Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Article: How to get a first...and still have a social life watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cole-slaw)
    yeah, my mate at uni who did the same course got up at 7am every day in the month before exams, spent all day in the library, and then got home at midnight, completely knackered.

I got up at 10, did about 6 hours of work spaced throughout the day, and then went to the pub around 8pm for beer and a game of pool.

I got a 1st. he got a 2:2.
    Also I new that is what would be expected of me as the bare min when I got a job... So I was trying to get used to it.

It's also one of the injustices that has arise out of the division of labour. Some jobs you can get away with just doing 4 hours proper efficient work. Where as if you are a wage slave working in a warehouse you on clock for at least 8 hours continuously being a machine. The bottleneck is how much your employer can get out of you physically doing recitative tasks. If you are a middle class professional as long as you get your work done it doesn't matter. One of the things I have noticed from going from uni to a working class job on a production and packaging line.

This problem exists much more say between a middle class persons here and a wage slave in China.

I don't understand why people eat poorly and get little sleep in the come up to exams either. It's just counter productive. Having sleep and a bit of a lie in the easiest and best way to increase your performance (or if you are a morning person get up early and have the afternoon to do fun stuff).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cole-slaw)
    yeah, my mate at uni who did the same course got up at 7am every day in the month before exams, spent all day in the library, and then got home at midnight, completely knackered.

I got up at 10, did about 6 hours of work spaced throughout the day, and then went to the pub around 8pm for beer and a game of pool.

I got a 1st. he got a 2:2.
    yeh make a point

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.