Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I can't find anyone who wants anything real watch

Announcements

(Original post by Final Fantasy)
    That's why I asked. Yes, unfortunately I'd have to agree with you there. My advice would be to simply not look for 'emotionally available men who want relationships'. Rather, focus on your studies, work your way into a full-time career and you'll find that you no longer have to ask this question.

Personally, I would not want to be involved with a full-time student. I work, have a long-term plan, pay the bills, insurance, mortgage, taxes etc. and I just don't think that a full-time student is yet ready for any of the real-world challenges and commitments expected in a serious relationship that they'll one day face.

It will get better once you've finished your studies. Don't stress yourself over this, it's not worth it.
    Ah okay thanks for being honest. I do find it kind of upsetting though that it would put someone off as I am at a very good school and I am trying really hard to make a decent life for myself even though I might not be quite there yet unfortunately I was delayed, due to life threatening physical illness from which I have now recovered, but it doesn't change the person I am and the deeper connection I could have with someone. But yeah I suppose it's tough luck on me I'm in a sticky situation really. I feel very lonely now it's hard to fight I haven't even hugged a guy in over 5 years!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ah okay thanks for being honest. I do find it kind of upsetting though that it would put someone off as I am at a very good school and I am trying really hard to make a decent life for myself even though I might not be quite there yet unfortunately I was delayed, due to life threatening physical illness from which I have now recovered,
    I was also delayed. I understand. I just don't bother with the false hope crap that others dish out. I'm afraid you're missing my point though, this isn't about what type of school you're in or how much you excel in academia. There are so many other factors involved in the lives of serious working people that have already gone through student life and looking to move on in their next stage of life - often, that conflicts with the involvement of a student who can't see past their own needs.

but it doesn't change the person I am and the deeper connection I could have with someone. But yeah I suppose it's tough luck on me I'm in a sticky situation really.
    You're still missing the point I was trying to make. There's more to life post-study than the 'deeper connection' and emotional side of things, in a serious relationship.

Tough luck? Perhaps. Sticky situation, no - that's of your own volition. You're causing unnecessary problems for yourself, it'll continue to play on your mind if you allow it and end up worsening your mental well-being.

I feel very lonely now it's hard to fight I haven't even hugged a guy in over 5 years!
    I understand the feeling.

I see that there's not much else I can say to re-assure you. I do know however, that one day you'll look back on this and learn something important.

I wish you all the best.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in my 20s and I for the past 4 years just can't seem to find any men who want an actual relationship it seems they all just want to sew the wild oats. I'm not even attracted to the jock/player types just seemingly nice, sensible, studious guys but none of them want anything meaningful! No I'm not sleeping with any of these men by the way.

How can I find emotionally available men who want relationships?

Thank you
    you can be a jock and also studious / nice / sensible. jussayin.

ReputationRep:
    I agree. I'm struggling to meet guys that age because I am a student and I worry that guys in that age won't want to date student, even though I am a mature student. What do you think I should do?
    I don't know what you should do. There will be good guys your age so you can look there, but if you come across someone older, some may not like the student thing and some won't mind, so I wouldn't instantly rule anyone out.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in my 20s and I for the past 4 years just can't seem to find any men who want an actual relationship it seems they all just want to sew the wild oats. I'm not even attracted to the jock/player types just seemingly nice, sensible, studious guys but none of them want anything meaningful! No I'm not sleeping with any of these men by the way.

How can I find emotionally available men who want relationships?

Thank you
    You think real relationships don't involve sex?

ReputationRep:
    Of course I do. What I am saying is that I do not sleep with these men outside of a relationship and then expect a relationship after.
    More mature men will have a more mature attitude towards sex, which means they will fully expect to have sex before starting a relationship and will find your reluctance childish and off-putting.

It sounds, actually, that you don't want a mature man, you want an immature teenager who is afraid of sex.

ReputationRep:
    Of course I do. What I am saying is that I do not sleep with these men outside of a relationship and then expect a relationship after.
    Thats ok so. Considering this is TSR you never know lol.

In that case all you can do is just keep looking. There are guys out there who want a relationship so you just have to keep going

(Original post by silverbolt)
    In that case all you can do is just keep looking. There are guys out there who want a relationship so you just have to keep going
    Absolutely. I'd suggest the OP ignores the crass generalisations that some people make.

ReputationRep:
    Most young men want to enjoy being young not be tied down.

(Original post by ChickenMadness)
    you can be a jock and also studious / nice / sensible. jussayin.
    Yes I'm sorry to use generalizations but I had to illustrate my point before someone stepped in and said something along the lines of: it must be because you like the bad boys/players.

(Original post by cole-slaw)
    You think real relationships don't involve sex?
    More mature men will have a more mature attitude towards sex, which means they will fully expect to have sex before starting a relationship and will find your reluctance childish and off-putting.

It sounds, actually, that you don't want a mature man, you want an immature teenager who is afraid of sex.
    Where did I say that relationships do not involve sex? You are putting words into my mouth. I happen to really enjoy sex and have a high sex but that doesn't mean I'm going to sleep with just about anyone or someone who means nothing to me. That is the thing relationships involve sex, outside of that I'm not obliged to sleep with anyone.

(Original post by karl pilkington)
    Most young men want to enjoy being young not be tied down.
    Perhaps so

I have a high sex drive is what I meant but I cannot edit an anon post. Anyway if I want to wait for sex a man is free to walk out of the door and move onto the next. This does not make me childish, I would be childish for jumping into bed with every man who pays me a bit of attention.

ReputationRep:
    Girls wants me more for sex than relationships

(Original post by hektik)
    I don't know what you should do. There will be good guys your age so you can look there, but if you come across someone older, some may not like the student thing and some won't mind, so I wouldn't instantly rule anyone out.
    Thanks, I feel undateable though it's going to be tough to find someone my own age or older.

(Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal)
    Girls wants me more for sex than relationships

Yes I can imagine. A lot of my female friends are like this too to be fair they just want to hook up. No one wants anything real so much sex everywhere and love is no where to be found.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHussein7)
    Dating websites?
    Most of the guys are there to get laid LOL.

(Original post by Final Fantasy)
    I was also delayed. I understand. I just don't bother with the false hope crap that others dish out. I'm afraid you're missing my point though, this isn't about what type of school you're in or how much you excel in academia. There are so many other factors involved in the lives of serious working people that have already gone through student life and looking to move on in their next stage of life - often, that conflicts with the involvement of a student who can't see past their own needs.

You're still missing the point I was trying to make. There's more to life post-study than the 'deeper connection' and emotional side of things, in a serious relationship.

Tough luck? Perhaps. Sticky situation, no - that's of your own volition. You're causing unnecessary problems for yourself, it'll continue to play on your mind if you allow it and end up worsening your mental well-being.

I understand the feeling.

I see that there's not much else I can say to re-assure you. I do know however, that one day you'll look back on this and learn something important.

I wish you all the best.
    Thanks. I suppose I'm just sad that no one is going to want me, or very few people. I'm going to be 28 when I graduate and to be honest I'm going insane.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I can imagine. A lot of my female friends are like this too to be fair they just want to hook up. No one wants anything real so much sex everywhere and love is no where to be found.
    The stereotype is that women want relationships, but lots of girls are horny as **** tbh...

(Original post by taehokimbusiness)
    Most of the guys are there to get laid LOL.
    :bawling: What should I do then?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 29, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.