Continue with no change
    56.67%
    Remove all members appointed before October 2010
    43.33%

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    thehistorybore Don't worry, we'll make it next time and then every glorious Conservative will be The Right Honourable.

It was my understanding that we should only list active members. There would be many more if we were to include the inactive ones.

Actually, another active member, and no less than a former PM, is Indievertigo.
    So be it my fault for taking a summer recess!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PetrosAC So I'm basically in the PC for being a ****ty Liberal leader and a ****ty DPM? Wow. I should have become involved in the house a lot sooner! The Rt. Hon Lady Airmed, MHoC Empress, PC is nice.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Airmed)
    PetrosAC So I'm basically in the PC for being a ****ty Liberal leader and a ****ty DPM? Wow. I should have become involved in the house a lot sooner! The Rt. Hon Lady Airmed, MHoC Empress, PC is nice.
    And for SoS for Education

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    And for SoS for Education

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Didn't release a bill though, so I don't count it personally
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Didn't release a bill though, so I don't count it personally
    Fair enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We could possibly limit it to the Great offices?
    That would be better than the free for all but if we look at the privy council as giving credit to impressive government members then Krollo for example did his most active work as Sos for Education a few terms ago while the last foreign Sec did nothing.

We should have the PM, DPM (and any junior coalition party leader) and Chancellor as default but afterward we should perhaps have government ministers who actually bother to author a bill or if we really wanted to be harsh, restrict it to those who issue a departmental report.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    That would be better than the free for all but if we look at the privy council as giving credit to impressive government members then Krollo for example did his most active work as Sos for Education a few terms ago while the last foreign Sec did nothing.

We should have the PM, DPM (and any junior coalition party leader) and Chancellor as default but afterward we should perhaps have government ministers who actually bother to author a bill or if we really wanted to be harsh, restrict it to those who issue a departmental report.
    I'd support all great offices + any member(s) that has/have done exceptionally well that term.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster

Technically all departments are ment to submit a report according to the GD so I would support that.

But I would want it to be all great offices.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    ...we should perhaps have government ministers who actually bother to author a bill or if we really wanted to be harsh, restrict it to those who issue a departmental report.
    Surely it's better to produce legislation actually doing things than a report saying what you're going to do?

ReputationRep:
    I think we will need to introduce legislation/guidance notes if we are to change the way to gain PC membership from real-life.

And this doesn't affect me either way, since as a Secretary of State after 2010 still active I have produced both legislation and a report.

ReputationRep:
    I voted for the remove pre 2010 members option. In TSR MHofC land time this means all those appointed in the last 50 years will remain as members, given a Parliament is six months.

ReputationRep:
    I'd support something along the lines of great offices, and also something along the lines of still active e.g. posted in the past 3/6 months if only to stop the list and the PC becoming more meaningless than it already it is...

ReputationRep:
    I'd support all great offices + any member(s) that has/have done exceptionally well that term.
    (Original post by Aph)
    Technically all departments are ment to submit a report according to the GD so I would support that.

But I would want it to be all great offices.
    How about each term we go.. PM, Chancellor, Foreign, Home plus each coalition party leader not in that and 1 member from each coalition party. In a 3 party coalition we'd only likely be adding 7 which seems a good number.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    How about each term we go.. PM, Chancellor, Foreign, Home plus each coalition party leader not in that and 1 member from each coalition party. In a 3 party coalition we'd only likely be adding 7 which seems a good number.
    I'd back this
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Sounds good. If indies count as a party leader that is.

Are we assuming that the leaders appoint the other member of the PC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indievertigo)
    I'd support something along the lines of great offices, and also something along the lines of still active e.g. posted in the past 3/6 months, if only to stop the list and the PC becoming more meaningless than it already it is...
    Mwahaha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I'd support this and ask the Speaker Birchington to consider implementing it quickly. The vast majority of active (and formerly active) Labourites are otherwise PCs and it's take a while to go back and uncover them all. This would be a simpler solution if the Speaker actually wants a comprehensive list.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    I'd support this and ask the Speaker Birchington to consider implementing it quickly. The vast majority of active (and formerly active) Labourites are otherwise PCs and it's take a while to go back and uncover them all. This would be a simpler solution if the Speaker actually wants a comprehensive list.
    Rakas has proposed a good solution and I'll certainly implement this if people want. I will await the result of the poll above which will decide if we have a clear-out of old members.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Now the poll has concluded, I will update the privy council list for this Parliament as proposed by Rakas. I won't update membership for previous Parliaments but will retain members currently on the list.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    x
    (Original post by Jarred)
    x
    Are there any takers for the two vacant PC spots?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.