The Student Room Group

Girls, can you do pushups?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by balanced
sit ups are the easy ones, my max is only 10 push ups but 120 sit ups, tricking makes you have muscle imbalance :biggrin:

With that bit about imbalance, it's very apt then that your username is balanced :biggrin:
I do try with sit ups but a few hours after finishing them, my stomach has a peculiar muscle strain-like sensation.
By the way, what is 'tricking'?

I go to a girls' school and there is mixed performance in relation to push ups, some people can do none while some others manage 5 to 10 (perhaps more?). We used to do circuit training in PE, so push ups and sit ups came up frequently.
Original post by ChickenMadness
Lawl i can do 60

wow it's almost as if as a man you have more upper body strength than women
Original post by Tom Jickleson
I'm a guy and I just tried and I did 2 is this bad?

oh never mind
Original post by Ichiko N.A.B.

I go to a girls' school and there is mixed performance in relation to push ups, some people can do none while some others manage 5 to 10 (perhaps more?). We used to do circuit training in PE, so push ups and sit ups came up frequently.

I feel you. While I didn't go to a girls school, probably other than 5 of us no one could do one pushup, let alone multiple. I suppose some girls just aren't into exercise :redface:
Original post by SmashConcept

oh never mind

woops for got to add the extra zero's i can actually do 200

oh never mind

i identified as female for this thread

oh never mind

I get that there's the issue of upper body mass, but I hardly work out EVER and yet I can still easily overpower my ex who worked out daily and had way more muscle mass than me.
Reply 26
yes I can..I love fitness buts it takes time for your body to be conditioned so progressively overtime you would be able to do more within a minute for example :smile: X
yeah, i can push up off the sofa to go get my tub of haagen dazs
Reply 28
hahah
Original post by selfteaching
yeah, i can push up off the sofa to go get my tub of haagen dazs
Reply 29
I'm just gonna leave this here. Gets crazier as the video goes on...

[video="youtube;nNxeRBi1KvM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNxeRBi1KvM[/video]

Anything is possible. Keep at it girls.
Yes, because I train 5 days a week.

I actually look around on YouTube for new styles of push ups I haven't yet tried.

I'm currently doing the "crucifix" push up - a real killer.
I can do 10 push-ups with claps!!
Took me about a year to do...:kungfu::kungfu::kungfu:
Original post by Vicky628
Yes, I can do about 12, but lots of people I know can't do any. I tend to do them after exercise to try and "use up" all the adrenaline.

It doesn't bulk up your arms at all, though, just defines them more without actually increasing the muscle

wot.......
Original post by JD1lla
I'm just gonna leave this here. Gets crazier as the video goes on...

[video="youtube;nNxeRBi1KvM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNxeRBi1KvM[/video]

Anything is possible. Keep at it girls.

Holy ****.

She is amazing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by theonetruequeen
I feel you. While I didn't go to a girls school, probably other than 5 of us no one could do one pushup, let alone multiple. I suppose some girls just aren't into exercise :redface:

I know right? Sometimes my friends tell me that I'm strong and I think to myself "It really isn't that hard to do 10 push ups, at least try 1!" :smile:
None whatsoever...I think my technique is wrong.
Yep I can :biggrin:
I used to go to swimming club every day and we had to do 30 press-ups before we got in the water every time.. I started that squad when I was 10 years old... Safe to say I was a butch 10-year-old.
But I still do them now, even though I quit swimming about a year ago; if I'm pumped in the gym the most I've ever done was 100 in one go... and that was with somebody shouting encouragement and I couldn't move my upper body for the next few days.... gains tho right??
Used to be able to do round 30 continuously, relying on one leg only. Now I manage half of that in good days. Guess I need to quit slacking.
I could when I was younger, I don't know what happened lol
stopped playing outside I guess

Quick Reply

Latest