Turn on thread page Beta

Shall i come out to my counsellor? watch

i feel disgusted with myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I still havnt done it

My university only can offer a limited number of sessions and i only have one more left

I struggle to even tell her what ive done this week

feel so upset with myself

No no no don't beat your self up over it! It's definitely a hard thing to do so of course it will take some time to actually say the words. Maybe try to say them to yourself in the mirror? You'll get a feel for what it would feel like to say them to the counsellor and the words will come out easier if you've practiced them before.
    Try writing stuff down. It is MUCH easier. Just write it down and as soon as you walk in put it on her desk so you can't take it back. And then she'll take it from there. It'll be okay. Even if you don't do it, eventually you can. Try going to the GP and telling them and how upset you feel and everything instead of the counsellor because there's no time pressure with the GP. And they can refer you to a therapist + it's completely confidential.

At the end of the day, if you don't say it, don't worry. There's nothing wrong with that and it's completely normal to be unable to tell someone and you shouldn't feel disgusted. You should start loving yourself more, you'll be less likely to get hurt. But yeah even if the words don't come out and you keep that paper to yourself - it doesn't matter. It'll be fine don't worry, you just need time.

ReputationRep:
    I still havnt done it

My university only can offer a limited number of sessions and i only have one more left

I struggle to even tell her what ive done this week

feel so upset with myself
    You still have one session left!! Please don't lose heart because you can do it, I assure you. It's hard, there's no need to be upset with yourself, you're being so strong and you can only ask yourself to keep going and keep trying. Perhaps you need to find a counsellor outside of uni when the sessions finish? Could pop to the GP's and have a chat with them?

ReputationRep:
    Please don't be. I think you should tell her - it will make you feel better.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 30, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.