Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

General Fallout 4 thread! watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aj12)
    What do people think of the settlement builder?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can't say I'm a massive fan, it's just a distraction to pad out the game a little more with, imo, no real compelling reason to use it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Can't say I'm a massive fan, it's just a distraction to pad out the game a little more with, imo, no real compelling reason to use it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I felt that too. But as I've gone on I've drawn a perverse satisfaction from building a settlement. Still, there's too many locations and not enough normal built towns

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aj12)
    I felt that too. But as I've gone on I've drawn a perverse satisfaction from building a settlement. Still, there's too many locations and not enough normal built towns

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think that is kinda the point though, you have your main built settlements, so diamond city, prydwyn and/or institute vs megaton, citadel, rivet city; then a few small ones pre built like the one where you have to take an adapted GOAT to get in, and then you sort out the rest of the little settlements.

I hope somebody makes a mod so that when in the glowing sea, or when the weather system comes up from it, you get static blended in with the radio.

And does anybody know the console command to find out a quest ID? The main quest I'm on now is slightly broken because the AI pathing is a few feet off and I don't really want to switch sides if I can avoid it; obviously with the command I can skip the section that's broken

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Someone needs to explain the ****ing mannequins to me as well. Why? Why are there so many?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Someone needs to explain the ****ing mannequins to me as well. Why? Why are there so many?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Because people are a little messed up? Also, depending where you're talking about

ReputationRep:
    Worth getting now or is it too buggy?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Because people are a little messed up? Also, depending where you're talking about
    I seem to find them everywhere. Especially in bathtubs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubisoft)
    I have played it for a good 10 hours or so and it has only crashed twice. Still worth getting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by ubisoft)
    I've only come across one anywhere near major bug in nearly 20 hours of play, and several small ones with simple fixes. (although the fix of the major one did mess things up even more making the lass mission a piece of cake)
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I must say, the BoS ending seemed a bit cheap, effectively just a rehash of FO3 with Prime clearing the way to the enemy, and then you do the last little bit of fighting.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I must say, the BoS ending seemed a bit cheap, effectively just a rehash of FO3 with Prime clearing the way to the enemy, and then you do the last little bit of fighting.
    How have you already finished the game?

I am still looking for the BoS lost patrol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    How have you already finished the game?

I am still looking for the BoS lost patrol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's not a compulsory bit, especially if you cheat a little (not as in skipping bits, bar bugged parts) the game is maybe 6-8 hours, I think my playtime when I finsihed was about 15, didn't do a great deal of stuff on the side.

There are quite a few interesting little Easter eggs about the place, especially if you dive into the QA area and have a look at stuff, obviously there is a question of whether you can actually get them legit, but there is the old enclave power armour (which is the best in the game and there is at least a helmet in an inaccessable) and there is the vault 101 jumpsuit too, for instance, and obviously references in speech to stuff

ReputationRep:
    That's not a compulsory bit, especially if you cheat a little (not as in skipping bits, bar bugged parts) the game is maybe 6-8 hours, I think my playtime when I finsihed was about 15, didn't do a great deal of stuff on the side.

There are quite a few interesting little Easter eggs about the place, especially if you dive into the QA area and have a look at stuff, obviously there is a question of whether you can actually get them legit, but there is the old enclave power armour (which is the best in the game and there is at least a helmet in an inaccessable) and there is the vault 101 jumpsuit too, for instance, and obviously references in speech to stuff
    I doubt I will be completing it any time soon, I like to do all the side missions possible before doing too much story.

I am about 10 hours in and I have only just got to diamond city.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I doubt I will be completing it any time soon, I like to do all the side missions possible before doing too much story.

I am about 10 hours in and I have only just got to diamond city.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You really are taking your time

ReputationRep:
    You really are taking your time
    I have been waiting for this game for years I am not completing in a matter of days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I have been waiting for this game for years I am not completing in a matter of days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Doing the main line fairly quickly is hardly finishing it, most of the commonwealth hasn't been touched, and the same goes for most quests too.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Anyone have any idea where the garage in the Title screen is? Is it a location you can visit?

ReputationRep:
    Doing the main line fairly quickly is hardly finishing it, most of the commonwealth hasn't been touched, and the same goes for most quests too.
    I like to be OP doing the main story from getting all the special weapons from side missions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I like to be OP doing the main story from getting all the special weapons from side missions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    All you need to be OP is a gattling laser and the funds to keep it armed as well as the power armour
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Having done both endings now, I would say one is clearly better than the other and is far more fun, and it means it's time to turn to everything I missed, which does mean a lot of going back to old saves
    Spoiler:
    Show
    As said before, I didn't think much of the brotherhood ending, it was basically the same as FO3, power up liberty prime, follow him, kill a few enemies in [insert building here] (project purity for 3, institution for 4) and have a chat with the antagonist (Autumn or Shaun), press a few buttons, done. The institute ending is, imo, at the very least a lot more fun (especially if you have the unique fat man which fires double ammo with the MIRV mod too) and collisions off; without cheating, it actually poses a bit of a challenge because you get mobbed like mad by the brotherhood, I went in with the encalve power armour fully upgraded (not sure if you can actually get it legit, but it's not much better than T-60) and it got destroyed very quickly, and I was taking stims like mad, I expect the time slow from nerd rage saved my life several times. It is a fun ending. Either way though, it's about the journey

Rather looking forwards to playing what's left to play though, and for the DLC and proper mods.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 21, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.