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My friend doing biochemistry got an offer straight away but I know somebody else doing biology who has to go for an interview so it just depends I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Right, I'd prefer not to have one for each uni. Travelling long distance just for a chat, we will see.

ReputationRep:
    Right, I'd prefer not to have one for each uni. Travelling long distance just for a chat, we will see.
    I know what you mean. I'd only travel the distance to go to Leeds because it's not far from me and Manchester because that's my firm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean. I'd only travel the distance to go to Leeds because it's not far from me and Manchester because that's my firm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Whereabouts do you live? It would be about 4 hours in the car for me to go to Leeds

ReputationRep:
    Whereabouts do you live? It would be about 4 hours in the car for me to go to Leeds
    Oh gosh, that's ages! I live in the North East near Middlesbrough so Leeds is about an hour away and Manchester is two hours. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh gosh, that's ages! I live in the North East near Middlesbrough so Leeds is about an hour away and Manchester is two hours. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Christ, that's easier. I live in Cardiff but have family in Sheffield so we could visit them at same time and if I go up north for uni then I'm not far from them.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Having worked in admissions at Leeds while doing my Masters each department does their own admissions. So don't judge it on other courses.

ReputationRep:
    Christ, that's easier. I live in Cardiff but have family in Sheffield so we could visit them at same time and if I go up north for uni then I'm not far from them.
    Oh wow you are a bit out of the way! No matter the distance though you should definitely go to the university you thinks best for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    Having worked in admissions at Leeds while doing my Masters each department does their own admissions. So don't judge it on other courses.
    Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My application finally got sent to UCAS today, now the waiting starts. Let me know when any of you get offers!

ReputationRep:
    My application finally got sent to UCAS today, now the waiting starts. Let me know when any of you get offers!
    Congratulations on sending off your application!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! I sent off my application on Tuesday and I've got conditional offers from Royal Holloway and Aberystwyth for the C300 courses 😊 have any of you heard back from Exeter yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.