Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone else smoke before an exam so you dont get stressed? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mihael_Keehl)
    i am an alpha male
    Then that is inhibiting your alphaness. Smoking that cigarette outside the school gates just before the exam like you life is depending on it. The smoke not even fully out your your mouth and you're already taking another puff...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    To reduce stress? A bit.
    AS IN did you do better as a result?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starvation13)
    Then that is inhibiting your alphaness. Smoking that cigarette outside the school gates just before the exam like you life is depending on it. The smoke not even fully out your your mouth and you're already taking another puff...
    This guy knows me too well. Smoke inside school grounds though..

ReputationRep:
    This guy knows me too well. Smoke inside school grounds though..
    My older brother was a smoker :/

+20% Alphaness

Bike shed or in the corners of the playground near the fences and the green area with bushes and trees?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starvation13)
    My older brother was a smoker :/

+20% Alphaness

Bike shed or in the corners of the playground near the fences and the green area with bushes and trees?
    in toilets sometimes othertimes in field. other times in carpark

ReputationRep:
    AS IN did you do better as a result?
    I don't know I would have to do a control test to work out if it actually affected my results.

ReputationRep:
    What do you smoke i always have marlboro redds or whites thats what i started with.

I have about 5/6 a week. Not too bad. Damn 7 a day is a lot. Yeah it is true, but i dont really spend much on anything else.
    I started out with whatever people at school were selling. Usually it was cheap stuff like Mayfair. Now, still Mayfair but more regularly Sterling. Yeah 7 a day is a lot, I've cut back from 2 and hour though, so hopefully I can stop. But buddy, it's been more stressful trying to quit than it was worth starting to relive stress in the first place. Ahhh I envy you smoking as much as much as I do in a day, in a week. You gonna stop smoking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisi97)
    I started out with whatever people at school were selling. Usually it was cheap stuff like Mayfair. Now, still Mayfair but more regularly Sterling. Yeah 7 a day is a lot, I've cut back from 2 and hour though, so hopefully I can stop. But buddy, it's been more stressful trying to quit than it was worth starting to relive stress in the first place. Ahhh I envy you smoking as much as much as I do in a day, in a week. You gonna stop smoking?
    aye I see. Does the brand of cigs matter? I mean only bought marlboro since I had heard of it before. Idk I needed a stress outlet, and some of my friends who smoked told me it helps. It also helps lose weight too I have found. I think I am not addicted yet, however I can feel the lure. I hope to, but I have no alternative. It is also expensive. I am thinking next time I go on holiday, to buy cigs on the plane in duty free. So much cheaper there than UK. UK is the most expensive place in the world to smoke, I think.

What about you? Have you tried snus?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.