Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Romula)
    IKR! I love it when they mention the 1950s- like "listen, babe, you can leave the kitchen, okay? Now STOP WHINING ALREADY!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    There are lots of sexually frustrated right wing folk on here who are very bitter about the fact women don't like them. This they go on to hate women.
    More likely there are some guys who unable to get women, try and suck up to them and hope that gets them laid. The white knights. They think that by being little suck-ups they will finally get laid. Not so.
    http://i.imgur.com/Ay2XYC6.jpg

Then there are some guys who aren't doormats. They don't bend over backwards for women and brown nose them. They aren't misogynists, they don't hate women, but they aren't doormats. They are interested in true equality.
    http://www.mgtowsurvivalguide.com/wp...night-meme.jpg

Feminism;
    http://d.justpo.st/media/images/2014...256e5f1edd.jpg
    http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/up...logic-meme.jpg
    http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...52/586/392.png

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)
    More likely there are some guys who unable to get women, try and suck up to them and hope that gets them laid. The white knights. They think that by being little suck-ups they will finally get laid. Not so.
    http://i.imgur.com/Ay2XYC6.jpg

Then there are some guys who aren't doormats. They don't bend over backwards for women and brown nose them. They aren't misogynists, they don't hate women, but they aren't doormats. They are interested in true equality.
    http://www.mgtowsurvivalguide.com/wp...night-meme.jpg

Feminism;
    http://d.justpo.st/media/images/2014...256e5f1edd.jpg
    http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/up...logic-meme.jpg
    http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...52/586/392.png
    Actually those on the right are far more likely to be judgemental 'white knights' who have no success and are bitter towards women as a result.
    If those on the right are interested in true equality you'd want to do something about it. Instead you seem to be one of the 'men's rights' people who everyone knows are collections of bitter men who can't get a girl.

ReputationRep:
    The first one - because we live in a misogynistic society. If men had been treated as lesser for hundreds of years then maybe it would be called meninism. The definition is the same as egalitarianism and if you want to complain about words, we're mankind not humankind or peoplekind.

The other two aren't showing feminism, they're showing misandry.

ReputationRep:
    The name of the party just tells you how mislead these people are lol

ReputationRep:
    Of course it is.
    Being right wing is closely linked to being selfish and not caring for others- a very unattractive trait. I've seen countless of right wing young guys who have no success with women and then go on to hate them and act all bitter.
    I identify as a center left leaning feminist, but to actually go there, you are quite possibly the most hysterical, pathetic manchild on this website

What you've just said, is like some right-wing anti feminist saying feminist men are only feminist because they want to brown nose their way into having sex, it's just childish to turn the discussion into who has sex and who is or is not a virgin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal)
    I identify as a center left leaning feminist, but to actually go there, you are quite possibly the most hysterical, pathetic manchild on this website

What you've just said, is like some right-wing anti feminist saying feminist men are only feminist because they want to brown nose their way into having sex.
    Actually you're wrong - so far wrong.
    Take the case of Elliot Rodger as a prime example - involved in all sorts of men's rights and anti-women activity and ended up shooting several - all because he couldn't get a girl.

Most bitter attitudes towards women are from men who have no success with them and are bitter because of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by demx9)
    The 2 co-founders of the WEeP

Hahahaha

ReputationRep:
    Actually you're wrong - so far wrong.
    Take the case of Elliot Rodger as a prime example - involved in all sorts of men's rights and anti-women activity and ended up shooting several - all because he couldn't get a girl.

Most bitter attitudes towards women are from men who have no success with them and are bitter because of it.
    Elliot Rodger wasn't exactly an example of a machismo male chauvinist...

ReputationRep:
    Elliot Rodger wasn't exactly an example of a machismo male chauvinist...
    He's an example of someone who couldn't get a girl and became bitter about it.

From what I have seen, most (but not all) of men who are bitter towards women have very little to no success with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freyjaeve)
    Some of you may know, there's a brand new political party aiming for total equality in the UK. They are not only trying to make the country better for women (although that is a key part of it) but also for men, people who are BAME, LGBT and basically everyone!

Their policies document can be found here, I'm really interested as a founding member to see what you all think.
    A feminazi party is the closest thing to fascism we have had in this country

ReputationRep:
    He's an example of someone who couldn't get a girl and became bitter about it.

From what I have seen, most (but not all) of men who are bitter towards women have very little to no success with them.
    I agree with the second part, but this has no real relevance to feminism or politics.

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see someone else involved! Exactly, this is what we need to stop!
    Free speech?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gears265)
    A feminazi party is the closest thing to fascism we have had in this country
    Your use of the term feminazi shows just how little you understand about the party or feminism in general.

ReputationRep:
    Your use of the term feminazi shows just how little you understand about the party or feminism in general.
    I understand feminazis want air con out of the work place. Therefore they are my enemy. Try wearing a suit in the beating hot sun when you got a chance

ReputationRep:

What you've just said, is like some right-wing anti feminist saying feminist men are only feminist because they want to brown nose their way into having sex, it's just childish to turn the discussion into who has sex and who is or is not a virgin.
    *Inserts sassy black female expressions of approval*

ReputationRep:
    Then explain it and give a summary of your positions, instead of shifting the onus onto others. People don't have the time and attention span to read all the literature to be influenced by the opinions others, and if you're just going to sit around and tell people who disagree with you to agree with you without explaining things and engaging them in meaningful dialogue, then I'm sorry, but you're not going to go very far in attaining your goals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    Then explain it and give a summary of your positions, instead of shifting the onus onto others. People don't have the time and attention span to read all the literature to be influenced by the opinions others, and if you're just going to sit around and tell people who disagree with you to agree with you without explaining things and engaging them in meaningful dialogue, then I'm sorry, but you're not going to go very far in attaining your goals.
    Debate is just another tool of patriarchal oppression, how dare you question a real woman's lived reality you pig.

ReputationRep:
    *Inserts sassy black female expressions of approval*
    mmhmmmm

ReputationRep:
    Sorry- did you just say "I can't be bothered to go learn about what I'm arguing about, so it's your responsibility to teach me (in the full knowledge that I am most likely predisposed to disagree with your premises) before I engage with you?" How do you expect to learn ANYTHING, mate? This is a student forum!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.