Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    You watch horror films and TV shows....

Also it;s horrible being ill Hope you get better soon.
    No I don't? O.o

And thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    No I don't? O.o

And thanks
    The Walking Dead contains Horror you dunder head. You're like a walking dead fan girl. Braaaiiiinnsssss.

Event Horizon? That god awful film that I lump in crap horror films

ReputationRep:
    Nah, would be a waste of the doctors time. You're not supposed to go the doctors for a cold unless you're at risk for it becoming serious such as very elderly or have a compromised immune system. I'd be putting everyone else at the doctors office at risk by exposing the virus to them.

Ohh Narcos has a very high IMDB rating, strange had never heard of it.
    it's a Netflix original and it's so good , hope you enjoy it.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Prepare yourself for the binge ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kantdothis)
    Hot soup or tea to help with throat. Watch mission impossible 5: rogue nation, fun watch. Get better soon.

That's what I'm having the noodles for, I like to drink the broth. Unfortunately tea gives me super bad stomach pains, no idea why been that was for a couple of years now.

And thanks

ReputationRep:
    Oops should have added horror to the list :P
    I find them way to predictable, I know a jump scare is about to happen before it even happens. They're a good laugh sometimes but...meh.

Thanks. I plan to spend the next 2 days in bed and to eat only ice cream and noodles.
    I can't stand the taste or smell of noodles but ice cream is a win

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    Its so ****ing addicting and amazing
    Apart from Emma Roberts it has a lot of actors I don't recognise, hopefully they'll pleasantly surprise me

ReputationRep:
    Oh right. it thought you didn't like horror films because they scare you which makes no sense considering the stuff you watch

You just need to find the right kind of horror films. Good horror is about more than just 'jump scares' or gore fests.

http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/9165...x-ways-to-kill

You seen Alien?

Maybe now is the time for Invasion of the Body Snatches( 1970s version) You're ill, you got nothing else to do, please
    If you can point me in the direction of a horror that is genuinely good, not predictable and a carbon copy of everything else on the market I'll be seriously impressed.

Yeah I watched all the alien films not long ago, love them. Wouldn't class them as horror though, more scif fi thriller.

No. >.>

ReputationRep:
    Have you watched Interstellar? That's amazing.

Hope u feel better soon Sophie :-)

(Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    Straight outta compton
    I loved that movie! Saw it 3x at the cinema 😂😂😂 I'm so sad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusbloom)
    I've been really ill lately too I like to watch Studio Ghibli films when I'm ill they cheer me up
    Oooh I've not watched them in ages. What's your favourite one?

If you can point me in the direction of a horror that is genuinely good, not predictable and a carbon copy of everything else on the market I'll be seriously impressed.

Yeah I watched all the alien films not long ago, love them. Wouldn't class them as horror though, more scif fi thriller.

No. >.>
    You could watch "The Visit". It's horror and a bit funny. I didn't find it scary but it's good at the end

ReputationRep:
    The Walking Dead contains Horror you dunder head. You're like a walking dead fan girl. Braaaiiiinnsssss.

Event Horizon? That god awful film that I lump in crap horror films
    That's not a horror, it's a drama with "horror" undertones. The only thing horror about it that it has zombies.

I ****ing love Event Horizon, shut your mouth.

ReputationRep:
    Oooh I've not watched them in ages. What's your favourite one?
    Princess Mononoke Which is yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    I can't stand the taste or smell of noodles but ice cream is a win
    I love noodles...eat them like every day because I've been very lazy with food lately.

I have coffee ice cream and cookie dough in the freezer Already had like a third of the coffee one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowKiwi)
    Have you watched Interstellar? That's amazing.

Hope u feel better soon Sophie :-)
    I've not actually, not sure if it's still to new to be able to find a decent copy to stream? I don't download :3

And thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    I loved that movie! Saw it 3x at the cinema 😂😂😂 I'm so sad
    That's not sad I went to see the Dark Night twice when it came out because it was just too awesome not to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusbloom)
    Princess Mononoke Which is yours?
    Spirited Away, though Princess Mononoke and My Neighbour Totoro are very close leads.

ReputationRep:
    I've not actually, not sure if it's still to new to be able to find a decent copy to stream? I don't download :3

And thank you
    Nah I streamed a HD version a couple weeks ago so it's defo out. Pls watch, you will love it. One of my fave movies omg :ahee:

ReputationRep:

No. >.>
    Alien is a flippin' Horror film... ¬.¬

But like most good things it can slot into a load of genres and sub genres. Sure, it;s science ficiton as well, horror has been an element of science fiction for like forever. How is Frankenstein not science fiction? How is Lovecraft not science fiction? If anything a lot of science fiction grew out of and borrows **** loads form classic horror.

It's like when snobby critics belittle fantasy and science fictions when ever anything good comes along like Song of Ice and Fire and they say that isn't really fantasy as it is good, instead it is political intrigue, tragedy and so forth. It;s called Sturgeons Law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturgeon's_law

ReputationRep:
    I love noodles...eat them like every day because I've been very lazy with food lately.

I have coffee ice cream and cookie dough in the freezer Already had like a third of the coffee one
    You're tempting me!!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.