Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Which university should be my first choice? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Which one should be my first choice?
    Results hidden until poll closes.

ReputationRep:
    Brighton is a fun place. I'd definitely choose that if it did the course I need.....it seems definitely the best out of the other towns

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiloujess)
    I hope you can make the right decision I've already chosen mine
    What is yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElizabethAde)
    What is yours?
    Cardiff first choice, Aberystwyth second I have both offers so I'm ecstatic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiloujess)
    Cardiff first choice, Aberystwyth second I have both offers so I'm ecstatic
    That's great! What course will you study?

ReputationRep:
    That's great! What course will you study?
    At Cardiff it's Social Analytics and Politics (or Politics and Sociology which I've also applied to but haven't got an offer for yet, but I prefer the first one) and at Aberystwyth it's International Politics and Intelligence Studies.

I've also applied to Birmingham and Swansea.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    We can't make this decision OP, only you can! I'm not going to impose my, most likely biased and different, idea of which you should go for because I'm not you, I don't know anything about your preferences or your personality.

Crowd sourcing a personal decision isn't a good idea.

Best of luck with your choices.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    We can't make this decision OP, only you can! I'm not going to impose my, most likely biased and different, idea of which you should go for because I'm not you, I don't know anything about your preferences or your personality.

Crowd sourcing a personal decision isn't a good idea.

Best of luck with your choices.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you for your advice! I understand your point, and you have raised very interesting points. I have a brief idea of what I want, but I just want other opinions and see if they match mine.

ReputationRep:
    Northampton is criminally underrated for Accounting and Finance, I'm doing this course too and will be putting this option down. The amount of people that leave with a first and upper second is incredible, plus student satisfaction is high, and graduate opportunities and salaries just as competitive as anywhere else. I would avoid Brighton, they're asking for higher grades that others yet they perform poorer than their rivals in every aspect of (THIS COURSE)

Ps, would you pm me the results so far as I'm also going to do accounting and finance, predicted 300 points. I have heard DMU is good too, however a lot of people do complain about no one talking to each other there and poor feedback on essays ect, but I guess this happens in a lot of places. My sister goes there for Pharmacy so I've been a few times and it's ok but you do have better options on that list of yours.
    I'm not really sure how BTECS work, but could you still apply to Leicester with those grades? This is a very solid university for the course, and really should be RG tbh. The ask for ABB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexp98)
    Northampton is criminally underrated for Accounting and Finance, I'm doing this course too and will be putting this option down. The amount of people that leave with a first and upper second is incredible, plus student satisfaction is high, and graduate opportunities and salaries just as competitive as anywhere else. I would avoid Brighton, they're asking for higher grades that others yet they perform poorer than their rivals in every aspect of (THIS COURSE)

Ps, would you pm me the results so far as I'm also going to do accounting and finance, predicted 300 points. I have heard DMU is good too, however a lot of people do complain about no one talking to each other there and poor feedback on essays ect, but I guess this happens in a lot of places. My sister goes there for Pharmacy so I've been a few times and it's ok but you do have better options on that list of yours.
    I'm not really sure how BTECS work, but could you still apply to Leicester with those grades? This is a very solid university for the course, and really should be RG tbh. The ask for ABB
    They accept BTECS at the universities I listed up there! Your advise is really helpful...also we can be buddies since we want to do the same course. I will definitely pm you the results. Have you sent your application off?

ReputationRep:
    They accept BTECS at the universities I listed up there! Your advise is really helpful...also we can be buddies since we want to do the same course. I will definitely pm you the results. Have you sent your application off?
    Not yet, my button date from school is November 23rd. My PS is done and everything else too so now I'm just narrowing down the list of the 5 Uni's then I'm done I've done lots of research and my Dad is an accountant too so I'll be able to help you!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.