Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do TSR people ever meet up for nights out IRL? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proxenus)
    probably gonna meet 4-6 other tsrians in decembr
    I read this as TSR-Asians (Sorry man it's your pic). What's the occasion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD1lla)
    Maybe meeting up to discuss grades is a better alternative then.
    haha some other people here are quite cool irl

ReputationRep:
    I think its a difficult situation, you'd need people who are sociable enough that they're willing to spend the night with strangers from the internet but not so sociable that don't already have plans. It would probably be good to have some shared interest like a house music club organising a meet up for a big night at ministry, rather than just a general love of getting ****ed up.

ReputationRep:
    I've met one person from tsr but it wasn't for a night out unfortunately it was for dates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dean01234)
    I think its a difficult situation, you'd need people who are sociable enough that they're willing to spend the night with strangers from the internet but not so sociable that don't already have plans. It would probably be good to have some shared interest like a house music club organising a meet up for a big night at ministry, rather than just a general love of getting ****ed up.
    Or just make a dedicated plan to do something with TSR people? Why don't people have a general love of getting ****ed up

ReputationRep:
    Man I didn't expect so many negative responses!!!

Most of us are students or post students?! Those of us in careers have to (usually) deal with other people, never would of thought so many introverts gather in one place haha.
    I am kidding.

If some want to meet up then great, it shows this forum can be used for educational purposes as well as social gatherings which is a plus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    I've met one person from tsr but it wasn't for a night out unfortunately it was for dates
    How did it go?

ReputationRep:
    Personally, no; my fear of having nothing whatsoever in common with a closeted, cosseted clique of gauche, anxious, self-loathing, terminally introspective nerds being second only to my fear of our having absolutely everything in common apart from basic phenotype.

ReputationRep:
    How did it go?
    A lot better than I thought. We were boyfriend and girlfriend for a few months

ReputationRep:
    A lot better than I thought. We were boyfriend and girlfriend for a few months
    Ah only for a few months? :/

At least you had fun while it lasted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Personally, no; my fear of having nothing whatsoever in common with a closeted, cosseted clique of gauche, anxious, self-loathing, terminally introspective nerds being second only to my fear of our having absolutely everything in common apart from basic phenotype.
    So you judge people before you get to know them?

ReputationRep:
    Ah only for a few months? :/

At least you had fun while it lasted.
    Honestly we lasted a lot longer than I thought but yeah I did have fun while we were together

Shows that anything can happen on tsr I guess

ReputationRep:
    Honestly we lasted a lot longer than I thought but yeah I did have fun while we were together

Shows that anything can happen on tsr I guess
    It worries me on the other hand, that a lot of males use this site for solely that purpose; to meet females. Undermines the websites aims.

ReputationRep:
    It worries me on the other hand, that a lot of males use this site for solely that purpose; to meet females. Undermines the websites aims.
    I guess you just have to be careful. Some of the guys I've met on here are so thirsty but others are really nice so yeah
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    they would probably attack me for my posts on here

ReputationRep:
    I read this as TSR-Asians (Sorry man it's your pic). What's the occasion?
    haha not even asian tho

ReputationRep:
    This actually happened one time with some people meeting in a cafe lol.

And a few people just walked right by the cafe and din't have the courage to go in.

The awkwardness in there would have been hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proxenus)
    haha not even asian tho
    Haha I am tho, got me all excited

ReputationRep:
    So you judge people before you get to know them?
    You mean, like you presumably do at a bar or nightclub when deciding whom to approach and arriving at that choice based upon superficial notions of personality and aesthetic appeal? Like someone who crosses the street to avoid a gang of hooded youths based solely upon the statistically greater likelihood of a violent confrontation? Like literally every recruitment consultant and prospective employer, ever?

Well, obviously.

ReputationRep:
    I've known it to happen. Few years ago when I was at uni there was a little crowd of us regular posters on here who were all at Aston or Birmingham and we all met up in town a few times. That was pretty cool.

A mass meet up of people off a forum from all different places though that aren't at the same educational establishments or workplaces ... that would seem a little awkward.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.