Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Has israel killed more muslims than the number of Jews and gymsies the Nazis did? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    LOL I must have done mine simply said 51000 (may have just been lazy and not read any further (which is highly probable))

But at least we answered the OP
    It was in the paragraph after the list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    It was in the paragraph after the list.
    Though so just me being lazy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F.Nietzsche)
    That statistic really puts things into perspective.

I don't really see muslim talking about muslims killing other muslims but I hear about the Israel-Palestine conflict a lot. Muslims aren't the biggest fans of Israel, so why not use them as a way to avoid speaking about the real problem. :rolleyes:
    There's an Arab saying "Me against my brother, me and my brother against my cousin; me, my brother, and my cousin against the world,"

But I've always seen this attitude as a little read neck but does seem to apply here.

http://www.meforum.org/1813/the-middle-easts-tribal-dna

ReputationRep:
    There's an Arab saying "Me against my brother, me and my brother against my cousin; me, my brother, and my cousin against the world,"

But I've always seen this attitude as a little read neck but does seem to apply here.

http://www.meforum.org/1813/the-middle-easts-tribal-dna
    I think I've heard that saying before.

Ah, tribalism. It's crazy to think that there are still some people that are like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F.Nietzsche)
    I think I've heard that saying before.

Ah, tribalism. It's crazy to think that there are still some people that are like that.
    I know right. It's all very red neck but does explain an awful lot.

ReputationRep:
    Nowhere near, what is even more interesting though is that people like Assad and Saddam who were both Muslim have killed more Muslims than Israel ever has since her inception.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal)
    Nowhere near, what is even more interesting though is that people like Assad and Saddam who were both Muslim have killed more Muslims than Israel ever has since her inception.
    A handy little fact for you

'In a different perspective, some 11,000,000 Muslims have been violently killed since 1948, of which 35,000, or 0.3 percent, died during the sixty years of fighting Israel, or just 1 out of every 315 Muslim fatalities. In contrast, over 90 percent of the 11 million who perished were killed by fellow Muslims.'

ReputationRep:
    A handy little fact for you

'In a different perspective, some 11,000,000 Muslims have been violently killed since 1948, of which 35,000, or 0.3 percent, died during the sixty years of fighting Israel, or just 1 out of every 315 Muslim fatalities. In contrast, over 90 percent of the 11 million who perished were killed by fellow Muslims.'
    It is sad that a current situation exists where lots of people in Muslim countries hate Jews/Christians more than they love their own children, because if they loved their own children they would stop the killing rather than focusing on the outsiders.

This said, 35,000 is still quite a lot for one nation state to have killed.

ReputationRep:

Perhaps only tempered by the fact it's been over 60 odd years

Muslims will kill more muslims than this in this year alone

ReputationRep:
    Fewer than a thousand a year of the conflict.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ariel'sFork)
    I recommend you read "The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine" by Ilan Pappe, he actually has a reasonable argument. There aren't many figures there but the story is very interesting and will teach you stuff you didn't know.
    Thanks, I will try to get hold of this book from the library

ReputationRep:
    This is quite interesting because I assumed that Israel killed many many more than 35,000, for some unknown, irrational reason :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    This is quite interesting because I assumed that Israel killed many many more than 35,000, for some unknown, irrational reason :/
    It's the hysterical rhetoric that is used when discussing this issue

You will also see terms like ethnic cleansing and genocide being used yet stats show the population of Palestine is actually growing rather than getting smaller

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how many Palestinians Hamas has killed since it's inception?

ReputationRep:
    Obviously incomparable situations but to give perspective, the death rate of Palestinians in this conflict is less than that of Christians being killed by Boko Haram and the overall amount is like a quarter or maybe a third of Christians killed by Muslims killed in East Timor. So.....yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    The way the BBC reports the conflict is shameful, it does imply quite unfairly that Israel is committing a constant genocide as if they are the Nazis

I said before, 35,000 is a lot so it's not as if I am making excuses for Israel but for a broadcasting company which prides itself on tolerance, it feeds into antisemitic feelings in this country.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how many Palestinians Hamas has killed since it's inception?
    I'd also be interested to hear what proportion of those being killed these days are human shields used by Hamas or those made to ignore the knock on the roof warnings. I'd wager a significant amount

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    I'd also be interested to hear what proportion of those being killed these days are human shields used by Hamas or those made to ignore the knock on the roof warnings. I'd wager a significant amount
    True

there's also the death of the children who were used to build the tunnels that they tried to use to attack Israel (one report puts it at about 160)

ReputationRep:
    Here you go OP this is an interesting fact for you

that is astonishing; there should be an annual Day of Remembrance for this atrocity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    that is astonishing; there should be an annual Day of Remembrance for this atrocity.
    It'll be a muslim festival so it''l just result in more deaths

/sarcasm

But yes an astonishing figure

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 30, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.