Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    i celebrate it instead of halloween (by 'celebrate' i mean going to museums and stuff, i've never had a party) but i will probably stop after 19, also i agree with other users that these type of things get less special as you get older

ReputationRep:
    Masturbating tearfully with sandpaper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    i stopped celebrating it after my 12th biff day and after that i couldnt be bothered anymore, it was so much effort. but my mum still insist on buying me balloons >_>
    Not really, my birthday's Boxing Day so no one is awake until 2/3pm so I'm used to not making a big deal of it haha. My mum makes a cake every year, but that's about it.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jonathan Crane)
    Masturbating tearfully with sandpaper.
    :cry::cry::cry:omg
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by yasaminO_o)
    Not really, my birthday's Boxing Day so no one is awake until 2/3pm so I'm used to not making a big deal of it haha. My mum makes a cake every year, but that's about it.
    wow that's a long time to be sleeping...i would probably feel half dead waking up at 2pm

ReputationRep:
    Nah not really. My 21st is in December and I have no plans to do anything special tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I do because I am able to drop songs like the Next Big Thing aamirac thelexisquiche
    Spoiler:
    Show

Throttle's mind is a cave...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Big ass titties

ReputationRep:
    I don't like celebrating my birthday that much because I hate attention and being expectant of people in terms of presents and stuff. I really do appreciate friends trying to get me to celebrate so the most I want to celebrate is just a small get together

Then again my birthday is a few days before Christmas so it's overshadowed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    I dunno. I assumed that nothing I ever say is noteworthy.

I'm not sure 'getting well soon' is an option. To be honest, I'm not sure 'getting well' is an option.
    You are a small town girl. You will definitely get better soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arusya)
    Nah, i don't like my birthday and i don't think there's anything to celebrate on that day. Don't like all the attention and feel bad cos people give me presents ;-;

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah same! For some reason I really hate the attention, why are we rewarded for being born ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    wow that's a long time to be sleeping...i would probably feel half dead waking up at 2pm
    Nah there's no such thing as an early night in my household haha

ReputationRep:
    Haven't for years. I don't like getting older so I don't celebrate it.

My family always insist on doing something e.g. going to a restaurant, but that's literally the only thing I ever do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louisb19)
    Yeah same! For some reason I really hate the attention, why are we rewarded for being born ??
    Or indeed for ageing lol

ReputationRep:
    No point in celebrating this day, your just one more year closer to death....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holson)
    Er yeah, free stuff and cake, what's not to love?

I have a strict rule against surprise parties and singing happy birthday though. Makes me cringe.

I've had a few disappointing birthdays so I always try and make up for it the next year. I think after my 21st (which is on 7th Nov, so in a couple of weeks) I prob won't do much. I'm going to the Harry Potter studios for the third time for this one, lol. I used to have parties when I was a kid, then just had mates round or went for dinner, then when I was older I had house parties/went clubbing (except for my 18th when no one showed up).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Your birthday's the day after mine!

Also, I have never really wanted to celebrate my birthday when I was younger because I don't like getting all the attention for one day then it goes back to normal the next day. It's pretentious! Haha! And I don't like it when people ask me what I want because it's just like asking for stuff and I don't like that. But as I got older, I've learned to appreciate celebrating it, even just a small gathering with friends.

ReputationRep:
    its my birthday today....ended up in MacDonalds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chantalc)
    its my birthday today....ended up in MacDonalds
    Happy bday m8 :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowKiwi)
    Happy bday m8 :ahee:
    aw thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chantalc)
    aw thanks
    Did u have a good time? :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowKiwi)
    Did u have a good time? :-)
    yeah, I got a labelmaker (and other stuff) how cool omfggggggg plus everyone said happy birthday to me in lesson and I nearly cried

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.