Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Who's been to the states? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grvcex97)
    Just curious.. who here has visited the U.S.?
    Where did you go and what for? Did you enjoy it?
    Anybody have yet to and want to visit America?
    yeah ive been to LA with my boy Dyrus.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but it was to hot for me, I was melting, I almost cried with joy when I got out of Heathrow airport and saw it was pouring with rain outside

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Yes but it was to hot for me, I was melting, I almost cried with joy when I got out of Heathrow airport and saw it was pouring with rain outside
    Where did you go?!

The thing I loved about arriving at Heathrow was nobody clapped when we landed. It was so refreshing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAre Teh Lejend)
    yeah ive been to LA with my boy Dyrus.
    oh nice. at what time of the year?

ReputationRep:
    I went to New York when I was 11. It was pretty awesome. I'd like to go again to explore the city for myself and do more things I want to do, as when I first went I was obviously too young to go exploring on my own. We went for 2 weeks and stayed with family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD1lla)
    Where did you go?!

The thing I loved about arriving at Heathrow was nobody clapped when we landed. It was so refreshing.
    Lmfao people clapped for you in the USA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Lmfao people clapped for you in the USA?
    When I was onboard domestic flights across the States, the plane started clapping when we landed.

ReputationRep:
    When I was onboard domestic flights across the States, the plane started clapping when we landed.
    The plane started clapping or the passengers???

Srsly though, my god I would be facepalming so hard lmao.

It's like when the bus gets to Marble Arch and everyone gets off cheering

ReputationRep:
    The plane started clapping or the passengers???

Srsly though, my god I would be facepalming so hard lmao.

It's like when the bus gets to Marble Arch and everyone gets off cheering
    That depends on how much LSD I have taken. Yeah it was odd. "Wooo!! God Bless America!"

Man, I love Americans

ReputationRep:
    Where did you go?!

This August! I spent a week in the US and another in Canada, it was far too hot in both places. I don't like US I can't lie, I have never really enjoyed my time there but then again my uncles house is up in the isolated country side surrounded by a bunch of republicans so y'know...it's understandable why I don't enjoy my time there

clapped when you land? That has never ever happened to me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Funny how when I went to London it was scorching! It was such a relief when I landed back in San Francisco and stepped outside to the freezing fog. Was not expecting London to reach those temperatures

ReputationRep:
    oh nice. at what time of the year?
    It was summer

ReputationRep:
    I've been to the west coast, California specifically (LA and San Francisco), I've been to Las Vegas too. I loved it, but it felt like I was in oven!

ReputationRep:
    Funny how when I went to London it was scorching! It was such a relief when I landed back in San Francisco and stepped outside to the freezing fog. Was not expecting London to reach those temperatures
    When did you come? lol it's a rare occasion...

ReputationRep:
    That depends on how much LSD I have taken. Yeah it was odd. "Wooo!! God Bless America!"

Man, I love Americans
    Am I being weird btw or does anyone else think you look like Jon Snow....

Maybe not the hair but.. cmon!!

ReputationRep:
    Am I being weird btw or does anyone else think you look like Jon Snow....

Maybe not the hair but.. cmon!!

My avatar is squished. I have the full size on my profile. Are you sure you're not tripping? I don't see one similarity lol. Also who is this guy? He came up a lot on my facebook feed about him dying or something.

ReputationRep:
    I went two years ago to visit family in California. I went to Vegas too but the weather was too much for me and I got extremely tanned.
    I travelled there with just a carry on and came back with two full suitcases

ReputationRep:
    My avatar is squished. I have the full size on my profile. Are you sure you're not tripping? I don't see one similarity lol. Also who is this guy? He came up a lot on my facebook feed about him dying or something.
    Eh idk maybe just the facial features.

I wouldn't expect you to see cause generally each of us finds it hardest to tell doppelgangers for ourselves. Facial hair too maybe?

Idk I only quickly glanced at it and was like "whoaaaaa o_o"

ReputationRep:
    Eh idk maybe just the facial features.

I wouldn't expect you to see cause generally each of us finds it hardest to tell doppelgangers for ourselves. Facial hair too maybe?

Idk I only quickly glanced at it and was like "whoaaaaa o_o"
    Hahah I've never heard jon snow. thats another to add to list of people I look like.

ReputationRep:
    i wanna go to NY, LA, SF

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.