Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How can people eat meat in general ewww also red meat which includes bacon has been linked with cancer in several studies so why would I want an innocent animal to be killed for me to eat it's remains that aren't good for my body anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViewsFromSi6)
    They eat their own sh*t

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No they don't, this is a myth. Chickens actually eat their own **** regularly

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't matter. It's been proven it's bad for humans

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No it hasn't, stop making up crap. If it was then virtually all of the West would be dead.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    They eat their own sh*t

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So do rabbits... and people still eat them.

ReputationRep:
    Ham,bacon and pork

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Chickens do the exact same thing.

ReputationRep:
    They eat their own sh*t

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Hevachan)
    How can you eat crops? They are regularly spread with cow and pig ****.............
    (Original post by Jazz90)
    A lot of meat contains faeces. it's gross. Milk also contains pus, mucus and blood, yum. I tend to avoid animal products.
    They spray human waste on crops as fertiliser as well. There is a reason you're advised to wash all produce yourself before consuming it. The number of people who buy vegetables from shops and don't wash them first is alarming and disgusting. This is why I avoid eating vegetables out because peoples hygiene standards are vulgar. I also cut up all meat into pieces to check that its been cooked through thoroughly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr JB)
    They spray human waste on crops as fertiliser as well. There is a reason you're advised to wash all produce yourself before consuming it. The number of people who buy vegetables from shops and don't wash them first is alarming and disgusting. This is why I avoid eating vegetables out because peoples hygiene standards are vulgar. I also cut up all meat into pieces to check that its been cooked through thoroughly.
    I get my veggies mainly from my grandad's garden :-)

And **** is gross of course, but in a way it's very natural and is a good fertilizer. So long as you wash your shop-bought veg, what's the problem? It's not gonna kill you and veggies are delicious :P

ReputationRep:
    All animals probably eat their own ****. Some humans eat their own ****. The **** is inside them to begin with anyway, what difference does it make?

ReputationRep:
    So do Rabbits and Chickens. Yet I bet you wouldn't have an issue with eating them.

Cows regularly regurgitate (ruminate) their food and eat it again. That's pretty disgusting no?

Pork is tasty. Pigs RARELY consume their faeces (only usually when starving, Acorns and Mushrooms are their usual natural diet), and are considered to be the most intelligent of the domesticated animals, probably more so than dogs.

Let me ask you this: Why do Muslims cut the ends of their penises off? That's pretty disgusting isn't it?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    OP:

Mark Watney survives on Mars by growing potatoes in martian regolith fertilised with his fellow astronauts faeces!

Soil is decomposed (and decomposing) organic matter including bird droppings, dead insects, animal excretion, chemical fertilisers etc. Nothing would survive without soil.

Humans spread cold viruses by sneezing, which means every cold virus you ever had came from the mucus of other humans!

Clean tap water is recycled sewage and effluence!

Pig meat is the least of your worries. But hey ho, the Qur'an and hadiths know best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michaaelaaa)
    How can people eat meat in general ewww also red meat which includes bacon has been linked with cancer in several studies so why would I want an innocent animal to be killed for me to eat it's remains that aren't good for my body anyway
    The difference in incidence rate between meat eaters and vegetarians is extremely low because cancers resulting from a conventional diet comprise only a tiny number of cancer cases, it's why you don't find doctors promoting vegetarianism as a preventative measure against cancer. It's akin to saying my neighbour's house is more radioactive than my house or vice versa- technically it's going to be true, it doesn't mean you need a hazmat suit to go in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    The difference in incidence rate between meat eaters and vegetarians is extremely low because cancers resulting from a conventional diet comprise only a tiny number of cancer cases, it's why you don't find doctors promoting vegetarianism as a preventative measure against cancer. It's akin to saying my neighbour's house is more radioactive than my house or vice versa- technically it's going to be true, it doesn't mean you need a hazmat suit to go in.
    You do realise that you can eat meat and be healthy by avoiding red meat?but red meat consumption has been shown again and again to have a strong link to cancer and if you look at people following the Mediterranean diet they have one of the highest life expectancies in the world and their diets are mostly plant based.Also yes overall cancer rates between vegeterians and omnivores may be very similar but risk of bowel cancer and heart disease is much lower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willdono)
    Muslim by any chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Most likely apart of some religion against eating pigs yes.

ReputationRep:
    Bacon

Sausages

Roast pork belly (with cider gravy)

All things of magnificence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonkatt)
    Bacon

Sausages

Roast pork belly (with cider gravy)

All things of magnificence.
    Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by earthworm)
    Because bacon
    (Original post by tw15st3d)
    because bacon
    (Original post by Sir Candour)
    Because bacon.
    Because bacon.

ReputationRep:
    Bacon sandwiches ****ing rock!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phipp91)
    So do Rabbits and Chickens. Yet I bet you wouldn't have an issue with eating them.

Cows regularly regurgitate (ruminate) their food and eat it again. That's pretty disgusting no?

Pork is tasty. Pigs RARELY consume their faeces (only usually when starving, Acorns and Mushrooms are their usual natural diet), and are considered to be the most intelligent of the domesticated animals, probably more so than dogs.

Let me ask you this: Why do Muslims cut the ends of their penises off? That's pretty disgusting isn't it?
    You do know most people cut their 4skin regardless of religion or race

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This reminds me I'm cooking spare ribs in my pressure cooker tonight.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.