x Turn on thread page Beta

PL Live: Chelsea v Liverpool 31/10 watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Can't wait for the match!!! Liverpool has got a decent XII against a slightly weaker Chelsea team with Oscar, D Costa, Willian and Hazard the main threats against #LFC defense. I predict a win for #LFC especially with Chelsea's current form this season.

ReputationRep:
    Pleased that we've gone with Firmino up front tbh. Origi has been struggle whereas Firmino is finding some form and the balls sticks to him better. We won't see as much of the ball up front so need an out and out striker less. Firmino will press well high up the pitch too.

Chelsea look set up not to lose? But then you can't ignore Hazard/Costa's quality and you know someone random like Ramires, Zouma or Willian will score against us.

ReputationRep:
    The Shed End Mikel comes in and we lose most of the time. When Mikel starts we generally lose unless it is the league cup/FA cup.

9MmBulletz Pretty much, I don't get why we play like a small team either. I get his ****ing system but it would be sorted if we just played the wingers higher up. In general when our goals are scored in open play it is because we press high up the pitch and force mistakes to unsettled defences. It gets you so many cheap goals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nichrome)
    Can't see Liverpool conceding. Mikel and Ramires midfield, Azpi/Zouma as LB and RB. Guess Chelsea are just going to try for a bus park.
    Really?
    (Original post by jam277)
    The Shed End Mikel comes in and we lose most of the time. When Mikel starts we generally lose unless it is the league cup/FA cup. 9MmBulletz Pretty much, I don't get why we play like a small team either. I get his ****ing system but it would be sorted if we just played the wingers higher up.
    Aw haha, sorry about that Jam! Should probably put up a post 5 mins before locking the team threads

ReputationRep:
    Was gonna post this on the Chelsea thread but it got locked...

(disclaimer: written for Chelsea fans):

Before this game I was fully backing Mourinho because we had invested a lot of money and players (i.e. selling top ones like Mata and KdB) so I didn't want it to be all for nothing. But this line-up was a stark reminder of everything I hate about Mourinho. The guy just so damn f**king negative. He literally sucks the fun out of watching Chelsea with his weak ass lineups and negative tactics.

The worst thing is that we're quite clearly capable of more as the first half of last season showed, but with Jose, at the first sign of a difficult game or period it's straight back to the low block, attack with four players and conservative fullbacks and midfield tactics.

We want him to be our long term manager but they guy can't see past the next game. Everything is do or die for him. How can we expect him to develop our side if he never takes risks to try and improve our playing style or blood youngsters in meaningful situations? The guy is a short term manager and always will be. It was a mistake thinking he'd ever be anything else.

ReputationRep:
    Expect a parked bus, starting Mikel means Mourinho is going for a draw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by looseseal)
    Was gonna post this on the Chelsea thread but it got locked...

(disclaimer: written for Chelsea fans):

Before this game I was fully backng Mourinho because we had invested a lot of money and players (i.e. selling top ones like Mata and KdB) so I didn't want it to be all for nothing. But this line-up was a stark reminder of everything I hate about Mourinho. The guy just so damn f**king negative. He literally sucks the fun out of watching Chelsea with his weak ass lineups and negative tactics.

The worst thing is that we're quite clearly capable of more as the first half of last season showed, but with Jose, at the first sign of a difficult game or period it's straight back to the low block, attack with four players and conservative fullbacks and midfield tactics.

We want him to be our long term manager but they guy can't see past the next game. Everything is do or die for him. How can we expect him to develop our side if he never takes risks to try and improve our playing style or blood youngsters in meaningful situations? The guy is a short term manager and always will be. It was a mistake thinking he'd ever be anything else.
    Ok, so pretty much this, but I had said this for ages.

**** this guy. Then he plays the youngsters when we are losing a game and the tie is basically over or at a few end of season games.

Tbf the good thing about the lineup though is that Fabregas can come on and change the game, this is where I feel he is most suitable in big games under Mourinho(e.g. vs Everton at home last season)

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so pretty much this, but I had said this for ages.

**** this guy. Then he plays the youngsters when we are losing a game and the tie is basically over or at a few end of season games.
    Check this article out:

http://www.espnfc.com/barclays-premi...otion-of-youth

He is literally one of the worst top-level managers out there when it comes to utilising youth players.

ReputationRep:
    James Milner. Liverpool Captain.

Let that sink in.

ReputationRep:
    The Mourinho leaving party begins LADS #ByebyeMourinho

ReputationRep:
    Can't see us getting anything here.

I just can't get over the fact that regardless of how bad Chelsea are, we're playing a mourinho side and we simply don't beat this guy in recent years.
    Add that to the fact that although it's nice to give Firmino a chance, he's actually never scored for us and we struggle to do so regardless.
    I dunno, just feel like people are seriously writing Chelsea off when this has 1-0 Mourinho special written all over it.

ReputationRep:
    How fitting for Halloween for Chelsea to play a gargoyle... oh wait that's Diego Costa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by looseseal)
    Check this article out:

http://www.espnfc.com/barclays-premi...otion-of-youth

He is literally one of the worst top-level managers out there when it comes to utilising youth players.
    Yes but tbf so was Carlo Ancelotti and he spent 8 years at Milan which is more than enough time to blood in youngsters. Jose's record with youth ain't great though and is very short term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubzeh)
    James Milner. Liverpool Captain.

Let that sink in.
    He's one of the most experienced players in a young Liverpool side and a true professional. I'm not surprised that he's been given the armband. Let's not forget that Henderson is the main captain and Milner was vice under Rodgers. I think Klopp just hasn't changed anything drastic so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    How fitting for Halloween for Chelsea to play a gargoyle... oh wait that's Diego Costa.
    hahahahaha

ReputationRep:
    Mikel already lost the ball despite having time and space.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but tbf so was Carlo Ancelotti and he spent 8 years at Milan which is more than enough time to blood in youngsters. Jose's record with youth ain't great though and is very short term.
    True, but that's only really relevant if we had hired or were looking to hire Ancelotti in the view of him being a long term (i.e. 5 years+) manager. Mourinho was specifically hired to be that for us and judging by his track record we were mad to think that would ever become a reality.

ReputationRep:
    That didn't take long

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    That was obviously gonna happen.
    Very poor defending - Costa's back heel couldn't have been more obvious.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 31, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.