Turn on thread page Beta

What is currently happening in Punjab ( India )? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eoe)
    Is it a Hindu and Sikh conflict? I am confused.
    The media is not reporting anything

Ugh that video, I saw that a week ago, it pissed me off. Yes it is, but I think it's getting worse due to other factors, like India's corrupt police etc.

ReputationRep:
    Wow... You people are as clueless as ever. TSRians for you...

ReputationRep:
    Lmao "Thankyou sir, could you show respect to other people..." Lol bia*ch how about you show respect to people outside of your perfect little world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vegito)
    Wow... You people are as clueless as ever. TSRians for you...
    How?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Ugh that video, I saw that a week ago, it pissed me off. Yes it is, but I think it's getting worse due to other factors, like India's corrupt police etc.
    Did you see what happened in London? The UK doesn't care.

ReputationRep:
    What's going on someone explain please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eoe)
    Is it a Hindu and Sikh conflict? I am confused.
    The media is not reporting anything

Actually **** it maybe you do have a point.

The British media seems to care loads about some issues and not at all about others. The guy wasn't even rude about other ethnic groups, he didn't even mention them. A similar thing is the Tamil genocide in Sri Lanka.

ReputationRep:
    Roughly some Hindu folk stole the Guru granth Sahib Ji (Sikh holy book) and tore it to pieces and threw it into the sewage, of course this caused offence amongst the sikhs and now everyone is fighting each other.
    Actually that was a myth. They were 2 Sikh brothers identified as Rupinder Singh and his elder brother, Jaswinder Singh, of Panjgraian village in Faridkot.

http://indianexpress.com/article/ind...h.zlJc006w.dpu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBBQ)
    Did you see what happened in London? The UK doesn't care.
    What yesterday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nucdev)
    Actually that was a myth. They were 2 Sikh brothers identified as Rupinder Singh and his elder brother, Jaswinder Singh, of Panjgraian village in Faridkot.

No, I was talking to my mum about this and they were falsely accused apparently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal)
    Actually **** it maybe you do have a point.

The British media seems to care loads about some issues and not at all about others. The guy wasn't even rude about other ethnic groups, he didn't even mention them. A similar thing is the Tamil genocide in Sri Lanka.
    It's annoying, people have actually died. It does deserve some coverage!

ReputationRep:
    What yesterday?
    Several days ago: https://www.rt.com/uk/319391-sikh-pr...rrests-london/

Also this doesn't help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjewKfs83rM

ReputationRep:
    Ok long story cut short, some idiots decided it would be a good idea to go into a gurdwara and tear up the Guru Granth Sahib. For Sikhs, this is about as disrespectful you and can get and so, they wanted to know who did it.

Police said 'nah lads, we cba to find out'. Sikhs decided to PEACEFULLY protest. Police, majority of which are also Sikhs, were ordered by the authorities to use live rounds to disperse crowds, during which 2 died and dozens were injured.

Protests are widespread right now in Punjab, Indian media are doing naff all and police brutality is widespread. During all of this, western bloody media havent even reported on Bapu Surat Singh, an 82 year old man whos been on hunger strike (due to polic brutality and unfairness against Sikhs) since January 2015 and is barely alive right now.

Essentially, the Indian govt doesnt give a **** about Sikhs, and us Punjabis are starting to have enough of it tbh. Police brutality must end and Sikhs must get the respect the deserve. Punjab Zindabad, Indian govt Murdabad.

ReputationRep:
    I thought you were talking about the protests in St pancreas when you said that.

Anyway that's actually disgusting they took of his turban, what a sign of utter disrespect. They should have let him put it on before they carried him back off, ugh that made me angry! And the flag! That's just disgusting.

How have I not heard of this? I didn't even know they were protesting.

Even though I'm pretty much Atheist but my mum is Sikh so I know for a fact sikhs are not violent people, they are praised for being so peaceful, so that video is shocking, I do feel they were being interrogated clearly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nucdev)

BULLS**T. If you believe that, youre a fu**ing idiot, no offense.

These people do so much seva in the gurdwara, wtf why would they do this. Its some butthurt biharis, thats who did it.

ReputationRep:
    I thought you were talking about the protests in St pancreas when you said that.

Anyway that's actually disgusting they took of his turban, what a sign of utter disrespect. They should have let him put it on before they carried him back off, ugh that made me angry! And the flag! That's just disgusting.

Even though I'm pretty much Atheist but my mum is Sikh so I know for a fact sikhs are not violent people, they are praised for being so peaceful, so that video is shocking, I do feel they were being interrogated clearly!
    Sikhs are very peaceful, but the religion (and history) shows that when needed, they will stand up and fight, and win. This is one of those times when its needed.

INQUILAB ZINDABAD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone2498)
    Ok long story cut short, some idiots decided it would be a good idea to go into a gurdwara and tear up the Guru Granth Sahib. For Sikhs, this is about as disrespectful you and can get and so, they wanted to know who did it.

Police said 'nah lads, we cba to find out'. Sikhs decided to PEACEFULLY protest. Police, majority of which are also Sikhs, were ordered by the authorities to use live rounds to disperse crowds, during which 2 died and dozens were injured.

Protests are widespread right now in Punjab, Indian media are doing naff all and police brutality is widespread. During all of this, western bloody media havent even reported on Bapu Surat Singh, an 82 year old man whos been on hunger strike (due to polic brutality and unfairness against Sikhs) since January 2015 and is barely alive right now.

Essentially, the Indian govt doesnt give a **** about Sikhs, and us Punjabis are starting to have enough of it tbh. Police brutality must end and Sikhs must get the respect the deserve. Punjab Zindabad, Indian govt Murdabad.
    You gotta be ****ing kidding me!!
    Some people are just evil

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eoe)
    You gotta be ****ing kidding me!!
    Some people are just evil
    Ikr. For Sikhs, its not just a book, it is literally their Guru, the 11th Guru.

It is honestly beyond me why someone would possibly think this could ever be a good idea.

ReputationRep:

Exactly, the media are keeping quiet about it. It's all over facebook and other platforms right now, and RT etc.

Oh, I had no idea you were Asian at all! But yes, we get all this praise and do so much and they don't even report things like this.

ReputationRep:
    I read this article few days back:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-34578463

not sure what's happened since.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.