Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How to lose weights watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harriett071)
    No it's not, check any nutrition magazine and any scientific ones for that matter, they all say the same. I eat 1200 and go the gym and I have a toned body and I have great health.
    Why do you think their putting it in a magazine (just like those crappy liquid diets)? :facepalm:

Anyway I can't be asked to argue because you won't listen but I genuinely hope you can actually learn about nutrition in future.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    1200 is the absolute minimum the average person can eat without becoming unhealthy.
    Please stop.

(Original post by trapking)
    Why do you think their putting it in a magazine (just like those crappy liquid diets)? :facepalm:

Anyway I can't be asked to argue because you won't listen but I genuinely hope you can actually learn about nutrition in future.
    I genuinely hope you learn correct grammar in the future too ☺️ I know plenty about nutrition, it's why I'm healthy and have a great body 💁🏻

(Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Please stop.
    I'm just giving advice.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just giving extremely bad advice.
    there i fixed it for you hun xo

there i fixed it for you hun xo
    Oh course, my advice must be awful! I mean I'm at a healthy weight, have a toned body and have awards for athletics, but sure it must be bad advice 😂

ReputationRep:
    Oh course, my advice must be awful! I mean I'm at a healthy weight, have a toned body and have awards for athletics, but sure it must be bad advice 😂
    So? That doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.... (you clearly don't).

ReputationRep:
    To lose weight eat fewer calories than you burn while keeping your diet clean and junk food free.

So? That doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.... (you clearly don't).
    Well seeing as I eat 1200 a day, which is what I'm recommending, I clearly do.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I've been bodybuilding for a while and have changed my physique dramatically and get compliments on my physique almost daily. By your logic that must mean I know what I'm talking about, and I'M telling you, stop givingsuch harmful advice.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by NathanDYEL)
    To lose weight eat fewer calories than you burn while keeping your diet clean and junk food free.
    Your post started off so well, and then...

I've been bodybuilding for a while and have changed my physique dramatically and get compliments on my physique almost daily. By your logic that must mean I know what I'm talking about, and I'M telling you, stop givingsuch harmful advice.
    How is it harmful?

ReputationRep:
    Well I mean you could always take the weights with you to the park or something and leave them there... I don't know if that would qualify as losing them though.

ReputationRep:
    Put all the weights into a backpack, then strap yourself into the back pack and jump into the deep end of a swimming pool. Then you're done.

ReputationRep:
    Your post started off so well, and then...

If I was saying this to someone like ourselves who are seasoned lifters i would maybe not say that but im guessing OP will need to eat about 2000 cals at most, and imo thats hard to do when you're eating bigmacs. xxx
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    How is it harmful?
    Well, for a start, a bit of maths (or a TDEE calculator to save time in this case as the same tried and tested formulas are used) tells us that a lightly-moderately active person (sedentary throughout the day, plus moderate exercise for 60 minutes 4 times a week) with an average metabolism, would need to weigh a whopping (lol) 100 lbs, to have a Total Daily Energy Expenditure of about 1700 calories. So you'd have to be WAY under 100lbs to have a TDEE of 1200 to maintain a healthy weight, which is absurd unless you're a classified dwarf.

The average woman in Britain is around 160cm and a weight of 100lbs would give them a BMI of 17.3. That's not a healthy weight for an average woman, that's severely underweight.

Even if we factor in that formulas aren't 100% accurate, for a person with an average metabolism they're a decent indicator and the results on the BMI scale leave a LOT of room for error in his case. So, as I said, telling the average person to eat like that to maintain a healthy weight, has the potential to be harmful.

Well, for a start, a bit of maths (or a TDEE calculator to save time in this case as the same tried and tested formulas are used) tells us that a lightly-moderately active person (sedentary throughout the day, plus moderate exercise for 60 minutes 4 times a week) with an average metabolism, would need to weigh a whopping (lol) 100 lbs, to have a Today Daily Energy Expenditure of about 1700 calories. So you'd have to be well under 100lbs to have a TDEE of 1200 to maintain a healthy weight.

The average woman in Britain is around 160cm and a weight of 100lbs would give them a BMI of 17.3. That's not a healthy weight for an average woman, that's severely underweight.

Even if we factor in that formulas aren't 100% accurate, for a person with an average metabolism they're a decent indicator and the results on the BMI scale leave a LOT of room for error in his case. So, as I said, telling the average person to eat like that to maintain a healthy weight, has the potential to be harmful.
    Well considering I'm 90 pounds, 1200 is fine for me. In her case, it's not going to hurt, she's doing more harm to her body now by being overweight. It's not to maintain either, it's to lose weight, that's what many health professionals recommend to those with an overweight BMI/unhealthy lifestyle. Once they've lost what needed, you can eat what you need to maintain.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by NathanDYEL)
    If I was saying this to someone like ourselves who are seasoned lifters i would maybe not say that but im guessing OP will need to eat about 2000 cals at most, and imo thats hard to do when you're eating bigmacs. xxx
    Fair final point but even someone who doesn't exercise will lose about 1lb a week on a 500kcal a day deficit, regardless of if the calories come from chicken and salad or from chips and sweets (not that I'd recommend the latter for health reasons, of course). But yeah as you said, your food choices will govern how filling/satisfying your meals are and your calorie:volume ratio will ultimately determine how easy a time you'll have. Certainly no need to cut out junk all together though, you just consider the calorie:volume ratio - if you fancy a little chocolate bar or pack of crisps then go for it as long as it's within your calorie target, but of course it needs to be bore in mind that a large Big Mac meal with a milkshake will take up in excess of 1500kcal and won't leave you feeling full for too long :lol:

ReputationRep:
    The best way to lose weights is to follow this simple plan.

1. Next time youre at the gym grab a few weights and put them in your bag
    2. Accidentally leave your bag on the bus
    3. All done! You have successfully lost your weights!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jlsmpV2)
    The best way to lose weights is to follow this simple plan.

1. Next time youre at the gym grab a few weights and put them in your bag
    2. Accidentally leave your bag on the bus
    3. All done! You have successfully lost your weights!!!
    I think they mean weight, not weights.

Anyway, a few tips on losing weight (not weights) would be good as I'll give it a go myself :yy:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.