Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Was this girl raped? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    All of you shouting rape because two fools got themselves drunk.

Here is a video for you...This is rape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVPyBxwIy2o

whoever filmed this should be arrested and jailed. That was mean. I would spit at any girl who claimed rape at a drunk party but this made me shed some tears. I was traumatised.

The idiot should have saved that chick and smash all those randy males.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    Why would he look stupid?.
    Because she clearly wasn't paralytic and semi-conscious if she remembers it in detail. Even if she was, she is claiming it wasn't rape, and the only two people who know what happened are the two people who had sex, so OP will look ridiculous making claims about something which they didn't even see, and which even the supposed victim claims didn't happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonny360)
    It *can* be, but all drunken sex isnt automatically rape. If she says yes then its consentual, regardless of drunkenes.
    Is that a fact of the law, or an opinion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wildleaves)
    Who's raping who then in that case?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In what case? ... It obviously depends on the individual case... Come on.

ReputationRep:
    Is that a fact of the law, or an opinion?
    A fact

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bardnnyc)
    What if the guy didn't consent?
    Unless the guy was gagged and bound, I'm sure a girl who was paralytic and semi conscious couldn't rape him.

If she woke up the next day feeling like she has consented to said sex, it was not rape, just drunk sex.

ReputationRep:
    Judging by her response , i wouldn't think so.

If his or her mouth was taped who can they say NO

ReputationRep:
    A fact
    Well you need to educate yourself on British law my friend. A person severely intoxicated can be considered incapable of giving consent.

You were giving an opinion. I just gave a fact. I'm not really sure where I stand on this. It's so ambiguous, and depends entirely on the individual situation.

I do believe entirely that a person can be incapable of giving consent when intoxicated, and so can be raped on that basis. But that is when they are completely intoxicated, almost entirely out of it. Which is different to just being drunk to the extent that most of us get to and stop at.

I've seen guys preying on girls who they perceived as this kind of drunk. I've seen it happen, and the guys are no way near as drunk as the girls, so that's no excuse. They know exactly what they're doing. It doesn't happen often, but you do see it.

ReputationRep:
    Well you need to educate yourself on British law my friend. A person severely intoxicated can be considered incapable of giving consent.

You were giving an opinion. I just gave a fact. I'm not really sure where I stand on this. It's so ambiguous, and depends entirely on the individual situation.

I do believe entirely that a person can be incapable of giving consent when intoxicated, and so can be raped on that basis. But that is when they are completely intoxicated, almost entirely out of it. Which is different to just being drunk to the extent that most of us get to and stop at.

I've seen guys preying on girls who they perceived as this kind of drunk. I've seen it happen, and the guys are no way near as drunk as the girls, so that's no excuse. They know exactly what they're doing. It doesn't happen often, but you do see it.
    If someone consents to sex (meaning they say yes, knowingly referrring to sex) then its not rape, no matter drunk they are.

What you're talking about in your example, there is no explicit offer of consent, that is rape. But thats not what I'm talking about.

ReputationRep:
    If someone consents to sex (meaning they say yes, knowingly referrring to sex) then its not rape, no matter drunk they are.

What you're talking about in your example, there is no explicit offer of consent, that is rape. But thats not what I'm talking about.
    So consent is entirely verbal is it? Who actually consents in that way? Very few sexual encounters involve an "explicit offer of consent".

ReputationRep:
    So consent is entirely verbal is it? Who actually consents in that way? Very few sexual encounters involve an "explicit offer of consent".
    No not necessarily, just as long as its explicity given

ReputationRep:

TwinPeaks, I get that you're trying to stand up for the girl. But she does not believe she has been raped - she says she has engaged in consensual sex and is happy about it, she is not distressed or upset. I think you need to accept that although in some cases drunk sex equals rape, not ALL cases of drunk sex equals rape. She was clearly not as intoxicated as the OP claims, as she was able to consent and enjoyed herself - thus it was not rape.

ReputationRep:
    He's just white-knighting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiaswift)
    TwinPeaks, I get that you're trying to stand up for the girl. But she does not believe she has been raped - she says she has engaged in consensual sex and is happy about it, she is not distressed or upset. I think you need to accept that although in some cases drunk sex equals rape, not ALL cases of drunk sex equals rape. She was clearly not as intoxicated as the OP claims, as she was able to consent and enjoyed herself - thus it was not rape.
    I'm not standing up for the girl, I specifically said in an earlier post that we have not got sufficient detail to go by. When did I say that "all cases of drunk sex equals rape"? Did I not say that it's highly ambiguous and depends on the individual situation? Did I even refer to the OPs scenario when replying to that boy? No I did not.

ReputationRep:
    No not necessarily, just as long as its explicity given
    Define "explicitly given".

He's just white-knighting
    I'm a woman. Take the ****ing fedora or whatever the hell it is off of your head for one minute because it appears to be severely restricting blood flow to your brain.

You are such a stereotype.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Long story short at a party someone had sex with a girl who was paralytic and semi conscious. This seems like textbook rape I know but the entire situation is a bit more complex. I was talking to the girl and she seemed perfectly fine with it and even joked about how he couldn't even last a minute. This doesn't seem to fit the behaviour of someone who was raped yet the situation seems to make it rather dodgy. Should I report this or just leave it?
    Text book behavior can often be normalize it and down play it, you should look up denial.
    If she brings it up to you, let her talk (and just listen, don't advice). Otherwise leave it alone, you can't go around forcing people into reliving things.

(Original post by Rakas21)
    If she has to ask then no.

Also, if she was coming onto him beforehand then she could have given consent.
    You can't give pre-emptive consent before you lose the power to consent during sex.

Drunk sex isnt rape.
    Stop trolling.

(Original post by driftawaay)
    If she was conscious enough to laugh about it and communicate things like 'he couldn't last a minute', then clearly she was not raped.
    We don't know how conscious she was or what her mental state was. See first reply.

I need people's opinion please. So my boyfriend and I have been going through a rough patch for the past few months. I still love him immensely however we haven't had sex in a while and I don't want to, the things he did makes me feel sick to think about him touching me. So yesterday he hurt me way too much and I'm a recovering drug user for nearly 6 months now. But last night was too much to handle so I used again. I got back home and t first he was angry with me for getting high and being missing for 5 hours but then it soon turned to him giving me orders to take my clothes off etc which I did and then we had sex. Now the thing is if I was sober I wouldn't have given him consent and he knows that as well. Actually he hasn't seen me nude for like few months now and he knows he has no consent to see me that way touch me, I told him he's free to leave me or cheat on me whenever he likes because he's already done it. I didn't even want to be in this relationship but he wants us to and I honestly gave up on most things in life so it makes no difference to me. However, he can't touch me or see me nude or anything like that as it makes me feel cheap about myself. So he knows I wouldn't have consented to this and I remember the way he was talking and it's like he seized the opportunity to see me that way and then to F*ck me because I was too out of it. He took advantage of my situation but this isn't rape is it? Why does it feel like it though? I have been molested by my brother when I was 6-8 and I do remember snippets of it. And now this. It's all my fault.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    You can't give pre-emptive consent before you lose the power to consent during sex.
    Yes you can; why on earth couldnt you?

Also im not trolling. Just because you dont like what I have to say doesnt make it untrue

ReputationRep:
    Take the ****ing fedora or whatever the hell it is off of your head for one minute because it appears to be severely restricting blood flow to your brain.

You are such a stereotype.
    Haha aren't you so funny and clever with your original fedora joke and all!

What stereotype am I? Btw I've never once worn a fedora.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 29, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.