Yes
    21.92%
    No
    78.08%

ReputationRep:
    Nooooooo!

Don't ditch daniel craiggggg

ReputationRep:
    I'm PC brah, but not that PC. Cis white male Bond for me please.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have anything against gays but really? A Guy kissing a Guy on a British Show...nah
    They've got through a lot and have been granted the rights they deserve but they shouldn't stretch the position and try to take over.
    Imaging a guy on guy movie representing the UK, that'll be great towards showing they're towards equality for Gays but what nation in Europe will look at "Britain" as being "Great Britain"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    Oh at this point its definitely box ticking if they do cast a black actor since there has been so much talk of this lately. It just rubs me the wrong way that there is an issue made out of it...
    I'll defer to your judgement since I haven't been following and I'm not in the best position to talk about race. It's too bad so much has been made of it, because it would be a shame if the best candidate for the job really is black but he doesn't get the credit he deserves because people assume it's box ticking.

ReputationRep:
    I want a geordie bond.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    I'll defer to your judgement since I haven't been following and I'm not in the best position to talk about race. It's too bad so much has been made of it, because it would be a shame if the best candidate for the job really is black but he doesn't get the credit he deserves because people assume it's box ticking.
    There will definitely be an element of box ticking when it comes to the final decision though, because since its been so publicized and debated in the media, the production company will get bad press if they end up not casting a black actor after all the hype, all the 'the next Bond is white' headlines etc so they will have to take their reputation into consideration as well, they dont wanna be branded 'racist'...

ReputationRep:
    I don't care about Bond but he's supposed to be a Caucasian male who is attracted to women
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    No. I suppose he could be bi or pansexual but it would be so obvious that the edtiors/writers are pandering.

I'm not even sure why they'd want Bond to be a woman. Surely it's pretty insulting to think that the only way they can get a strong cool woman on screen is by pressuring a studio to make such a change?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    There will definitely be an element of box ticking when it comes to the final decision though, because since its been so publicized and debated in the media, the production company will get bad press if they end up not casting a black actor after all the hype, all the 'the next Bond is white' headlines etc so they will have to take their reputation into consideration as well, they dont wanna be branded 'racist'...
    Oh I agree. Just saying it's a shame there was so much controversy over it.

ReputationRep:
    one who could finally ACT might be a nice change!

Daniel Craig is SO f*******g wooden!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasufel)
    one who could finally ACT might be a nice change!

Daniel Craig is SO f*******g wooden!
    Thank God I'm not the only one who hates Craig's Bond

ReputationRep:
    The next bond should be a pansexual Chinese quadriplegic transgender Muslim dwarf, and anyone who disagrees with that is clearly a sexist, racist bigot. We need to be progressive, remember? Act like it.

In all seriousness, though, why should we ever change fundamental aspects of a character like gender, race and sexuality? Perhaps race is slightly less pertinent to Bond's character, but a heterosexual man is what he is.

ReputationRep:
    How about a trans bond

ReputationRep:
    His name is "James bond " not "Jessica bond" so he can never be female.

ReputationRep:
    No, the original James Bond is a straight white male. Change that narrative all you want, but don't call it James Bond.

ReputationRep:
    I am not against gays and would consider myself a feminist, but in the case of James bond and his specific character I don't think a gay or female would have the right qualities without changing the style of the film, but I'm not saying neither of them are capable because of course everyone is

ReputationRep:
    Since Bond and 007 are just the assigned identities of the agent then yeah and i suppose you could make him/her gay.

That said i don't like this pandering to the minority brigade, get the best actor and storyline for the job.

ReputationRep:
    No because it does not actually fit with the character of 007. He's a womanising, heterosexual, male. It just blows the whole thing out of the water...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    No, of course not.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.