Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Am I a stalker? Is this stalkerish and obsessive behaviour? watch

(Original post by midwolf)
    Yeah it's completely possible you have an obsessive personality. If it's affecting your life to this degree it may well be worth going to a psychiatrist. I just say this because, like I said, I did that when I was younger and later on I was diagnosed with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Some of the symptoms, you've described. You might not, but if it's really messing with your day-to-day life it might be worth seeing your GP.

You have to sit down with yourself, and tell yourself you will stop. You know it's wrong and you want to stop, you have to really believe you don't want to do it anymore. I know it's hard, you're tied to those thoughts and you're trying to get rid of them, at this point it might be your entire reality, but you can do it if you really mean it.

No matter what, just remember this will end eventually. Just ride it out, my friend.
    I've gotten obsessive about other people before, friends too. But never to this extent.

Thanks for the help, seriously thank you so much. I'm going to do what you said and try and see a psychiatrist too, though I can't let my mum know about it, since she wouldn't approve. Are they generally expensive?

The bus thing is weird. But to be fair I feel the exact same way about a girl. Im a guy and my crush is called Jessica shes the most amazing person I think Ive ever met. Shes cute nerdy sweet and just all round magical. I know her timetable also so will sometimes time when I go in the corridors to bump into Jessica so we can smile at eachother

(Original post by Anonymous)
    The bus thing is weird. But to be fair I feel the exact same way about a girl. Im a guy and my crush is called Jessica shes the most amazing person I think Ive ever met. Shes cute nerdy sweet and just all round magical. I know her timetable also so will sometimes time when I go in the corridors to bump into Jessica so we can smile at eachother
    Yeah, it's really weird isn't it? I realllly need to stop doing it D:

Aw, that's cute. Why not tell Jessica how you feel about her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've gotten obsessive about other people before, friends too. But never to this extent.

Thanks for the help, seriously thank you so much. I'm going to do what you said and try and see a psychiatrist too, though I can't let my mum know about it, since she wouldn't approve. Are they generally expensive?
    It depends where you live. Here in the UK they're free if you go through the NHS. But if you're somewhere else you should look into websites that tell you where the psychiatrists are in your area, and what they charge. I know private psychiatrists in the UK are expensive, but might be different for you. Also look into confidentially laws to make sure your mum won't get told anything if you think she'll disapprove. I'm getting help and my parents aren't involved at all.

I hope everything gets sorted.

ReputationRep:
    What is coming next is really creepy, so no judgement please.
    That's not how it works.

http://www.joeyoungblood.com/wp-cont...this-works.jpg

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 27, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.