x Turn on thread page Beta

What would you do if you were buried alive? watch

ReputationRep:
    Breathe as much as I can.

ReputationRep:
    post a message on TSR & we will come and dig you up bae

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    From what i've heard if you dig in a zigzag formation instead of straight up the dirt wont collapse on you. The hard part is breaking the casket. Dont ask how I know this ok
    Hahaha omg

I'll just call El Chappo's workers to dig a hole for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    I get the impression you think about this sort fo things a lot.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-die-real.html

Sleep tight :kiss:
    Not really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    If it's a cheap coffin/not great quality, kick the middle part of the top (the weakest part). Then hopefully the opening will break, fill the coffin with as much dirt as you can (which comes falling down). Once you can see an opening, use your legs and try to get out. Also don't panic as you will breathe in more air, which is not good considering the fact that you would have limited air in the coffin.

And if you have a cell phone buried with you, use it :laugh:.
    I was gonna ask how you know this , upon second thought , i really don't :O

(Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    Don't lie , this is your secret fetish.
    :erm: okay

From what i've heard if you dig in a zigzag formation instead of straight up the dirt wont collapse on you. The hard part is breaking the casket. Dont ask how I know this ok
    Are you an aspiring psycho?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

with determination

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that's *******s.

There's a reason why throughout the years Buried Alive has essentially become the holy grail for escapologists, and that's because it's one escape that is believed to be nigh on impossible and has never been done from a fully sealed casket buried 6 feet deep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enaayrah)

It isn't?

If it's a cheap coffin/not great quality, kick the middle part of the top (the weakest part). Then hopefully the opening will break, fill the coffin with as much dirt as you can (which comes falling down). Once you can see an opening, use your legs and try to get out. Also don't panic as you will breathe in more air, which is not good considering the fact that you would have limited air in the coffin.

And if you have a cell phone buried with you, use it :laugh:.
    Woah, really sound advice that.

Note to self: arrange for a cheap coffin

ReputationRep:

Ermm some things are better left unsaid...

(Original post by the bear)
    post a message on TSR & we will come and dig you up bae
    :kiss:

(Original post by kkboyk)
    Breathe as much as I can.
    That will use up your limited air supply though won't it?

(Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    It isn't?
    :no:

ReputationRep:
    Well, it was a legitimate fear of the Victorians, of George Washington, and is one of the biggest human fears.
    There are safety coffins still available, but most cemeteries don't have a nightwatchman.

But, I'll take some comfort from the fact that nobody has been saved by a safety coffin anyway. It would pretty much be it.

ReputationRep:
    :no:

(Original post by jammy4041)
    Well, it was a legitimate fear of the Victorians, of George Washington, and is one of the biggest human fears.
    There are safety coffins still available, but most cemeteries don't have a nightwatchman.

But, I'll take some comfort from the fact that nobody has been saved by a safety coffin anyway. It would pretty much be it.
    That's really grim

I like thinking outside the box...literally :laugh:
    :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    :kiss:

That will use up your limited air supply though won't it?
    I have just read an article on surviving premature burial: it instructs to take your shirt off, tie it in a certain way to prevent debris from falling all over you.

I can't paste link from my phone =_=

ReputationRep:
    That's really grim
    Yes unfortunately it is

There is....a process in the UK. I take some comfort from the fact that, to be buried alive, a whole bunch of processes have to go wrong. You'd have doctors suggesting that you are clinically dead as opposed to a state of suspended animation...there's also the embalming process too, which if you weren't dead before...you'd have family seeing you before they put you in the coffin and when you're dressed up to go away.

I don't take well to having to deal with my own death, much less, being buried alive or dying before 'my time.' But, small comforts.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.