Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

TorpidPhil Bored and Lonely again - AMA or PM me! watch

ReputationRep:
    anyone seen spectre yet?

ReputationRep:
    where are you from

ReputationRep:
    Well, i was going to say 'hello phil, if you fancy a chat any time let me know' but i stared at it for 5 mins or so then realised i'm not very good at conversations and im kinda boring so we'll scratch that. But if there is anything i can do to help when your feeling down let me know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Yeah. For sure. I can't handle events with large amounts of stimulation or I get really overwhelmed and just want to run away. So I can't do house parties. Or clubs. Or anything like that. God, I hate lectures as it is. All the muffled noise drives me mad. I'm not shy though. So it's not like I can help that.
    Ah I see.. I completely understand, I was the same like a year ago. Funnily, I made a few changes and went from a total introvert to a semi one you should start from small steps and then see how it goes from there. It's totally curable, so don't lose hope!

ReputationRep:
    Can I hear your scottish highland/Irish accent again? it intrigues me

I am going to the highlands next year!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. For sure. I can't handle events with large amounts of stimulation or I get really overwhelmed and just want to run away. So I can't do house parties. Or clubs. Or anything like that. God, I hate lectures as it is. All the muffled noise drives me mad. I'm not shy though. So it's not like I can help that.

Studying from home. Not asking explicitly for people's contact details. Not enjoying high-sensitivity-social-events and any event based around alcohol.

Who's there?
    you tried going to a house party and just staying in the kitchen or garden with the rest of the people that just want to stand there talking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuki)
    Glad you like it
    Oh of course Tobias Hope you didn't suck on to many bananas though :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    Ah I see.. I completely understand, I was the same like a year ago. Funnily, I made a few changes and went from a total introvert to a semi one you should start from small steps and then see how it goes from there. It's totally curable, so don't lose hope!
    No, I fear you don't understand. I'm not shy. Psychological sensitivity is not a disease and it cannot be cured. My introversion is something that is, but there are plenty of introverts with lots of friends. It is not that as to why I lack them. I used to have many acquaintences when I was younger and more insecure and less open and honest. When I realised what I really am like and became more open and honest I lost my friends and never gained news ones and that makes me feel terrible about myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    you tried going to a house party and just staying in the kitchen or garden with the rest of the people that just want to stand there talking?
    A conversation with 4 people is too much for me. I just can't stand it. It can rarely achieve enough depth to be tolerable and is only bearable with drugs - something I refuse to use.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proxenus)
    where are you from
    Leeeeds.

ReputationRep:
    No, I fear you don't understand. I'm not shy. Psychological sensitivity is not a disease and it cannot be cured. My introversion is something that is, but there are plenty of introverts with lots of friends. It is not that as to why I lack them. I used to have many acquaintences when I was younger and more insecure and less open and honest. When I realised what I really am like and became more open and honest I lost my friends and never gained news ones and that makes me feel terrible about myself
    So I dont understand why you didn't make any new ones? Friends come and go, happens to everyone. But theres for sure someone out there to whom you can relate to.. You said honest, what do you mean by that? Maybe you went overboard and hurt their feelings?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamirac)
    Seems like you had a productive day What do you learn in Philosophy? It's an intriguing subject.

Good of you to make someone smile. Happy world.

TSR has become a bad addiction of mine. It's terrible. I probably will too :lol:
    Eh it wasn't bad. Got a bit done :P I mostly focus on ethics, metaphysics and the philosophy of science but it is an absurdly varied subject. So that's, respectively and very broadly, looking at what is the nature of good and bad and how can we act good/bad and thus how ought we act and not act? What is the nature of reality - what constitutes reality, how ought we view it, catergorise it and understand it? And then what is science, what is the best way for science to operate? When is using science optimal compared to other methods of enquiry, what are the bounds of science and so on...

I just wish people I meet IRL could make me smile At least... Gah. It's always so transient and unreliable. meh meh meh.

Hmm. I need TSR tbh or I'd go totally cookoo or worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    anyone seen spectre yet?
    It's out already o.o?

ReputationRep:
    A conversation with 4 people is too much for me. I just can't stand it. It can rarely achieve enough depth to be tolerable and is only bearable with drugs - something I refuse to use.
    tbh the deepest conversations usually come out of drunk people because they always start talking about their feelings etc. And conversations aren't always between alot of people. You can just find someone on their own and just start talking to em one on one.

I have similar problems btw (not as severe though). I always feel like running away after talking to people for a few seconds lmao. But it works to my advantage I guess because I meet more people and everyone knows who I am. And I've been working extremely hard to fix this as well because it used to be quite bad and I'd never leave the house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    So I dont understand why you didn't make any new ones? Friends come and go, happens to everyone. But theres for sure someone out there to whom you can relate to.. You said honest, what do you mean by that? Maybe you went overboard and hurt their feelings?
    They weren't friends in the first place. They were just mates. I never trusted any of them. I never shared any important life details with them. Never would go out and do something meaningful with one or two of them, only loiter about with the whole crew. Just bull****. Waste of time. I had to maintain a facade the whole time I spent time with them. But in high school I got on with literally everyone. But somehow I didn't care back then. Maybe I had no ambition or life goals set out so I just sort of drifted along meaningless. I try to keep myself on track now and it puts others off and... I dunno I just having been able to make any new friends at university. But I am not interested in mates. I want friends.

ReputationRep:
    Leeeeds.
    you should have went to leeds uni

leeds + met have highest eye candy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Oh of course Tobias Hope you didn't suck on too many bananas though :teehee:
    Ohh, believe me Bertha, I had plenty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proxenus)
    you should have went to leeds uni

leeds + met have highest eye candy
    I'm at Leeds uni lol... highest student population in the UK but I talk to nobody outside of uni classes/lectures

And they call it Leeds Beckett now not the met for some reason 0_o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    tbh the deepest conversations usually come out of drunk people because they always start talking about their feelings etc. And conversations aren't always between alot of people. You can just find someone on their own and just start talking to em one on one.

I have similar problems btw (not as severe though). I always feel like running away after talking to people for a few seconds lmao. But it works to my advantage I guess because I meet more people and everyone knows who I am.
    :|

What?

No. Not sure what your meaning of deep is, but no. Talking to a drunk person while sober is as productive as smashing your head into a wall.

I can talk to an individual for all eternity though analysing bloody everything they do without getting bored providing they could keep up. And I mean, I don't press them. I understand people won't be able to keep up with that sort of deep conversation for as long as me. But most people just don't even try in the first place damnit!

ReputationRep:
    :|

What?

No. Not sure what your meaning of deep is, but no. Talking to a drunk person while sober is as productive as smashing your head into a wall.

I can talk to an individual for all eternity though analysing bloody everything they do without getting bored providing they could keep up. And I mean, I don't press them. I understand people won't be able to keep up with that sort of deep conversation for as long as me. But most people just don't even try in the first place damnit!
    what's your definition of a deep conversation then? lol. And there are different levels of drunk btw. As in someone might have just had a few sips of alcohol and just became less shy and more talkative.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 27, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.