Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Have you ever found unexpected money? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    A tenner at cinema. Lucky day, got extra popcorn.

Then there was one time some lady with a pram and a van claimed a 20 on the floor was hers whilst I was walking by.

She said, "no that's mine."

I gave it to her but I shouldn't have, lucky I have respect for old women and single mums.

ReputationRep:
    YEESSSSSSSS!! £42.92 cleaning out my old bags and pockets. Best day of my life so far!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    YEESSSSSSSS!! £42.92 cleaning out my old bags and pockets. Best day of my life so far!
    Did you buy a book with that money lol ?

ReputationRep:
    Found a £50 note on the bus. I felt so accomplished with life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    1.3 million views => £200 ?!

That's a CPM of around $0.25 but YouTube is normally around $1.00 - $1.25. Really poor income on that one.
    Everyone has adblock nowadays otherwise it would be a lot higher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Animagus)
    A tenner at cinema. Lucky day, got extra popcorn.

Then there was one time some lady with a pram and a van claimed a 20 on the floor was hers whilst I was walking by.

She said, "no that's mine."

I gave it to her but I shouldn't have, lucky I have respect for old women and single mums.
    You should have told her she's too old to be having babies!

ReputationRep:
    You should have told her she's too old to be having babies!
    She coulda been the nan. Idk. Just saw a woman at the supermarket struggling with her bags and small children running around, looking windblown and stressed, and I decided whether it's hers or not let her have it. Wouldn't you?

ReputationRep:
    Found £50 on my desk after a guy I slept with left. I think there may have been a misunderstanding.

ReputationRep:
    Did you buy a book with that money lol ?
    Actually, I was planning on going book shopping later this week and taking out £20 :mmm: but I might ask my mum for an extra £20.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the one losing all this money

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, there was an extra £600 quid in the house rent account after we had finished paying rent for our old place. Was a pain in the arse having to make a spreadsheet and go through payments. But it turned out both me and another flatmate had double paid rent one month by accident so we have an extra £300 in our pockets. No idea how I didn't notice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    Found £50 on my desk after a guy I slept with left. I think there may have been a misunderstanding.
    Id have been insulted at only £50.

ReputationRep:
    £10 on the floor once. That's it.

ReputationRep:
    i found £110 on my doorstep a couple of years ago.
    Picked it up, knocked on neighbours doors and asked if they dropped any money. no one said they had so i kept it - gave half to mum and spent the rest on a bag i had been eyeing up

ReputationRep:
    I mean like a anything... An unexpected bonus, finding a £5 note on the bus, winning a prize, contest, raffle, lottery etc

I got an enormous surprise when the HMRC sent me £800 I tax I had overpaid. I didn't even apply for this or anything, it just said..."you have overpaid tax, we worked it out, here's £800".
    Only capital? Or anything? I did find an iphone that someone left behind on the tube on Saturday. I called him just before he left and gave his phone to him. I also found an oyster card on my way home on Sunday. I was going to hand it in to a tube station the next day as that is what is says you should do on the back of the oyster card but I lost it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stochasticking)
    Only capital? Or anything? I did find an iphone that someone left behind on the tube on Saturday. I called him just before he left and gave his phone to him. I also found an oyster card on my way home on Sunday. I was going to hand it in to a tube station the next day as that is what is says you should do on the back of the oyster card but I lost it
    On PAYE apparently. On wages.

You're a good soul, I just keep things.

ReputationRep:
    On PAYE apparently. On wages.

You're a good soul, I just keep things.
    sweet! Sounds like a monopoly card lol

Cheers. Someone did the exact same thing to me when I lost my iphone last month, but went through a lot more effort to have my phone returned. Even more so now I would never think to keep anything, even If I found £20 on the floor,

ReputationRep:
    I mean like a anything... An unexpected bonus, finding a £5 note on the bus, winning a prize, contest, raffle, lottery etc

I got an enormous surprise when the HMRC sent me £800 I tax I had overpaid. I didn't even apply for this or anything, it just said..."you have overpaid tax, we worked it out, here's £800".
    Lucky you.I had unexpected bills but had never unexpected money

ReputationRep:
    tenner on the street, gave it to charity

ReputationRep:
    Yep I found and extra £250 in my account this afternoon - cash back on my new mortgage deal I forgot I had coming.

Doesn't quite make up for being old as **** tho.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.