Turn on thread page Beta

10 Conspiracy Theories That Turned Out To Be True watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    A fool can ask more questions than a wise man can answer.
    We see that these stories don't add up that's why we don't believe them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Really?

Holocaust denial
    Lizards controlling the world
    Moon landings
    Black helicopters
    Roswell
    Area 51
    Ancient Aliens
    Anything including jews
    Zionist animals being used as spies
    Bin Laden a us agent
    7/7 bombings being carried out by the government
    Pearl harbour an inside job
    Hitler escaping Germany
    Aliens in the government
    World government
    Fluoride in the water to control us
    Haarp
    Mind and weather control
    Contrails

Many of these are headings under which there are dozens of variarions and sub theoroes. I could go on and on and on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You said
    "What about the millions that turned out to not be true?
    now even though we both knew you didnt really mean millions (i hope you didnt) on what authority do you claim to know if an alleged conspiracy or revelation is in fact bunkum? as Farm_Ecology points out in the next post Area 51 is well known to now be what revealers/whistleblowers always claimed it to be.

And your list is very poor. Are you claiming that Haarp does or does not exist or that something connected to Haarp is a fallacy? because it does exist you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skeptique)
    You said now even though we both knew you didnt really mean millions (i hope you didnt) on what authority do you claim to know if an alleged conspiracy or revelation is in fact bunkum? as Farm_Ecology points out in the next post Area 51 is well known to now be what revealers/whistleblowers always claimed it to be.

And your list is very poor. Are you claiming that Haarp does or does not exist or that something connected to Haarp is a fallacy? because it does exist you know?
    I think he's referring to the claims that Haarp is being used by the U.S. Government to control the weather and for mind control.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RFowler)
    Don't forget the "US created and supports ISIS" ones.
    Or the "global warming is a hoax" ones. Especially that "climategate" non scandal.
    DDT denialism.
    "Charlie Hebdo shootings were fake" ones (yes, these seriously exist).
    Pretty much every major shooting in America has conspiracy theories saying it was faked (including Sandy Hook and the recent one involving the reporter).
    There's also the various "crisis actors" ones. Including one about how the protest stage of the Syrian uprising where government forces shot dead thousands of peaceful protesters was all faked by the US/CIA.

Some conspiracy theories turn out to be true - because real, reliable evidence is found for them. Otherwise known as "news" - the "mainstream media" which conspiracy theorists love to moan about does report on those ones which have evidence behind them. A bit like how "alternative medicine" if proven to work would just be called "medicine".
    Are you trying to claim that that the U.S. Did not support the Syrian Rebels ~ ISIS?

Or the Mujahadin the precursor to Al Queda which was the precursor to ISIS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    [QUOTE=Quackquack1;60192901]Are you trying to claim that that the U.S. Did not support the Syrian Rebels ~ ISIS?

The mujhadeen were not a precursor to all

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Aj12;60194457]
    (Original post by Quackquack1)
    Are you trying to claim that that the U.S. Did not support the Syrian Rebels ~ ISIS?

The mujhadeen were not a precursor to all

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The mujahideen, or the Peshawar seven to give them their proper name had very limited contact with the Americans.

May I recommend the book ' bear trap.'

http://www.afghanasamai.com/Dscution...mmedYousaf.pdf

Pakistan ISI kept the Americans at arms length to the mujahideen.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=MatureStudent36;60194699]
    (Original post by Aj12)

The mujahideen, or the Peshawar seven to give them their proper name had very limited contact with the Americans.

May I recommend the book ' bear trap.'

http://www.afghanasamai.com/Dscution...mmedYousaf.pdf

Pakistan ISI kept the Americans at arms length to the mujahideen.

https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Cyclone

Operation Cyclone was the code name for the United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) program to arm and finance the Afghan mujahideenprior to and during the Soviet war in Afghanistan, from 1979 to 1989.

I love Wikipedia. It makes it so much harder for people to deny reality in favour of their bias for liar news media BBC CNN.

ReputationRep:
    The one about the Connecticut school shooting being fake is a good one. Apparently the parents of the kids are actors. I wish I was making this up.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Quackquack1;60199479]
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)

Operation Cyclone was the code name for the United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) program to arm and finance the Afghan mujahideenprior to and during the Soviet war in Afghanistan, from 1979 to 1989.

I love Wikipedia. It makes it so much harder for people to deny reality in favour of their bias for liar news media BBC CNN.
    You may want to read your Wikipedia link there. It backs up what I was saying

ReputationRep:
    Vaccine deniers would be funny if they didn't cause outbreaks of nasty diseases that are preventable.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

Find me one quote on that page that states the mujhadeen was a precursor to Al qaeda.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quackquack1)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ISIS is not the only Syrian armed opposition group. The US has supported some rebel groups, but they have never directly supported ISIS or given them weapons. Some weapons may have gone that way through defections and from ISIS seizing weapons from captured bases, but that is not the same thing.

ReputationRep:

Your own link says it was mainly done through the Pakistani Intelligence Service acting as intermediary between the CIA and the militants, meaning they had little contact with each other, as stated by that guy you quoted.....

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.