Turn on thread page Beta

My favourite pro veganism quotation! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    I didn't know you could be a professional vegan these days? They make a sport out of anything now...
    Lots of my british friends support vegan rights/equality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saeed97)
    I need to end you. We cant allow such stupidity the opportunity to breed
    Well he has a point, killing animals and cows being raped (animal cruelty in general) is just as immoral as all those immoral acts happening to humans, but apparently animals don't have any nerves and can't sense pain the way we do (!) so carry on eating meat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    Why am I stupid? For being passionate about animals? Because I don't eat meat? :lolwut:
    Well, first of all you failed to even understand what the intention of my original post was, so that's one reason why...

ReputationRep:
    Great to quote someone who was afraid of beans.

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean the one like this:

“If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be a vegetarian.”

― Paul McCartney
    Yes that one, but I like my version better!

ReputationRep:
    I need to end you. We cant allow such stupidity the opportunity to breed
    Being compassionate towards animals and being Vegan isn't stupid. Thinking that eating meat is a god given right is stupid. We haven't been cavemen for tens if not hundreds of thousands of years. We don't need to eat meat to survive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Well he has a point, killing animals and cows being raped (animal cruelty in general) is just as immoral as all those immoral acts happening to humans, but apparently animals don't have any nerves and can't sense pain the way we do (!) so carry on eating meat!
    wait wot

who rapes cows? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illiberal Liberal)
    wait wot

who rapes cows? :lolwut:
    They inseminate female cows. It's just wrong!

Here you go:

http://veganrabbit.com/the-issues/to...-dairy-is-bad/

ReputationRep:
    Yes that one, but I like my version better!
    I find your one confusing It's pretty cool though, hehe

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry i will.
    Being compassionate about animals and being Vegan isn't stupid. Thinking that eating meat is a god given right is stupid. We haven't been cavemen for tens if not hundreds of thousands of years. We don't need to eat meat to survive.
    And what? I like meat. The taste, texture and the nutrients it provides me. Nothing will ever stop me from eating meat.

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry i will.

And what? I like meat. The taste, texture and the nutrients it provides me. Nothing will ever stop me from eating meat.
    It's actually not that nutritious anyway You would find more 'protein' in certain vegetables.

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry i will.

Good for you. You are obviously too narrow minded and too set on eating meat to bother wasting time on. I will save my efforts trying to convert someone to Veganism who has half a brain. Good day to you Sir

ReputationRep:
    I really hate to dismantle your argument, but we have ancient sources that state that Pythagoras was not a vegetarian. We have sources that say he loved sucking pig and kid. He just didn't eat some viscera of animals (womb, heart, testicles et cetera) and some species of animals.

Don't believe me? I'll be happy to cite you the works of Aristotle, Aristoxenus, as well as Aulus Gellius if you wish.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    PS: I put them in bold so that the pain can be deeper once you realise it was all a lie. Thanks for calling me a savage.
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    i believe veganism is a disease
    You are one funny chap :lol:

ReputationRep:
    It's actually not that nutritious anyway You would find more 'protein' in certain vegetables.
    Good for you. You are obviously too narrow minded and too set on eating meat to bother wasting time on. I will save my efforts trying to convert someone to Veganism who has half a brain. Good day to you Sir
    You need to try my mums arabian style lamb and rice dish. You'd throw veganism out the window

ReputationRep:
    For me animal killers and eaters fall into the same category as rapists, paedophiles, murderers and torturers. They are the real disease on this planet, not Vegans.
    Are you deluded?

(Original post by daydreamer4life)
    1. After being a vegan for ethical reasons, I discovered how healthy being veganism is. Eggs are full of cholesterol and fat - what person who cares about their health is going to eat them?
    Veganism isn't healthy, it's total bull****. You can have a balanced vegan diet that is somewhat healthy but equally, if you ate dairy and meat, you could have a balanced diet that is much healthier.

(Original post by BekahMay)
    Really didnt realise eggs were that unhealthy
    Eating eggs is natural and healthy. They are one of the most nutritious foods you can eat. Don't listen to the stupid vegan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaMandarine)
    I really hate to dismantle your argument, but we have ancient sources that state that Pythagoras was not a vegetarian. We have sources that say he loved sucking pig and kid. He just didn't eat some viscera of animals (womb, heart, testicles et cetera) and some species of animals.

Don't believe me? I'll be happy to cite you the works of Aristotle, Aristoxenus, as well as Aulus Gellius if you wish.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    PS: I put them in bold so that the pain can be deeper once you realise it was all a lie. Thanks for calling me a savage.
    It's just a quote. Doesn't change the fact that i'm a vegan and am not taking part in an industry which causes suffering to animals. Even if Pythagoras sucked pigs as you claim, so what? Doesn't change the fact that I find meat eaters to be savages on the same level as rapists, murderers and paedophiles. You people have no compassion and you disgust me.

ReputationRep:
    You need to try my mums arabian style lamb and rice dish. You'd throw veganism out the window
    If it's so good I'll convert to veganism and back again just so I can have dinner at your place!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by york_wbu)
    Are you deluded?

Veganism isn't healthy, it's total bull****. You can have a balanced vegan diet that is somewhat healthy but equally, if you ate dairy and meat, you could have a balanced diet that is much healthier.

Eating eggs is natural and healthy. They are one of the most nutritious foods you can eat. Don't listen to the stupid vegan.
    Judging by your above post, you are a lost cause. I will not waste my time explaining to you how wrong you are. Do a simple google search and you will find a plethora of information countering your above opinions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by york_wbu)
    Veganism is SOO healthy, it's one of the purest ways of living for you. It's pure nutrient rich food. people seem to assume it's one leaf for breakfast,another for lunch and 2 for dinner. That isn't the case. It's easy to eat in abundance on a vegan diet because you need to consume more and the more you eat, the more you get from your food. That isn't the case with meat and dairy products, I'm sorry but it's not.

ReputationRep:
    How can humans expect there to be world peace when we butcher each other, animals?
    I bet Green Peace teaches you that polar bears are cute. Guess what, if you were even in a 5 km radius away from it in the Arctic, it will not think twice to hunt you down (if you're the only accessible source of food within that distance).

Also, male polar bears will kill the cubs of a mother in order to assure his own progeny. Isn't that cute?

I'll make you a deal. You go and persuade a lion to stop eating meat, and I will live the rest of my life on beans and cry.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 30, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.