ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    Things got very 4chan in here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by So Instinct)
    Mr. Urban Dictionary himself, yeh.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like someone needs a good finishing school.

ReputationRep:
    She's not your chef... but tbh looking at this thread I sincerely doubt that you have a GF and therefore this is a non issue.

But if by sheer luck you do then you probably won't for so long so again... non issue

ReputationRep:
    If you want a runny yolk, teach her or yourself how to make poached eggs then.

It's dead simple: fill a saucepan with water and bring it to the boil (when you start seeing bubbles forming at the bottom), then put the hob to a minimum and let it simmer (you don't want to boil your poached eggs as the white will not bind to the yolk and what you'll end up with is a boiled scrambled egg- not yummy). Crack open your eggs in small cups (much easier to release in the water) and get a whisk and stir in the water to create a gentle whirpool (some say add a dash of vinegar as well, to make the poached egg firmer, but to me it worked perfectly without- although I used very fresh eggs). Take out your whisk and release the egg as closely to the whirpool as possible (don't just drop it in, you want the egg to get caught in the current so that it will hold together) and leave it in the simmering pan for 3 minutes.

In the meantime, get yourself a slice of toast and put it in the toaster. Once it's done, take it out and butter it (if you like buttered toast). Once the egg is done, take it out with a slotted spoon, and let the water drip off from it. Put it on your toast, sprinkle some salt, pepper and herbs to taste (I love a bit of paprika, dried parsley and dried dill on it) and enjoy.

I gave you an ample description so that there's no way to get it wrong. It's dead simple, though. Delicious a f as well.

Once you or your partner will master the poached egg, I will tell you how to make fritatta with savoury chicken and veggies
    Name:  WP_001197.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  447.4 KB

Dad said I'm now cooking dishes better than him sometimes (and he's been a chef for 26 years) but I must admit I am not the best at making a cuppa. My boyfriend, however, is a virtuoso of tea making (although can't cook for sh^t) so we pair like cheese and wine :giggle:.

ReputationRep:
    2/10

ReputationRep:
    I'd be more concerned about developing diabetes - 5 sugars is ****ed up.

ReputationRep:
    what era are we living it? men and women have equal rights. the least you could do is be one preparing breakfast and serving it to her on the bed. little things like this are nice gestures and says a lot about your creativity. unfortunately the fact that you complain about her apparent inability to whip you up breakfast the way you want it, says a lot about your stupidity.

she should leave you and leave you right this moment. she deserves better than this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    I make the dankest scrambled eggs

The yolky egg one I'm not good at lmao
    I'm great at fried eggs but suck at scrambled. Can we get married? It is my biggest fear that I will have children who can't make eggs, but I can teach them fried and you scrambled.

I will find a mistress who can make them poached (boiled is easy, but in the interests of fairness you will also be allowed a guy as long as he can bring boiled eggs to the table).
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)
    I'm great at fried eggs but suck at scrambled. Can we get married? It is my biggest fear that I will have children who can't make eggs, but I can teach them fried and you scrambled.

I will find a mistress who can make them poached (boiled is easy, but in the interests of fairness you will also be allowed a guy as long as he can bring boiled eggs to the table).
    you joker :rofl: :hand:

ReputationRep:
    you joker :rofl: :hand:
    Please don't reject me, I'm a great guy. Just give me a chance to eggsplain my idea.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Please don't reject me, I'm a great guy. Just give me a chance to eggsplain my idea.
    Okay okay, you're an eggception.

ReputationRep:
    But does she give a good BJ. That is the burning question

ReputationRep:
    I'm shy at first but I come out of my shell after a while

(usually after 2 minutes in boiling water).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rat poison)
    Sounds kinky.
    No, it doesn't.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    I'm shy at first but I come out of my shell after a while

(usually after 2 minutes in boiling water).
    Don't worry, I feel a bit on egg when I meet people for the first time too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny the Geezer)
    No, it doesn't.
    I know it was mockery to their bragging of making supreme breakfast meals.

ReputationRep:

Don't worry, I feel a bit on egg when I meet people for the first time too
    Your puns are just eggcellent.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.