Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why is it so hard not to get feelinga for girls watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I used to do this when I was younger but then when I was about 17 I reached a level of hopelessness whereby I simply don't care ever getting a girlfriend or falling in love or all that rubbish

I don't recommend it though....

(Original post by John55)
    I used to do this when I was younger but then when I was about 17 I reached a level of hopelessness whereby I simply don't care ever getting a girlfriend or falling in love or all that rubbish

I don't recommend it though....
    Im 18 now and would really really like to be able to experience having a girlfriend before school ends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Sometimes I feel so lucky to be asexual :lol:
    Hmmm. I've wished I was many times in my pursuit for ultimate objectivity.

But flirting is fun and I can only imagine proper romance is just heaven <3

ReputationRep:
    You're basically in serious need of love and attention from a woman that's why...

This is what you need to do:

Distract yourself. Don’t let these girls control your mind...whenever you catch yourself thinking about them, you need to try and push the thoughts away, don't dwell on them because the more you think about them the more your infatuation will grow...keep yourself distracted with new activities that need your attention and each time you feel lonely or idle, think about something else that makes you happy or get up and do something to distract yourself.

Don’t be a stalker. As satisfying as it feels to stay updated on these girls' private lives, avoid opening their facebook/instagram/twitter page every hour to see if they’ve been up to anything new....the more you obsess over them the harder it'll be to get over them...try to limit the number of times you stalk them on social media every day, so that eventually you can start to completely ignore them.

Tbh it's not hard at all once you realise you need to grow up and quit being infatuated with every girl that talks to you because there really is nothing special about all these girls you fancy, it's just you.

ReputationRep:
    Dear god, you're desperate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Im 18 now and would really really like to be able to experience having a girlfriend before school ends
    There's not really much you can do about it, I had a friend at school who was pretty awkward, barely spoke to girls, but just happened to meet someone who he really got along with, it's just luck and since you can't just magically make it happen, there's no point in dwelling on it and thinking stuff like 'I've got to get a girlfriend before the end of school' etc.

ReputationRep:
    what kind of feelings, tingly ones, in your p****?

(Original post by selfteaching)
    what kind of feelings, tingly ones, in your p****?
    Not in this case. These are more giddy butterflies feelings in my heart and ovsessing over them 24/7. I do get sexual feelings as well but not towards any of my crushes since I tend to not have crushes on high sex appeal girls I prefer cute nerdy girls

ReputationRep:
    Ive not been with any girl
    Knew it.

(Original post by Shadez)
    and how does one "harden himself"?
    Experience.

ReputationRep:
    Ive not been with any girl
    I think we're all like this when we're young hump machines, get with a girl or two and you'll be brought back to earth. I of course am still a young hump machine tho.

(Original post by Tom78)
    I think we're all like this when we're young hump machines, get with a girl or two and you'll be brought back to earth. I of course am still a young hump machine tho.
    But I wanna feel loved

ReputationRep:
    But I wanna feel loved
    The only women you need for that is your Momma. You don't wanna go head over heels for the first girl you pull.

ReputationRep:
    maybe because your transgender?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 27, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.