Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do your parents have the moral right to know everything you do online? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Do your parents have the moral right to know everything you do online?
    Yes
    4.76%
    No
    95.24%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saeed97)
    i think its better for them if they dont.
    I guess this was specific to me.

May I ask, why? I can guess plenty of things, but I want to know which reasons they are in particular.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    I guess this was specific to me.

May I ask, why? I can guess plenty of things, but I want to know which reasons they are in particular.
    Theyd think im slightly mentally challenged.

ReputationRep:
    My family thinks it's sad that I use TSR.
    So they have no need to see my internet history. As they already think so low of me.

ReputationRep:
    I was harshly criticised for even using incognito, though I'll clarify not by my father.

If people want to actually find out, nothing's stopping them, and I'd say fair play.
    Try using another browser instead, that's not easily located on your desktop
    Or a really obscure browser like Opera

You can even put the file in a directory that's under another account user that's not yours (I had parents who never let me game on my PC. Looking back, I haven't a clue why, but oh well)

ReputationRep:
    I was harshly criticised for even using incognito, though I'll clarify not by my father.

If people want to actually find out, nothing's stopping them, and I'd say fair play.
    Dude you're 17, if you were beating your meat, just tell them. They might be sad at first but they'll understand, specially your pops

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saeed97)
    Theyd think im slightly mentally challenged.
    Oh, oops. I thought you meant they shouldn't find out what I'm doing, not what you're doing, you making judgement by some of the posts I've made.

I remember disagreeing with you in the past, but I'm sure you're not mentally challenged. :grin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    not sure if you're parents would be interested in yaoi and all those nasty octopi
    I'm more concerned about the bukkake tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    I'm more concerned about the bukkake tbh
    Lmao that's nasty

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    I once let my 14-year old daughter use the internet. That evening, just before bedtime, she asked me, "Why do young girls become glamour models, Mommy?"

Needless to say, I was alarmed at this question - what had she been reading (or worse, looking) on the internet? Was she being influenced by any disgusting online perverts?

Maintaining my composure, I answered: "Because they're shallow people who think of things in the short term only. Sure, the pay may be good for someone who is young, but they will be sucked into a life of drugs, prostitution, and an addiction to going for plastic surgery, all so that they can continue living that 'glamorous' lifestyle. By the time they're in their forties they'll be single with three pesky kids (divorced if they were lucky), overtanned, and with a lumpy face from all those botched procedures. Stay in school and go to uni, and you'll be in a much better place at that age"

The look on my precocious teenage daughter's face reassured me. She understood the value of intelligence and hard work. I had managed to divert my daughter's life away from a path of self-destruction and eternal self-loathing. I was a good mother.

Without a hint of malice, my daughter then asked, "Mummy, were you once a glamour model?"

Needless to say, she was banned from using the internet. I wished that thing never came out of my reproductive organs.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 21... quite frankly they don't even need to know what I'm doing day to day despite living with them.

Imagine deferring every single action to your parents in day to day life... you'd hit a wall constantly.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.