Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you believe in ghosts? watch

• View Poll Results: Do you believe in ghosts?
    Yes
    21.82%
    No
    55.06%
    Uncertain/Don't know
    23.12%

• Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Didn't you make a thread about leaving or did I imagine that?
    yeah i did, but i have finished most of my art so i thought i would reward myself with some TSR

ReputationRep:
    No. What really scares me is how many people do.

I mean, really? Its just so hard for me to wrap my head around...

(Original post by CoolCavy)
    yes, i heard a phantom guitar player once.

true story that

also i believe in auras and you can definetly feel things sometimes in certain places
    Spoiler:
    Show

OMG i need to log off now, k bye
    Wait weren't you leaving until December? Am so confused

Oh and yeah I believe in ghosts

ReputationRep:
    Come on, guys, 239 of you either don't know whether ghosts exist or think they do?

It's 2015 ffs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    Come on, guys, 239 of you either don't know whether ghosts exist or think they do?

It's 2015 ffs
    Yes it's 2015, but there will always be young or stupid people

ReputationRep:
    :cry2: are you saying you haven't seen the ghost pig? :zomg:

Attachment 472719
    Shouldn't a ghost be transparent? It looks like this guinea pig is dipped in milk :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Uncertain nothing proves or disproves this issue for me i like to stay open minded

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZZTop1)
    Uncertain nothing proves or disproves this issue for me i like to stay open minded
    This. I know several people who claim to have encountered ghosts but I'm not going to believe in them until I see one for myself. My work is suppose to be haunted but I've never experienced anything spooky there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZZTop1)
    Are you equally uncertain as to whether invisible pink unicorns exist?

If you don't think they've been disproven now, nothing will ever disprove it for you, because it will always be theoretically possible that they've just evaded everyone's notice -- because they're ghosts.

The sensible position to take is therefore that this wildly implausible and completely unexplained thing doesn't exist until someone demonstrates that it does.

For a start, as far as anyone has ever seen you cannot have sentience without matter. You need some sort of processor, somewhere, even if we're accepting that it doesn't necessarily have to be a human brain. How is it that you think ghosts might operate, in respect of that, as well as movement? Surely they need some sort of energy input to keep going -- how does that happen? Why do they come about? Is there any vaguely plausible answer for any coherently formulated question about ghosts? Any better response than 'well, one or two isolated people think they might have seen one once, even though neither they or anyone else has ever produced clear evidence of this'?

Please, TSR, come on.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Once I learned about mental illnesses, I found it more feasible to believe that any visions were actually just hallucinations and not an actual ghost. Plus I'm an atheist any way and don't believe in heaven or an afterlife so ghosts don't really come into the equation with me.

I do love ghost horror stories and movies though but to me all ghosts are, are fiction. Each to their own though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Only 55% of people on this thread don't believe in ghosts...

:lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    :cry2: are you saying you haven't seen the ghost pig? :zomg:

Attachment 472719
    Does Ghost Pig have a superpower, or is he just, well, you know, ghostly? Like kind of a pale pig??

ReputationRep:
    If you want to know something real ****ed up there are CCTV operators who capture images of impossible people and things happening all the time. I'll try to find link and put it up but after a while working as a CCTV operator you see stuff.:afraid:

**Apparently one camera can catch a person and another camera doesnt**

ReputationRep:
    Not really.

But I get scared in creepy places very easily :erm:

I like ghost stories and stuff :yes:

I swear I have seen floating orb thing though once. Dunno what that was :-/

I've seen an unidentified flying object :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Didn't you make a thread about leaving or did I imagine that?
    It was a ghostly apparition.

Wooooooooooo!

:itisamystery:

ReputationRep:
    Of course not :lol: It goes against everything logical and scientific that I have learned

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Nope. Once I learned about mental illnesses, I found it more feasible to believe that any visions were actually just hallucinations and not an actual ghost. Plus I'm an atheist any way and don't believe in heaven or an afterlife so ghosts don't really come into the equation with me.

I do love ghost horror stories and movies though but to me all ghosts are, are fiction. Each to their own though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What if you believe in some kind of Lovecraftian cosmic terror :afraid:

Whilst atheists do tend to side with science and rationality there is no reason why someone who does not believe in the Christian God, heaven and hell and all that goes along with it can not believe in or be agnostic about the supernatural. A lot of supernatural mythology goes with the themes of humanity being insignificant which does fit with the atheist mindset.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    Of course not :lol: It goes against everything logical and scientific that I have learned
    Why? if energy cannot be destroyed then life-force has to move on to somewhere, right? Why cant there be beings made from sub atomic particles as we are mad out of atomic particles?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skeptique)
    Why? if energy cannot be destroyed then life-force has to move on to somewhere, right? Why cant there be beings made from sub atomic particles as we are mad out of atomic particles?
    There's no evidence for ghosts existing. If scientists can produce evidence about ridiculously tiny and rare subatomic particles, they'd have found some evidence of ghosts.Besides, there's also no evidence of a "soul" that would create a ghost. The human brain is an electrochemical meat computer, not magic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Count Dracula)
    Hello again, humans :fangs:

A lot of you mortals seem to have an interest in the 'supernatural', but how many of you actually believe in ghosts?

And more importantly, how many of you believe in vampires?
    as a Christian i believe in the Holy Ghost.

AFAIK there is no requirement to believe in vampires ?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.