Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do vibration plates work- has anyone used them? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Why not?
    Thank you for your contribution though x
    Because "toning" involves losing fat while maintaining or gaining muscle. With the power plate you'll be limited to movement.

If you have a high body fat % it would quite effective but if you're a healthy weight it's harder to shed fat and i don't think the power plate would benefit you enough to justify purchasing it.

Hope i could help

Well I read the title wrong 😂😂😳😳

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karan.)
    Because "toning" involves losing fat while maintaining or gaining muscle. With the power plate you'll be limited to movement.

If you have a high body fat % it would quite effective but if you're a healthy weight it's harder to shed fat and i don't think the power plate would benefit you enough to justify purchasing it.

Hope i could help
    I have no idea what percentage body I have, I don't know if it would be 'easy' for me to shred fat tbh. I have been trying to for ages but i've been finding it so difficult

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    Well I read the title wrong 😂😂😳😳
    What did you read the title as?

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what percentage body I have, I don't know if it would be 'easy' for me to shred fat tbh. I have been trying to for ages but i've been finding it so difficult
    Diets more important than the actual exercise, have you tried intermittent fasting, the warrior diet or the 5 2 diet?

ReputationRep:
    Diets more important than the actual exercise, have you tried intermittent fasting, the warrior diet or the 5 2 diet?
    I've never tried or heard any of them, could you explain further please?

What did you read the title as?
    Do vibrators work? 😭😭

ReputationRep:
    I've never tried or heard any of them, could you explain further please?
    The principle of all of them is to have too periods during the day, one where you can eat and one where you can not. There is a lot of research about it online if you want to read the science behind it. It's up to you how you do it the standard is 6 hours of eating.
    So essentially between 12pm and 6pm you can eat the rest of the day you can not.

When you train in a "fasted state" for example training at 10am as you won't have eaten for 16 hours the energy used will come from your fat sources.

When doing it i usually advise to keep your eating period as short as you can while consuming your BMR (go on bodybuilding.com to work it out)

Personally i fight Muay thai so i have to cut weight every now and then. When i do it i eat for 4 hours keeping my macros at 60%protein 30%fat and 10% carbohydrate. I also do a similar circuit to the one i suggested earlier in a fasted state. I lost 7% body fat (5KG) in a month doing this

ReputationRep:
    The principle of all of them is to have too periods during the day, one where you can eat and one where you can not. There is a lot of research about it online if you want to read the science behind it. It's up to you how you do it the standard is 6 hours of eating.
    So essentially between 12pm and 6pm you can eat the rest of the day you can not.

When you train in a "fasted state" for example training at 10am as you won't have eaten for 16 hours the energy used will come from your fat sources.

When doing it i usually advise to keep your eating period as short as you can while consuming your BMR (go on bodybuilding.com to work it out)

Personally i fight Muay thai so i have to cut weight every now and then. When i do it i eat for 4 hours keeping my macros at 60%protein 30%fat and 10% carbohydrate. I also do a similar circuit to the one i suggested earlier in a fasted state. I lost 7% body fat (5KG) in a month doing this
    hmmm thank you! you've been so helpful

xxx

ReputationRep:
    hmmm thank you! you've been so helpful

xxx
    You're most welcome

ReputationRep:
    This thread.... Honestly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
    This thread.... Honestly.
    ???

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.