The Student Room Group

Do you believe in ghosts?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Didn't you make a thread about leaving or did I imagine that? :s-smilie:

yeah i did, but i have finished most of my art so i thought i would reward myself with some TSR :h:
Reply 21
No. What really scares me is how many people do.

I mean, really? Its just so hard for me to wrap my head around...
Reply 22
Original post by CoolCavy
yes, i heard a phantom guitar player once.

true story that :s-smilie:

also i believe in auras and you can definetly feel things sometimes in certain places :smile:

Spoiler

Wait weren't you leaving until December? Am so confused

Oh and yeah I believe in ghosts
Come on, guys, 239 of you either don't know whether ghosts exist or think they do?

It's 2015 ffs
Reply 24
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Come on, guys, 239 of you either don't know whether ghosts exist or think they do?

It's 2015 ffs

Yes it's 2015, but there will always be young or stupid people
:cry2: are you saying you haven't seen the ghost pig? :zomg:

ghostpig.jpg

Shouldn't a ghost be transparent? :tongue: It looks like this guinea pig is dipped in milk :mmm:
Reply 26
Uncertain nothing proves or disproves this issue for me i like to stay open minded
Reply 27
Original post by ZZTop1
Uncertain nothing proves or disproves this issue for me i like to stay open minded

This. I know several people who claim to have encountered ghosts but I'm not going to believe in them until I see one for myself. My work is suppose to be haunted but I've never experienced anything spooky there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZZTop1

Are you equally uncertain as to whether invisible pink unicorns exist?

If you don't think they've been disproven now, nothing will ever disprove it for you, because it will always be theoretically possible that they've just evaded everyone's notice -- because they're ghosts.

The sensible position to take is therefore that this wildly implausible and completely unexplained thing doesn't exist until someone demonstrates that it does.

For a start, as far as anyone has ever seen you cannot have sentience without matter. You need some sort of processor, somewhere, even if we're accepting that it doesn't necessarily have to be a human brain. How is it that you think ghosts might operate, in respect of that, as well as movement? Surely they need some sort of energy input to keep going -- how does that happen? Why do they come about? Is there any vaguely plausible answer for any coherently formulated question about ghosts? Any better response than 'well, one or two isolated people think they might have seen one once, even though neither they or anyone else has ever produced clear evidence of this'?

Please, TSR, come on.
Nope. Once I learned about mental illnesses, I found it more feasible to believe that any visions were actually just hallucinations and not an actual ghost. Plus I'm an atheist any way and don't believe in heaven or an afterlife so ghosts don't really come into the equation with me.

I do love ghost horror stories and movies though but to me all ghosts are, are fiction. Each to their own though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Only 55% of people on this thread don't believe in ghosts...

:lolwut:
:cry2: are you saying you haven't seen the ghost pig? :zomg:

ghostpig.jpg

Does Ghost Pig have a superpower, or is he just, well, you know, ghostly? Like kind of a pale pig??
If you want to know something real ****ed up there are CCTV operators who capture images of impossible people and things happening all the time. I'll try to find link and put it up but after a while working as a CCTV operator you see stuff.:afraid:

**Apparently one camera can catch a person and another camera doesnt**
(edited 8 years ago)
Not really.

But I get scared in creepy places very easily :erm:

I like ghost stories and stuff :yes:

I swear I have seen floating orb thing though once. Dunno what that was :-/

I've seen an unidentified flying object :ninja:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Didn't you make a thread about leaving or did I imagine that? :s-smilie:

It was a ghostly apparition.

Wooooooooooo!

:itisamystery:
Reply 35
Of course not :lol: It goes against everything logical and scientific that I have learned
Original post by Spock's Socks
Nope. Once I learned about mental illnesses, I found it more feasible to believe that any visions were actually just hallucinations and not an actual ghost. Plus I'm an atheist any way and don't believe in heaven or an afterlife so ghosts don't really come into the equation with me.

I do love ghost horror stories and movies though but to me all ghosts are, are fiction. Each to their own though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What if you believe in some kind of Lovecraftian cosmic terror :afraid:

Whilst atheists do tend to side with science and rationality there is no reason why someone who does not believe in the Christian God, heaven and hell and all that goes along with it can not believe in or be agnostic about the supernatural. A lot of supernatural mythology goes with the themes of humanity being insignificant which does fit with the atheist mindset.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ivy.98
Of course not :lol: It goes against everything logical and scientific that I have learned

Why? if energy cannot be destroyed then life-force has to move on to somewhere, right? Why cant there be beings made from sub atomic particles as we are mad out of atomic particles?
Reply 38
Original post by Skeptique
Why? if energy cannot be destroyed then life-force has to move on to somewhere, right? Why cant there be beings made from sub atomic particles as we are mad out of atomic particles?

There's no evidence for ghosts existing. If scientists can produce evidence about ridiculously tiny and rare subatomic particles, they'd have found some evidence of ghosts.Besides, there's also no evidence of a "soul" that would create a ghost. The human brain is an electrochemical meat computer, not magic.
Original post by Count Dracula
Hello again, humans :fangs:

A lot of you mortals seem to have an interest in the 'supernatural', but how many of you actually believe in ghosts?

And more importantly, how many of you believe in vampires?

as a Christian i believe in the Holy Ghost.

AFAIK there is no requirement to believe in vampires ?

Quick Reply

Latest