Turn on thread page Beta

tan or pale? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    yes yes i know, but it's not like i want to be pale for others, i do it for myself.
    Fair enough. I'm just saying being pale or tanned does not make one attractive alone as much as the quality of the skin itself. And pale skin quite often come the mid-20s or even early 20s often starts to age. An olive or dark person's skin often doesn't start to age until their late 30s or early 40s.

ReputationRep:
    The best looking guys have a kind of muted ethnic look.

Like Italians or Spanish or I have a friend who was half-Arabic half-Dutch and he looked like a very subtly exotic white guy, but had really dark eyes.

ReputationRep:
    OP. Go out in the sun, enjoy your life. Your skin is your skin. Love it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pale but I would rather be tan :cry: :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    just embrace your skin tone, if you are pale be pale and happy if you are dark be dark and happy. The only thing i find slightly ridiculous is when really pale girls slather themselves in fake tan, i don't see the point of doing that but if it makes them happy then great
    Yeah because they just end up looking like the pumpkin in your avatar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SwedishRedhead)
    I'm pale but I would rather be tan :cry: :cry:
    the struggle is real amirite

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasaminO_o)
    the struggle is real amirite
    :yep:

I've tried fake tan but it goes on my clothes, plus I live in the UK not Sweden now where if you wear too much people think you are an "Essex girl" :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I am deeply influenced by asian standards so i prefer to be pale. i dont mind tan but you know it's overload when you blend in with a carrot patch

what even is this?

And I've heard of why Asians want to be pale: "tall, rich, handsome" for dudes and "white, pretty, rich" for girls. Why tho?

Anyway the tanned Asian men are the ones embraced in media anyway so whoops for you.

(Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Natural skin tones tend to look best,
    lmao

ReputationRep:
    yes yes i know, but it's not like i want to be pale for others, i do it for myself.
    You sound mad. You do it for yourself but you do it because you'd feel better among others if you're pale. That's the truth.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by rat poison)
    what even is this?

And I've heard of why Asians want to be pale: "tall, rich, handsome" for dudes and "white, pretty, rich" for girls. Why tho?

Anyway the tanned Asian men are the ones embraced in media anyway so whoops for you.

lmao
    the western media - i couldnt care less.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SwedishRedhead)
    :yep:

I've tried fake tan but it goes on my clothes, plus I live in the UK not Sweden now where if you wear too much people think you are an "Essex girl" :lol:
    I tried it once and it was a huge mistake. Didn't leave the house for two days until it all scrubbed off lol

ReputationRep:
    the western media - i couldnt care less.
    No??? The Chinese media. The western media ignores Asians, doofus.

Actual Asian media celebrates dark Asians.
    I could give a list but I'm sure you know this.

I pray one day you find love for yourself.
    But if you're naturally pale don't go walking around thinking you're better than someone else. It's skin. You could be pale and still be a moron or something.

ReputationRep:
    I tried it once and it was a huge mistake. Didn't leave the house for two days until it all scrubbed off lol
    You probably looked like a Wotsit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheReader)
    Stereotypes!!! My mother is pale and she didn't start ageing until late 30s/early 40s. East Asians are also pale and usually also start to age later in life. What's certain is that excessivr sun exposure will certainly accelerate the ageing process.
    I said often not always. My mother too is very fair blonde hair and blue eyes and doing great. Most pale women her age - not so much. East Asians also tend to have a better diet and they do have more melanin on average than a pale European person.

ReputationRep:
    You probably looked like a Wotsit.

100% accurate depiction nice one m8

ReputationRep:
    100% accurate depiction nice one m8
    The prettiest girl on tee ess arr.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheReader)
    I think it is because British women don't really seem to care about their skin. Probably don't use a good moisturiser for their dry skin and burn up in the sun by not using a good sunscreen.
    Yes I do think there is a genetic component to it but probably moreover an environmental. Smoking and drinking like fish, eating crap foods and staying out in the midday sun is common in Britain. At my uni there are 18 year old freshers with forehead wrinkles and crows feet already.

ReputationRep:
    The prettiest girl on tee ess arr.
    Name:  wotsit.JPG
Views: 178
Size:  10.9 KB
    u no it x

ReputationRep:
    Name:  wotsit.JPG
Views: 178
Size:  10.9 KB
    u no it x
    lmao make that your av

ReputationRep:
    lmao make that your av
    why so I can be called "wotsit girl" again nah m8 once was bad enough lololol

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.