Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How to lower my standards?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zyzzyspirit)
    To be fair, unless you work at a coal mine there's absolutely no reason to take three baths a day.
    I like taking them, I enjoy taking baths. Well technically it's not a 'bath'...I'm talking about showers. I take one in the morning to wake me up, one at about 4 to feel clean, then 1 at night to put me to sleep. On fridays I have actual baths with bubbles and candels I like water and baths. I might go take a bubble bath right now actually....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    No wonder why you complain about dry skin
    Only on my face, but then I do have dry skin naturally anyway. Who cares when you have access to moisturiser

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAre Teh Lejend)
    Showering more than twice a day does more harm than good if you live a regular lifestyle. You rid your body of natural oils which leads to dry brittle skin.
    I would suggest you shower once every morning on regular days, but if you go on a day trip or are pretty active, showering a second time when you get home is standard too.
    It's not possible.I can't do it. I have tried but it doesn't work. I feel dirty.

Actually I'm so used to talking showers 2-3 times a day I forget it may not be the 'norm'. But tbf 2 is pretty normal to me. It's really not that excessive, I mean if I took 6 a day then I clearly have problems. 3 isn't bad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    It's not possible.I can't do it. I have tried but it doesn't work. I feel dirty.

Actually I'm so used to talking showers 2-3 times a day I forget it may not be the 'norm'. But tbf 2 is pretty normal to me. It's really not that excessive, I mean if I took 6 a day then I clearly have problems. 3 isn't bad!
    It is quite excessive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    No wonder why you complain about dry skin
    Lol. Truth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amibee)
    It is quite excessive.
    It's really not! I don't think it is. It's always been normal to me, my mum showers twice a day. Only my brother showers every few days which I find repulsive...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Lol. Truth.
    My skins not dry

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry anon, I have destroyed your thread. But seriously don't worry about it, you don't need to lower your standars at all. Just be confident and happy with in yourself and the right guy will come

ReputationRep:
    My skins not dry
    It should be with that much bathing. That is mad excessive.

Do you sleep in a pool of vaseline post your 30minute pre-bed moisturising ritual?

It's really not! I don't think it is. It's always been normal to me, my mum showers twice a day. Only my brother showers every few days which I find repulsive...
    You're not supposed to shower everyday let alone twice a day.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and @ OP.

When you get desperate enough. Like me. Standards just go out the window one by one. At the moment my only standard is that she is a nice person. Open minded. And not massively fat. Oh and obviously hygienic. but really that's not asking for much. I ignore pretty much everything else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    It should be with that much bathing. That is mad excessive.

Do you sleep in a pool of vaseline post your 30minute pre-bed moisturising ritual?
    Ha ha very funny how many showers do you take a day?

ReputationRep:
    Ha ha very funny how many showers do you take a day?
    One.

Maybe a brief cold second shower if I have been sweating a lot later in the day but not normally.

ReputationRep:
    No! It''s good that you have high standards!

ReputationRep:
    Really isn't safe or recommended to take a shower twice a day everyday.

It can cause a lot of damage to the hair. That's ridiculous and just compulsive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh no not again!)
    Really isn't safe or recommended to take a shower twice a day everyday.

It can cause a lot of damage to the hair.
    I don't wash my hair everyday! I just shower.

ReputationRep:
    Don't doubt yourself. If man were to accept what they had, we as a species wouldn't be where we are today. Don't feel disheartened aiming at the high end of the market and not succeeding. Keep hammering at it, you'll find a lovely guy

ReputationRep:

Its normal to you, but I can assure you its not the standard norm.
    If its not hurting you, drying out your skin, fine. But you really must admit that 3 bath's a day is a lot.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/02..._daily_shower/

ReputationRep:
    I don't wash my hair everyday! I just shower.
    Still, with the frigid freezing weather in the long run it can cause itchy, parched skin, or aggravated conditions like dermatitis and eczema. It also gets rid of good bacteria and increase risk of infection.

That's ridiculous and compulsive, you should wash every 2-3 days tops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh no not again!)
    Still, with the frigid freezing weather in the long run it can cause itchy, parched skin, or aggravated conditions like dermatitis and eczema. It also gets rid of good bacteria and increase risk of infection.

That's ridiculous and compulsive, you should wash every 2-3 days tops.
    2-3 days?! :eek:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.