Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Define Muslim? dont google it :P watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)
    I hate this victim complex.

Europe is suffering a crime and in particular rape epidemic in Sweden and more recently Germany
    http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/5195/sweden-rape
    http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/66...ant-crime-wave

Not even schoolchildren are safe
    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015...slim-refugees/

Its prions are filling up in huge numbers
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...s-prisons.html

It is seeing no go areas in their hundreds
    http://swedenreport.org/2015/05/18/p...nes-in-sweden/

I could go on for hours. But despite what Europe is being subjected to, you stil have this victim complex? You STILL can't see why people may hold such views? Perhaps because said culture is wreaking havoc and turning parts of Europe into hell?
    I think you missed the point of the thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muhammad Shehzar)
    Those suicide bombers have no relationship with muslims. Infact, its th biggst sin commiting suicide in islam. And people who do this sin, how can they be muslims..
    I never said they are. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    I think you missed the point of the thread.
    I'm sorry, I'm just calling out this victim complex for what it is; a lie. EUROPE is the victim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)
    I'm sorry, I'm just calling out this victim complex for what it is; a lie. EUROPE is the victim.
    We are talking about TSR here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stressedstudentx)
    I am not Muslim. But the ones I met are normal just like me excluding the head scarfs. Muslims are people like us.
    Now someone please help me!!!

Basically I failed AS and got ACCD. I am soooooooo stressed out. My university course requires ABB.

I got a D in geography and was wondering if i just should not revise for it because I only need three qualifications.

Can I bring my ACCD up to a A B B D/C. my predicted grades are still ACCD do you think I can convince my teachers to bring the 2 Cs up to a B as I was close in both subjects... 7 marks away from a B. Btw I am retaking and I have 11 AS and A2 exams in the summer Will I cope?

Or shall I just not retake geography? But I am scared if I go well in A2 and then it is brought down my my AS grade. I am worried my retakes will effect my A2 performance. It all messed up.. PLEASE HELP I am the most stresses out person ever. I am in a horrible position after my great gcse results I feel like I have let everyone including my self down. I cant enjoy life any more as getting into the university I want and getting ABB is taking over my mind.

HELP PLEASE AS I AM LOSING THE WILL TO LIVE.
    So have u ever think of being muslim. it will give ur life much more relief.. btw sorry I cant help u with ur AS as as I m also doing AS. I have no idea about it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperion)
    I never said they are. :laugh:
    lol.. dont even say that

ReputationRep:
    lol.. dont even say that
    Do you not know what 'Inb4' means? :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    Do you not know what 'Inb4' means? :indiff:
    nope... do u know???

ReputationRep:
    You complain about Islamophobia and then you make a thread like this onto which it's inevitable that the wingnuts are going to come and make Islamophobic comments :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Those suicide bombers have no relationship with muslims
    What do you mean they have no relationship with Muslims? They are Muslims. The fact they commit an act of which you disapprove or think sinful doesn't mean they are not Muslims, unless you are choosing to declare takfir (and you know the punishment if you are wrong about that).

They worship Allah, they follow the Quran. They are Muslims. In fact, they try to follow exactly how the prophet lived as closely as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Muslim is the one who submits to the will of God.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    You complain about Islamophobia and then you make a thread like this onto which it's inevitable that the wingnuts are going to come and make Islamophobic comments :facepalm:
    Islamophobia = criticism of Islam's record on gay rights?

Islamophobia = rejection of Islam's views on women?

Islamophobia = concern as to the Muslim community's reactionary views?

Islamophobia = sadness re level of violent by Muslims against other peoples?

ReputationRep:
    nope... do u know???
    Inb4 = In before...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SignFromDog)
    What do you mean they have no relationship with Muslims? They are Muslims. The fact they commit an act of which you disapprove or think sinful doesn't mean they are not Muslims, unless you are choosing to declare takfir (and you know the punishment if you are wrong about that).

They worship Allah, they follow the Quran. They are Muslims. In fact, they try to follow exactly how the prophet lived as closely as possible.
    If they follow the Quran and sunnah, can you tell me where in the Quran or hadith it permits suicide?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    If they follow the Quran and sunnah, can you tell me where in the Quran or hadith it permits suicide?
    Let's reason this by analogy. Say you are a soldier in an Islamic army of the 7th century. You are fighting a vicious battle against some pagans, and they are getting the upper hand, Your commander summons you and some of the strongest, bravest troops, and asks you to form a unit to flank the enemy and attack their general and his retinue.

There is no question that you will all perish in this assault because you will be charging into the most heavily armed and best trained section of their army , but it will distract the enemy sufficiently that your own army will be able to get the upper hand and win the day.

Would that be suicide? You will have gone into a situation where your death is guaranteed. But I don't think any Islamic scholar would say you are committing suicide in the conventional sense; you are sacrificing your life to attack the enemy, and in so doing becoming a martyr.

I would argue you can apply the same reasoning to suicide bombers. Or rather, I would argue this is the reasoning that is applied to suicide bombers and it is internally consistent within Islamic religious cosmology (for want of a better word... it is consistent with other principles within the Islamic religious universe)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sana_malik)
    i've been on TSR for almost 2 weeks and when i look at the threads everything is anit-islamic etc. cause of the peeep going on in the middle east.

Dont google it...... i wanna know what your definition of a Muslim is
    I thought it was a person who follows Islam. Shoot, did the definition change again or something? Because, I'm pretty sure it's a religious term not a race nor a nationality or is it really one of those.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    not complaining just looked through the threads and never got an exact idea on what people define a muslim as hence the thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firenze26)
    I thought it was a person who follows Islam. Shoot, did the definition change again or something? Because, I'm pretty sure it's a religious term not a race nor a nationality or is it really one of those.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar

no the definition of a Muslim did not change and hasnt ever been changed ............ i asked for YOUR DEFINITION not thedefinition given to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sana_malik)
    i've been on TSR for almost 2 weeks and when i look at the threads everything is anit-islamic etc. cause of the peeep going on in the middle east.

Dont google it...... i wanna know what your definition of a Muslim is
    A person that follows Islam?

I have seen many muslims say a gay person that follows Islam and is Muslim is NOT A MUSLIM though

ReputationRep:
    Inb4 suicide bomber
    LOLOLOL!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.