Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Sixth form entrance exams to Kings College School Wimbledon watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    For the maths, I say I could confidently get marks for about 75- 80percent of the paper. About 5 percent I'm sure I got core to but not too confident, and about 15 percent of the examination were question I'd never seen.

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, I think there were about 200-300 people there, and they probably take 1/4 to a 1/2 for interviews

ReputationRep:
    How did you find the essay bit of the general paper ?

ReputationRep:
    And any idea how many places do they have ?

ReputationRep:
    About 5 places for boys, and 40 places for girls- competition is extremely tough for boys. Anyway the essay section was quite good in my opinion. What other schools have you guys applied to

ReputationRep:
    So how many do you think get called back for interviews?

ReputationRep:
    Have u tried anywhere else ?

ReputationRep:
    Yep, for Sevenoaks. Don't know whether to try for anywhere else- anyway I think they take about 1/4 to a 1/2 for interviews

ReputationRep:
    No chance for me then 😟😟

ReputationRep:
    No chance for me either. I feel like I did okay in the exams but it wouldn't be enough to get me an interview let alone a place in the school...

ReputationRep:
    I feel like that as well. There must have been so many people who must of performed better than me. Maybe if we had a really good reference, we have a chance. Just counting the days till Thursday

ReputationRep:
    But maybe they are not looking for perfection. They want potential they can develop and teach . Let's keep hope!!

ReputationRep:
    I heard there was one girl who had already done all her GCSEs in year 10 and was going to miss year 11!! Can't beat that

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Just wondering, where does everybody come from, e.g. Location wise, and why do they want to go to kings. Just wondering

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone getting their interview results tomorrow, hopefully all of us gets the interview

ReputationRep:
    Any email yet for the interview?

ReputationRep:
    Yup I've got an email inviting me to mine tomorrow XD will I be seeing any of you there?

ReputationRep:
    As a parent out of interest, how many students were taking the test for KCS

My dd said 40-50

ReputationRep:
    Whose going today. Not me

ReputationRep:
    I've got my interview tomorrow. Around 120 took the exam last saturday

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.