Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am not a bad person but I hope anyone who engages in such a stupid game fails or does appallingly in their exam ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JW22)
    If you do A Level Maths in a year, by the end of the year when the C1 Maths exam comes around I would imagine C1 would be a breeze so it's definitely possible. I wouldn't do it but it sounds like a laugh if you're confident enough
    that is so true!! moving onto C3/4 or FP3/4 you realise its a breath of fresh air going back and revising C1 :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAre Teh Lejend)
    Back when I did the C1 exam 5 years ago I completed it in 20minutes and got 100ums. To add to this, I did it in year 10.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    Actually, this is me.

Name:  12079115_756184834513661_6324227637709533770_n.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  28.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAre Teh Lejend)
    Actually, this is me.

Name:  12079115_756184834513661_6324227637709533770_n.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  28.1 KB
    Nice to meet you

... and this is me and my brother ...

I hope to meet the rest of the family.
    Attached Images

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Well, that's idiotic. The fastest time I've completed a C1 paper is in 20 minutes, but I still use the full 1.5 hours. Who are these people trying to impress?

ReputationRep:
    Never heard of it. Not that I'd want to.
    I did my C1 exam this summer, and I rushed through it, thinking "oh yeah this is easy", only to go back and see that I've made countless silly mistakes! Luckily, I managed to correct them, but if I did something like this C1 chicken, I would have gotten way lower marks than I actually did. Just because you can complete a C1 paper in 15 minutes doesn't mean you should.

ReputationRep:
    I feel I could have done it that quickly? I'm a bit of a neat freak though, so I spent about an hour doing it and making all the answers look nice

I did the paper in 3.14 seconds to 2 d.p., spent another 2.70 seconds to check it, then spent the rest of the time drawing an impressive chicken on one of the many empty pages. I think that chicken earned me my high UMS.

ReputationRep:
    Holy **** this is so funny. I feel like entering myself into C1 again this year so I can try this with my friend.

ReputationRep:
    People actually do this...
    on second thoughts its probably those kids who want to do medicine and are sooooo much better than everyone else because they want to do medicine...

ReputationRep:
    PsychTrash We could do this with M1. M1 Chicken :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeCroissant)
    PsychTrash We could do this with M1. M1 Chicken :rofl:
    I'm going to do this with C3, no joke. Maybe M1 too, got to live life on the edge!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 21, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.